Start by marking “One Piece, Volume 49: Nightmare Luffy (One Piece, #49)” as Want to Read:
One Piece, Volume 49: Nightmare Luffy (One Piece, #49)

One Piece, Volume 49: Nightmare Luffy (One Piece #49)

4.46 of 5 stars 4.46  ·  rating details  ·  1,194 ratings  ·  22 reviews
In their effort to help their new friend Brook regain his shadow from Gecko Moria and his army of zombies, Luffy, Sanji and Zolo lose their shadows too! A human with no shadow will die if sunlight hits them! Can the crew defeat one of the Seven Warlords of the Sea to get their shadows back before the sun rises?
Published June 1st 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published March 4th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about One Piece, Volume 49, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Piece, Volume 49

Tom Ewing
Perhaps Eiichiro Oda got a little bored with this horror-themed storyline too - or he had a nudge from the Weekly Shonen Jump reader polls, who knows - as it moves close to resolution with remarkable speed for a One Piece arc. Far from the operatic final conflicts with Crocodile or Enel, Luffy's battle with Moria is a fairly simple affair. It's quite satisfying, it's good to see everyone play a part once again, and as usual it's a visual riot - but I'm reminded of how much of a diversion all thi ...more
Kurami Rocket
So glad this vol was better than the last couple of volumes! What I really enjoyed was seeing the whole crew fight together and work as a team to try and take down Oz! This is the 1st time we get to actually see them fight together, instead of fighting individually against different foes. They were all epic as they worked together.

Also, Luffy's brief transformation was so awesome! Couldn't help, but cheer for him. Though, Luffy can be such a goof and a idiot, he really is an awesome character a
Marilag
Novia
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno
Rana
I have read this volume in the few days after my Ella was born.. It was entertaining and fast paced. It helped me overcome the pain and occupied my long nights I was awake because my child was crying.
Luffy's transformation was really amazing. It was the only logical way to beat Oz! Eiichiro Oda proved thatue still has a lot to offer.
Jeffrey
When Oars teams up with Moria, the crew of the Thousand Sunny must find a way to defeat a beast now with both Luffy's personality and abilities. Meanwhile Luffy hatches a scheme to ultimately defeat Moria that (again) puts his own life at risk.

First, Eiichiro Oda comes up with a creative solution to once again increase Luffy's power level, this time thankfully temporarily. Second (view spoiler)
Linda Jaejoong
Der Finale Kampf gegen Oz und Moria beginnt und es sie schlecht für die Strohhüte aus. Plötzlich taucht noch ein Samurai der Meere auf, aber was will er? Um Oz und Moria zu schlagen macht Ruffy einen gefährlichen Schritt, er nimmt 100 Schatten in sich auf um die nötige Kraft zu erlangen die er benötigt um seine Feinde zu besiegen.

Die Strohhut Bande steht geschlossen zusammen im Kampf gegen Oz und Moria. Sie sind einfach ein super tolles Team und zusammen sind sie auch unschlagbar, wie der Kampf
Ittoki Jezza-chan
no matter what chapter I read in THIS MANGA I WILL ALWAYS LOVE MONKEY D. LUFFY!!!!
P.S.
love the content!!!
Fudz
Kelompok Bajak laut luffy yg sempat dikalahkan Gecko Moria&Oz, si raksasa menyeramkan, akhirnya bangkit kembali melawan!
Luffy dtng dengan kekuatan yg dahsyat, krn tubuhnya diisi dengan 100 bayangan ara prajurit yg hebat Tetapi batas waktu u/menglahkan GEcko Moria hanya 10 menit. Jika tidak , bayangan2 yg ada dalam dirinya akan berhamburan keluar, dan Luffy pun akan kembali kehilangana kekuatan.
DEngan segenap tenaga, Luffy dan kru bajak lautnya yg tadinya pingsan, kembali bangkit dengan penuh
Tsering
luffy v/s luffy.
モンキー・D・ルフィ
"Sólo puede haber un Luffy".
Amy Yeap
Dru
A massive battle with Oars is the highlight of this volume as well as introducing one of my favorite characters Bartholomew Kuma, another Warlord of the Sea.
S. J.
Jul 01, 2013 S. J. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: The Anime
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 20 November 2008.
Milo L.
The continuation of thriller bark.

Enter warlord Kuma
David
If only he could keep the power-up
Yulistiani D. Indriasari
Kenapa mereka begitu keren Q.Q
Karma Akabane
Luffy got turn into a blue mini giant!!
Anna
Mar 15, 2013 Anna added it
Shelves: manga
Dammit story, you're stalling again.
3Jesper
It was okay,.
Raman
Raman added it
Aug 28, 2015
Justine Barnes
Justine Barnes marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Bmc
Bmc added it
Aug 25, 2015
  • フェアリーテイル [Fearī Teiru] 17 (Fairy Tail, #17)
  • NARUTO -ナルト 56- 巻ノ五十六
  • Bleach―ブリーチ― [Burīchi] 39 (Bleach, #39)
208650
See also 尾田 栄一郎

Eiichiro Oda (尾田 栄一郎 Oda Eiichirō) is a Japanese manga artist, best known as the creator of the manga and anime One Piece.

As a child, Oda was inspired by Akira Toriyama's works and aspired to become a manga artist. He recalls that his interest in pirates was probably sparked by the popular TV animation series titled Vicky the Viking. He submitted a character named Pandaman for Yudet
More about Eiichiro Oda...

One Piece (1 - 10 of 80 books)
  • One Piece, Volume 01: Romance Dawn (One Piece, #1)
  • One Piece, Volume 02: Buggy the Clown (One Piece, #2)
  • One Piece, Volume 03: Don't Get Fooled Again (One Piece, #3)
  • One Piece, Volume 04: The Black Cat Pirates (One Piece, #4)
  • One Piece, Volume 05: For Whom the Bell Tolls (One Piece, #5)
  • One Piece, Volume 06: The Oath (One Piece, #6)
  • One Piece, Volume 07: The Crap-Geezer (One Piece, #7)
  • One Piece, Volume 08: I Won't Die (One Piece, #8)
  • One Piece, Volume 09: Tears (One Piece, #9)
  • One Piece, Volume 10: OK, Let's Stand Up! (One Piece, #10)
One Piece, Volume 01: Romance Dawn (One Piece, #1) One Piece, Volume 38: Rocketman!! (One Piece, #38) One Piece, Volume 08: I Won't Die (One Piece, #8) One Piece, Volume 06: The Oath (One Piece, #6) One Piece, Volume 02: Buggy the Clown (One Piece, #2)