Start by marking “Ambereye (Garoul, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ambereye (Garoul, #2)

Ambereye (Garoul #2)

Hope Glassy loves her job at Ambereye, Inc., despite having Jolie Garoul as her new boss. Jolie is a moody workaholic. She is awkward, contrary, and on occasion, just plain mean. Hope is hardworking, popular, and in recovery from a serious illness. She doesn't need a bizarre boss. She doesn't need to work over Thanksgiving either. Nevertheless, that's what she and Jolie en ...more
Published January 12th 2010 by Bold Strokes Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Ambereye, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ambereye

The Dark Wife by Sarah DiemerWitch Wolf by Winter PenningtonAmbereye by Gill McKnightThe Midnight Hunt by L.L. RaandSanta Olivia by Jacqueline Carey
F/F Paranormal and Urban Fantasy
3rd out of 276 books — 367 voters
And Playing the Role of Herself by K.E. LaneWaiting in the Wings by Melissa BraydenThe Gravity Between Us by Kristen ZimmerJericho by Ann McManHow Sweet It Is by Melissa Brayden
Best F/F Romance Books
16th out of 685 books — 555 voters

More lists with this book...

Lex Kent
Apr 08, 2016 Lex Kent rated it it was amazing
Shelves: f-f-paranormal
I enjoyed the first book in this series, but this one was fantastic! This was so well written. You really felt that Jolie was part human/part wolf. Her characters inner dialogue was great. In fact this book was funny. The relationship between Jolie and Hope's dog Tadpole was hilarious. I loved the Frisbee scene:) The romance between Hope and Jolie was sweet too. It had a nice slow build where the characters really got to know each other.
This book really was so unexpectedly wonderful! I would rec
Sep 12, 2010 Alena rated it liked it
So, my relationship with Gill McKnight's books hasn't exactly been the best. Everyone else seemed to agree though that Ambereye was her best book, so when the chance presented itself, I took it, figuring 'What the heck, it can't really be worse than the others". I was a bit worried that another Garoul book would again rub me the wrong way in regards to the non-consensual sex that bothered me so much in Goldenseal, but went ahead anyway.

And I enjoyed. In its best moments, the book reminded me of
(updated after 2nd read) This is book 2 of the Garoul series, but they can each be read separately without having read the others. Goldenseal reviews made me think i wouldn't like it, but this book was consistently reported to be much better. So, i skipped book 1 and just came straight to this one. I didn't miss anything or feel left out of the loop. (note: i've since gone back to read book 1, and liked it the best of the three. that's a reminder to take your reviews with a grain of salt)

This bo
Mar 15, 2013 Erin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, comedy, lesbian
Gill McKnight captured my attention with Goldenseal, but after reading Ambereye she's now firmly in my favorite authors. I love the world she's created and the more she fleshes it out the better it gets. Other reviews are correct that there's a change in tone between these first two books in the series. There is barley any element of mystery and absolutely no horror in this one. But that's fine. It's great to see that this world can handle many types of story whether it's mystery, horror or roma ...more
In the second book in the Garoul series, the readers are already 'in' on the Garoul's secret, so the author manages to concentrate on the character development of the leads, which results in a much better and emotionally satisfying read. Ambereye is both funny and heartbreaking at the same time. Actually it was more like Jolie is funny and heartbreaking at the same time. Jolie and Hope's office tussels are unforgettable. And I just love it when the characters' personalities are so far apart but ...more
Bree Paige
Feb 06, 2016 Bree Paige rated it really liked it
I love the story. The characters are both lovable.
The saying Opposite attracts will tell you the whole story.
The only problem that I have here was I can't picture or vision of Jolie's appearance or even Hope. I know their both hot and Attractive but sometimes I need decription a very good description.
Dec 05, 2012 Nikki rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed it, even more than the first one. I wasn't ready for it to end, and I wanted to hear more about these two.
Jul 17, 2015 Syeinv rated it really liked it
Read the book first before reading the review sections is recommend.

I admitted this book had me laughing outright, and most of the time I would either giggling or grinning like an idiot while reading it.
Jodie is, well, her initial action might be a bit annoying, but gradually throughout the book, I find her actions and behaviors to be very cute. Her passionate declaration of love, her dedication, and her yearning also gaining more points toward that charming personality.
Regarding Jodie's stea
Jimmy Hanson
Apr 01, 2014 Jimmy Hanson rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f, 2011, 2012, 2013
In my opinion, a great deal better than it's predecessor. Hope is a wonderful character, shining but not always so brightly - she has flaws, very realistic flaws, and tries to be positive despite it. On the other hand, Jolie is basically her opposite in every way - she antisocial, rude, brutish, and negative. The only thing that they have in common is their dedication to work and their persistence.

There were a great many moments of humor in "Ambereye," most of which were in the beginning. Even
Bad Cookie
Jan 08, 2014 Bad Cookie rated it did not like it
I received a Barnes & Noble gift card for Christmas from an aunt and this is one of the books I purchased. I wish I hadn't wasted $13.13 on it. At first I found it an interesting story, but it went downhill from there. I feel the story needed more fleshing out. It seemed to be missing something. And what was up with the love scenes? It seemed very one-sided with Jolie doing all the giving and Hope doing all the taking. I get that her body is still recovering from being ill, but still... Over ...more
Erin Roosevelt
Feb 09, 2014 Erin Roosevelt rated it it was amazing
Probably my favorite book Released by Bold Stroke Books.
I so enjoyed this book and got my fill of emotions. It got me laughing from the first few chapters.. great start. Jolie is adorably territorial, competitive, and a little naive and awkward. Hope, on the other hand, is a people person. She's very smart, not easily fazed and tries to exude happiness and uplift everyone's spirits at work.

These two complement each other at more than just the physical level. It was fun to see their relationship develop with the help of the fun Garoul clan.

Fun, roma
Jun 10, 2016 Rox rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Something about this story is off

Curiosity got the better of me so I brought this book. I wanted some decent fantasy/supernatural action. It started out just fine, funny, the kind of humor you'd find in one of those old Doris Day movies. Another reviewer mentioned the same thing and I agree. For me, all was fine until the road trip started. After that, it went downhill pretty fast. Jolie is falling too hard too soon for Hope, yes, she is of a different species, and in essence she "imprinted" on
Feb 04, 2015 Diana rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Sep 03, 2013 Tori rated it it was ok
There were some parts of this book that I really enjoyed (humor, etc.), but there were many parts that I did not enjoy. It just felt a little corny to me. I'm never really a fan when the author tries to dictate what the reader should be thinking/felling with cheesy rhetorical questions. I suppose it's an amusing book to get you by in between books, but on it's own I don't find it particularly impressive or captivating.
Aug 15, 2015 Eva rated it liked it
This book could have portrayed a great love story if the author would have not used the fantasy plot as crutch.

The starting point of this story is great, with two well depicted and highly incompatible leads that clash and crush. The author is very good at showing (not telling) this exciting clash of personalities, using great dosis of humor, and small dosis of cuteness. So far so good, but when the obvious crush turns into real love is when the fantasy layer comes up and when the story looses i
Jae Jae
Aug 18, 2011 Jae Jae rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one much more than the first in the series, and it can be read as a standalone. The characters are better developed, and the author captured my interest from the beginning by making me curious about the characters and not revealing too much too soon. Also, there were some really funny scenes. One of the best reads of 2010 so far.
Jan 29, 2015 Elena rated it really liked it
Liked this book a lot better than the first. That is for sure. It was fun playful banter.. And it wasn't trying to hold onto a secret that was obvious from the beginning.
Anyways it was a nice quick read and a book that I could read to get away from the real world.
I loved the characters in this one and I loved seeing them figure each other out. Jolie's transformation is lovely and occasionally hilarious. This really can be read as a standalone, although it was nice knowing who everyone was when they made it out to Little Dip.
This was a really funny read while also having a lot of heart. It was a completely different tone from the 1st book and I enjoyed this one much more. I love the two leads and how they came together. Definitely recommend reading.
Jan 18, 2015 Cheri rated it really liked it
Rereading with the Mostly Lesfic group. I love Jolie and Hope.

Finished and still love Jolie and Hope. I would be happy with another book focusing on them. Very happy.

See my review at
Nov 26, 2015 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesbian-fiction
I liked this book better than the first. I am writing this after reading the entire series, and this one is my favorite. I enjoyed them all, but this one I just couldn't put down.
What an unexpected, but pleasant surprise. The banter and conflict between characters is so funny. I laughed so hard when I read this book. I haven't laughed so much in a long time. The scene when Jolie's mother misunderstands Hope's comment about food on Jolie's desk ... Oh my, I couldn't contain the laughter. I just about died because I couldn't get enough oxygen to my lungs. Trust me you'll understand when you read the book.

I loved the office scenes. They were playful and fun. I may have bee
Oct 15, 2014 Incantatore rated it it was amazing
Well... I love Julie Garoul!
Wonderful character, funny, complicated and sweet.
Just a man's point of view
I have now read (and enjoyed!) all four novels of the Garoul series, and as it is for many others, my favourite one is Ambereye.

Ambereye is a bit different from the other three novels, which are more adventurous, mysterious, more paranormal, more classically "werewolven" so to speak.

With this second Chapter the author took her time to go a little bit more deeply into romance.

If this series has a flaw, for me, it is the fact that werewolves' mating for life is used as a pretext to justify love. S
Nov 05, 2012 Luke added it
loved it
Dec 25, 2015 Beckie rated it it was amazing
Of all the books in this series this one is my favorite, the author balances humor with angst and love I found myself falling in love with these characters and I am so glad that we see them again in the next books in the series.
Nov 17, 2011 Jadexoxo rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
'4.5' stars. This is the second novel I've read by this author and I must say, this one was considerably much better than the first (Goldenseal). I found myself laughing out loud page after page after page. I loved this book because it was so original, different and humorous. My only problem was that it ended very abrupt. I was not happy about that. Also, I thought Jolie was be a bit immature for someone of such high status. She's a business woman and she's stealing her PA's chair and stapler? O ...more
Mar 27, 2015 YC rated it really liked it
Fluffy easy read.
Oct 01, 2014 Sotheary rated it it was amazing
that's a good read. but the story's kinda short.
  • Second Nature (The Shape-Shifter Series, #1)
  • Raven Mask (Kassandra Lyall Preternatural Investigator, #2)
  • Blood Hunt (Midnight Hunters #2)
  • Wild
  • Pitifully Ugly
  • Jericho
  • Missing Lynx (Elite Operatives,  #3)
  • Parties in Congress
  • Under the Midnight Cloak (Under, #1)
  • Stranded
  • Better Off Red (Vampire Sorority Sisters, #1)
  • How Sweet It Is
Gill McKnight is Irish but spends as much time as possible in Lesbos, Greece, which she considers home. She can often be found traveling back and forth between Greece and Ireland in a rusty old camper van with her rusty wee dog. Gill enjoys writing, roses, and by necessity DIY.
More about Gill McKnight...

Garoul (4 books)
  • Goldenseal (Garoul, #1)
  • Indigo Moon (Garoul, #3)
  • Silver Collar (Garoul, #4)