Solomon Snow and the Stolen Jewel

Solomon Snow and the Stolen Jewel

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Solomon Snow and his stalwart friends return in a second mock-Victorian extravaganza!

In their second adventure, the intrepid trio becomes ensnared in a plot to steal a priceless ruby. But what do a stubborn donkey, a shady dwarf, and Mr. Skippy the rabbit have to do with it all?
Published March 13th 2007 by Candlewick Press (first published June 5th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Solomon Snow and the Stolen Jewel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solomon Snow and the Stolen Jewel

Chris
Very, very funny. Every bit as good as the first one. My favorite part was the fire juggler at the Prodigy's circus, followed closely by the recurrent short jokes (such as how the mummy of a short pharaoh was found "under a very small sand dune, which turned out to be an overlooked pyramid"). Mr. Skippy is back too, and I enjoyed his new, equally passive role.
D. George
Cute followup to book 1. Wish there were more in the series!
Spencer H.
Feb 27, 2011 Spencer H. is currently reading it
2-7-11
pg 19
i really like the book so far...im wondering why pa dosnt replace the red jar with his green jar.
_______________________________________________________________________
2-13-11
pg 31
why dosnt prudence want to go with solly
_______________________________________________________________________ 2-27-11
pg 59
I dont think the bribery is going to work because the jail seems really strict.
Laurel
This Solomon Snow story isn't as good as the original story but it is awfully fun to read aloud to the kids. Mine were going nuts as the story got madcap and the Prodigy delivered her lines. Lots of memorable characters with great names.
Selina
Oct 07, 2009 Selina rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all with children
Another great read-aloud for my girls and I - the characters are so fun to portray! Although we didn't like this one as much as the first book, it was fun to travel with Solly, The Prodigy and Prudence again!!
Kim
Though I wasn't sure how I felt about the "midget clown" bad guy...It all came together beautifully. This author always has a place on my bookshelf!
This sequel was not even close to the delightful read as the original. Very disappointing.
Alice
Like a light-hearted Meggy Swan. Entertaining. Good enough.
Kristen
Okay for a kid to read, but I can't recommend it to adults.
Heather
Funny, but not nearly so good as the first book.
PWRL
Jul 24, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
Karyn Lewis
Karyn Lewis marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Dana Avramescu
Dana Avramescu marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Gabby
Gabby added it
Jun 01, 2014
Hamzah Alwafi
Hamzah Alwafi marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Karencita
Karencita marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Tabea Kunzelmann
Tabea Kunzelmann marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Ella Rose
Ella Rose marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
Terri
Terri marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Sara Batya
Sara Batya marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Silver Spoon of Solomon Snow Clover Twig and the Magical Cottage (Clover Twig, #1) Pongwiffy: A Witch Of Dirty Habits I Don't Like Gloria! Pongwiffy And The Spell Of The Year