Start by marking “God's Children (Nathan Dixon, #1)” as Want to Read:
God's Children (Nathan Dixon, #1)

God's Children (Nathan Dixon #1)

It is from the Biblical saying the Harold Coyle has taken the title of his new novel, God's Children. Yet peacekeeping is not child's play. A tale of high-tech warfare set in near-future Solvakia, God's Children is the story of the 3rd Platoon, Company, 2nd Battalion of the 13th Infantry, and two young officers who try to keep a peace that is falling apart before their ver ...more
Published April 15th 2001 by Forge Books (first published February 12th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about God's Children, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God's Children

Ron Holmes
Jan 14, 2015 Ron Holmes rated it really liked it
I have read a lot of Harold Coyle's work. All the books are good, military related topics. Since I have a background in the military I enjoy all of his books. This one is exciting with lots of twists and turns but not enough sex.
John
Oct 28, 2016 John rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. Seemed realistic and not sure who was going to make it out alive and who wasn't. So many books the hero makes it just so they can continue the series. This one had imperfect soldiers and hero's.

Like the ethnic setting with the ethnic civil war element of the Slavic countries.

Why are we here peacekeeping two side trying to kill each other. Interesting side topic to the story.

Andrew Herbert
Sep 08, 2016 Andrew Herbert rated it it was ok
Meh. The action is compelling, but the "psychological" aspects to this book are goofy.

U.S. peacekeepers in Slovakia in a fictional genocidal situation have to deal with rules of engagement that mean they are ineffective. Drama ensues as a new officer leads a "routine" patrol. Predictable in many ways. Coyle's other books were better, so I'd choose one of them!
Svarnyp
Aug 12, 2016 Svarnyp rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
ENG/CZ

An ok book about a military unit getting caught in an ethnic conflict. However, with so many actual accounts of war experiences around which are often written in a very good and captivating way, I would leave this one out. Mr. Coyle has some experience (according to the book cover) but the book still feels artificial.

O vojenské jednotce USA, co se připlete do etnických bojů v Moldávii (fiktivní Moldavsko). Avšak vynechal bych tuto knihu, spíš si přečtěte nějaké paměti z Afghanistánu nebo I
T Dale
Feb 24, 2010 T Dale rated it it was amazing
This was a good, competent tale of infantry combat. A good reread. Horold Coyle is very good at spinning a story about combat at the foot soldier level. Like all such books, a lot of effort goes into the interpersonal relationships in the military. Having never be in the military, I have no personal experience, but a lot of these type books devote a hell of a lot of space to this topic. Sometimes I have to use a score card to keep up with the characters. This one was mercifully short in this ...more
Peter
May 29, 2010 Peter rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, military

A great quick read if you like military fiction. I've read several of Coyle's book, I've always enjoyed his writing. Not only does he do a good job with the military jargon and terminology, he does a great job telling a story and developing characters.
Matthew Bentz
May 26, 2014 Matthew Bentz rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've ever read. A great story that gives great insight to today's peacekeeping forces. Everyone should not forget the soldiers are just trying to do the job assigned to them the best they can.
D.F. Haley
Apr 05, 2016 D.F. Haley rated it liked it
I'm sure I've read this book before. It reads like a case history for military underclassmen, yet it is still a masterful novel as well. Didn't realize this was the first Nathan Dixon book. Worth reading it just to refresh the back story on a fun series of books.
Kbrandon62
May 06, 2014 Kbrandon62 rated it liked it
Shouldn't this be book 2?
I started this series with this book but from what I read this is the second in the series. Against All Enemies the book I'm reading now is the first book in the Nathan Dixon Series.
Gary Mundhenke
Jun 14, 2016 Gary Mundhenke rated it really liked it
Good page-turner book that was hard to put down. Lot of action that kept the plot moving along.
Only disappointment was the ending. Was kind of sudden and not what I was expecting.
Stuart Austwick
Dec 28, 2015 Stuart Austwick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Read as always

As always with Harold Coyle, the detail,the plot lend themselves to a book you just have to read.
Excellent story
Fredrick Danysh
Nov 26, 2014 Fredrick Danysh rated it really liked it
On a peace keeping mission two young lieutenants are with a patrol when things suddenly go wrong as they are attacked by a vastly superior force. Their mission changes to one of survival.
Bob Conner
Jan 18, 2015 Bob Conner rated it it was amazing
Shelves: military-war
Coyle is an excellent author with a good knowledge of military. His story lines are intriguing and, while fictional, are not only credible, but very possible.
Cliff Schenk
Cliff Schenk rated it liked it
May 25, 2013
Willie D. Flournoy
Willie D. Flournoy rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2015
Susan
Susan rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2011
Mike Gurney
Mike Gurney rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2011
Mike
Mike rated it it was ok
Mar 10, 2012
Jens Leugengroot
Jens Leugengroot rated it it was ok
Nov 16, 2016
Bob Porter
Jan 12, 2016 Bob Porter rated it really liked it
Always a good author
David Laster
David Laster rated it it was ok
Jul 16, 2015
Graeme Campbell
Graeme Campbell rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2013
Frank
Frank rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2013
Sam Koeppen
Sam Koeppen rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2015
Brian Mueller
Brian Mueller rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2014
carl w. cox
carl w. cox rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2016
Kel
Kel rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2014
Ron
Ron rated it it was ok
Jan 09, 2015
Anthony Posada
Anthony Posada rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2015
thebridge0491
thebridge0491 rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2012
  • Cauldron
  • The Med (Dan Lenson, #1)
  • Secret Honor (Honor Bound, #3)
  • Battle Born (Patrick McLanahan, #8)
  • By Dawn's Early Light
  • Cuba (Jake Grafton #7)
Harold Coyle is an American author of historical, speculative fiction and war novels including Team Yankee, a New York Times best-seller.He graduated from the Virginia Military Institute in 1974 and spent seventeen years on active duty with the U.S. Army.He lives in Leavenworth, Kansas.
More about Harold Coyle...

Nathan Dixon (6 books)
  • Against All Enemies (Nathan Dixon, #2)
  • More Than Courage (Nathan Dixon, #3)
  • They Are Soldiers (Nathan Dixon, #4)
  • Cat and Mouse (Nathan Dixon, #5)
  • No Warriors, No Glory (Nathan Dixon, #6)