Start by marking “One Piece, Volume 49: Nightmare Luffy (One Piece, #49)” as Want to Read:
One Piece, Volume 49: Nightmare Luffy (One Piece, #49)

One Piece, Volume 49: Nightmare Luffy (One Piece #49)

4.46  ·  Rating Details ·  1,588 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
In their effort to help their new friend Brook regain his shadow from Gecko Moria and his army of zombies, Luffy, Sanji and Zolo lose their shadows too! A human with no shadow will die if sunlight hits them! Can the crew defeat one of the Seven Warlords of the Sea to get their shadows back before the sun rises?
Published June 1st 2010 by VIZ Media LLC (first published March 4th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about One Piece, Volume 49, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Piece, Volume 49

liesolitte
Sep 10, 2014 liesolitte rated it really liked it
"Sólo puede haber un Luffy".
Marilag
Apr 03, 2013 Marilag rated it liked it
Novia
Aug 04, 2012 Novia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, one-piece
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno
Jeffrey
Dec 02, 2011 Jeffrey rated it it was amazing
When Oars teams up with Moria, the crew of the Thousand Sunny must find a way to defeat a beast now with both Luffy's personality and abilities. Meanwhile Luffy hatches a scheme to ultimately defeat Moria that (again) puts his own life at risk.

First, Eiichiro Oda comes up with a creative solution to once again increase Luffy's power level, this time thankfully temporarily. Second (view spoiler)
Tom Ewing
Apr 13, 2015 Tom Ewing rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Perhaps Eiichiro Oda got a little bored with this horror-themed storyline too - or he had a nudge from the Weekly Shonen Jump reader polls, who knows - as it moves close to resolution with remarkable speed for a One Piece arc. Far from the operatic final conflicts with Crocodile or Enel, Luffy's battle with Moria is a fairly simple affair. It's quite satisfying, it's good to see everyone play a part once again, and as usual it's a visual riot - but I'm reminded of how much of a diversion all thi ...more
Linda Jaejoong
Jan 05, 2017 Linda Jaejoong rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-until-2017
Der Finale Kampf gegen Oz und Moria beginnt und es sie schlecht für die Strohhüte aus. Plötzlich taucht noch ein Samurai der Meere auf, aber was will er? Um Oz und Moria zu schlagen macht Ruffy einen gefährlichen Schritt, er nimmt 100 Schatten in sich auf um die nötige Kraft zu erlangen die er benötigt um seine Feinde zu besiegen.

Die Strohhut Bande steht geschlossen zusammen im Kampf gegen Oz und Moria. Sie sind einfach ein super tolles Team und zusammen sind sie auch unschlagbar, wie der Kampf
Kurami Rocket
Aug 19, 2015 Kurami Rocket rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
So glad this vol was better than the last couple of volumes! What I really enjoyed was seeing the whole crew fight together and work as a team to try and take down Oz! This is the 1st time we get to actually see them fight together, instead of fighting individually against different foes. They were all epic as they worked together.

Also, Luffy's brief transformation was so awesome! Couldn't help, but cheer for him. Though, Luffy can be such a goof and a idiot, he really is an awesome character a
Fudz
Nov 24, 2008 Fudz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelompok Bajak laut luffy yg sempat dikalahkan Gecko Moria&Oz, si raksasa menyeramkan, akhirnya bangkit kembali melawan!
Luffy dtng dengan kekuatan yg dahsyat, krn tubuhnya diisi dengan 100 bayangan ara prajurit yg hebat Tetapi batas waktu u/menglahkan GEcko Moria hanya 10 menit. Jika tidak , bayangan2 yg ada dalam dirinya akan berhamburan keluar, dan Luffy pun akan kembali kehilangana kekuatan.
DEngan segenap tenaga, Luffy dan kru bajak lautnya yg tadinya pingsan, kembali bangkit dengan penuh
Ashley
Dec 20, 2015 Ashley rated it liked it
Rana
Mar 23, 2014 Rana rated it it was amazing
I have read this volume in the few days after my Ella was born.. It was entertaining and fast paced. It helped me overcome the pain and occupied my long nights I was awake because my child was crying.
Luffy's transformation was really amazing. It was the only logical way to beat Oz! Eiichiro Oda proved thatue still has a lot to offer.
Frahorus
Jul 26, 2016 Frahorus rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, one-piece
Rufy sconfigge Moria. Zoro lotta contro Kuma e si fa carico del dolore di Rufy. Ci viene poi narrata la storia di Brook e della promessa di ri-incontrare la balena. I nostri, dopo aver festeggiato per alcuni giorni, ripartono per cercare l'isola degli uomini pesce e alla fine arriva la simpatica sirena Kissing Gourami Caimey.
Amy
Sep 07, 2016 Amy rated it it was amazing
S. J.
Jul 01, 2013 S. J. rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, teenage boys and girls, people interested in manga, fans of the series
Recommended to S. by: The Anime
Dru
Apr 03, 2011 Dru rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-graphic-novel
A massive battle with Oars is the highlight of this volume as well as introducing one of my favorite characters Bartholomew Kuma, another Warlord of the Sea.
Ittoki Jezza-chan
no matter what chapter I read in THIS MANGA I WILL ALWAYS LOVE MONKEY D. LUFFY!!!!
P.S.
love the content!!!
Brian
Brian rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2012
Jess Featherstone
Jess Featherstone rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2017
Résza
Résza rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2014
Erdbeertee
Erdbeertee rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2015
Charles
Charles rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2014
Muh
Muh rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2016
Domovoi
Domovoi rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2013
Imma
Imma rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2016
Damar hening Sunyiaji
Damar hening Sunyiaji rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2014
Phoenix
Phoenix rated it did not like it
Aug 18, 2016
Murri
Murri rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2016
AnAnon OvO
AnAnon OvO rated it it was amazing
Nov 23, 2012
Frank
Frank rated it it was amazing
Sep 29, 2015
Bri
Bri rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2015
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
May 23, 2013
  • フェアリーテイル 24 [Fearī Teiru 24] (Fairy Tail, #24)
  • Naruto, Vol. 49: The Gokage Summit Commences (Naruto, #49)
  • Bleach―ブリーチ― 45 [Burīchi 45] (Bleach, #45)
  • マギ 13 [Magi 13] (Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic, #13)
208650