Start by marking “Hide in Plain Sight (The Three Sisters Inn, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hide in Plain Sight (The Three Sisters Inn, #1)

Hide in Plain Sight (The Three Sisters Inn #1)

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  6,084 ratings  ·  557 reviews
She couldn't turn her back on her family in their time of need. So when her sister was injured, financial expert Andrea Hampton traded the big city for Amish country to help turn her grandmother's house into an inn.

But life with the Plain People took a treacherous turn when a string of accidents and pranks threatened her family. Someone didn't want the secrets the old hous
Published June 1st 2008 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published August 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Hide in Plain Sight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hide in Plain Sight

Melora
What a steaming pile of donkey dung this book was. I chose this book because it was free on Kindle, and I was looking for some light entertainment, a "palate cleanser," if you will, in between serious novels. This was more like drinking sour milk on a dare.

So the main character comes to Amish country, Pennsylvania, because her sister has been in a car accident. But as soon as she meets the Main Hunk, she has some sort of freaking lust-inspired, career-ending, life-changing epiphany and, even tho
Leann
Still being new to Christian fiction, this is the first Love Inspired Suspense novel that I've read. The author, Marta Perry, does a good job of creating a sense of suspense, but the characters are a bit one-dimensional.

Also, I wasn't a fan of the theme running throughout the novel: it's contrary to a life well-lived for God to be ambitious about your career. Cal, the love interest, is a former-attorney-turned-carpenter. Andrea, the main character, is an up-and-coming financial guru who's job g
AlixJamie
Plot: Unfortunately, this book wasn't long enough for both a mystery/suspense plot and thorough fleshing out of characters, so one venue had to be chosen and utilized. Marta Perry chose the plot.
I must admit that, from the beginning (and finding out that it was a LoveInspired book), I wasn't expecting much. Of course, since it was recommended to me, I was expecting it to be readable. The end result was rather surprising.

The plot was a typical sabotage-and-prowler type. It's Nancy Drew-esque and
Steve
I wouldn't say that Hide in Plain Sight is exceptionally well-written, original, or riveting, but I loved it all the same. I found it to be interesting, entertaining, and heart-warming enough that it was perfect for a casual read.

I think I enjoyed this book in large part because of the religious and family unity aspects of the story. The notion of a family and a community banding together to help each other in the midst of trials gave the story a feel-good aspect that I found to be refreshing.

Th
Teresia
Who is trying to sabotage the opening of the Bed & Breakfast, Three Sisters Inn, in the quaint Amish community? Who doesn't love a good mystery? One of the sisters, Rachel, was the vicitm of a hit and run. Sister, Andrea, while enroute to the hospital to see about Rachel had a car accicent. Or was it an accident? I am currently reading this novel and the suspensful plot will keep the reader turning the pages. There's mystery, romance budding on the horizon, and the setting is in the quaint A ...more
Susan
Another book I got free on my Kindle and finished reading is Hide in Plain Sight by Marta Perry. This book too is a Christian romance set in Amish country.

When Andrea's sister is injured Andrea returns to her early childhood home where her Grandmother and sister are in the process of opening an Inn.

Andrea, a business woman, intends to stay just long enough to see her sister recover, but soon finds herself and her family the victims of a serious of pranks and untimely accidents. Believing her G
Wendy
This is my second dip into Harlequin's Love Inspired line, and this book was miles better than A Very Special Delivery in pretty much every single way: story, characters, plot, writing. I do take exception to the title, though; nobody was really hiding, and the one reference to the title was récherché and not at all related to any of the story's themes.

The religious faith aspect of this book was much more subtlely done, to my delight. The setting is the heart of Lancaster County, PA (Amish coun
Greymalkin
Free Harlequin romance ebook. Basically this is a "what would a romance be if the woman was raised Amish"? Answer: boring. The peek into Amish life isn't any more than you can get from watching Witness, which was a MUCH more interesting suspense story. This one, I was like.... if you'd actually just tell the whole thing to one of four people, so much drama could have been avoided. Frustrating. A waste of time to read.
Carrie Daws
What a great story! Marta Perry did a fantastic job of casting doubt on several people and keeping you guessing on who the real culprit was. It wasn't until near the end that I was certain which characters were involved and to what extent. I enjoyed the contrast between the characters and the growth in the female lead as she drew closer to God and His heart, seeing things gradually more from His perspective.
Jessica
I was pleasantly surprised. I'm used to reading murder mysteries and rough humor but this feel good book was a nice change of pace. I was looking for some more books to download on my Kindle and this one was free so I took a chance with no real high expectations. I was absolutely wrong! This book was great.

This book takes place in Amish Pennsylvania. You have Andrea Hampton the financial expert from the big city looking to get her promotion at the company she works for. She is called home becaus
Jodie
Unable to leave her family during their time of need, Andrea leaves big city life and heads to Amish country to help her grandmother turn her old house into a bed and breakfast. But, when she arrives not only does she realize her grandmother's financial situation is worse than she thought, she also gets caught up in a series of life-threatening incidents.

This was one of the first books I downloaded in Kindle format and it was a freebie. Why it took me so long to read, I have no idea! I love anyt
Michelle
I decided to review these together since it is a series. However, I believe it would be okay to read them separately or out of order. I believe you can understand more of the back story if you read them in order, but I think they could easily be read on their own also and still be enjoyable.

Back in high school, I remember a librarian taking me around the library trying to help me find books I was interested in. I really hated reading when I was younger. I just couldn’t seem to find anything I li
Claudia
Someone out there is so afraid for the Bed and Breakfast Inn to open their doors that person will kill to get their point over. Andrea has no choice after her sister Rachel was in a hit and run accident to be at her sister side. But on her way to her sister Andrea is in a car accident herself that brings a man to her side to help her out the hole her car landed in. Cal turns out to be her Grams helper for the soon to be B and B Inn. In the mean time Andrea can’t wrap her mind around dropping her ...more
Nicola
In her rush to be by her sister's side after a hit and run accident Andrea herself becomes involved in a car accident. While she is not seriously injured, like her sister Rachel had been, this leaves her stuck at Grams without a way to return home. It also throws her into the arms of Cal, her Grams handyman and tenant. Solid, dependable Andrea finds herself face to face with the challenge of making her grandmother and sister make the responsible decision -- give up the idea of a B&B, sell th ...more
Alisa
You will really enjoy this if you enjoy Christian fiction.

Andrea meets Cal while she takes a break from her corporate job to visit her Grandmother and sister (Rachel) when Rachel has had an accident. She is opposed to her grandma's and sister's crazy idea to turn her grandma's mansion into a Bed and Breakfast. But when sinister stuff starts happening she finds herself staying around to help sort things out. Her priorities change the longer she is around Cal, too. Although they seem so different
Dorry Lou
I really enjoyed this book. It was about Andrea a city girl that has a hard time letting go of bad memories especially being called back to Amish country where a lot of them occurred.
Danger finds her there and she must have help from the carpenter living on the property, who has secrets from his own life. A book you want to keep reading.
Love2read
This is a cute story about a girl, Andrea, who is faced with the challenge to give up her career in order to be with her family. She struggles between the thought of helping her grandmother and sister and her powerful job in the city. Meanwhile she meets a nice guy named Cal who has a secret. Andrea is disturbed by some facts that have been happening in her community and tries to solve the mystery with the help of Cal. The two don't get along at first, but they become friends. Like I said, it's ...more
Paula
Andrea returns home after her sister has an accident and ends up in the hospital. Rachel, will be fine but Andrea's grandmother needs help to turn her home into a bed and breakfast. Andrea can't really spend the time, she has a job to get back to, but she feels guilty that there are things going on with her grandmother financially that she knew nothing about. Cal is renting a room in the converted tack room of the barn. He seems to know more about her family than Andrea does. Some strange things ...more
Karen
Down loaded this to my Kindle on a whim.

I enjoyed the book. I probably wouldn't have picked it up if it had been properly filed in a religious category. And while I get that religion plays a center role in the Amish Country side, the energy spent in this book having the characters commune with God and Finding their way back to Him could have been better spent on character development.

This book also wasn't terribly long. Simply expanding the book with character development wouldn't have hurt eit
Nikita (NjKinny's World of Books & Stuff)
Andrea Hampton has always been the "cool, conservative" and playing-safe sister unlike her other sibling Rachel who is "loving, caring" and not afraid to take chances. It is this streak in Rachel which has made her come up with this not so practical idea of converting their grandmother's house to a Bread and Breakfast. As if this is not stupid enough their grandmother is right in it and instead of talking "some sense into her" , she is going along with this idea.

Now Rachel is in hospital and i
Sara
If it wasn't for the intermittant "God, please show me the way" bits in this book, I think I would have liked it better. Not poorly written, has a decent theme, but I'm not much of a Christian literature fan and probably wouldn't have downloaded the book on my Kindle if I'd have known it was in here. The good news is that the bits about religion are relatively easy to ignore, and since the book also talks about Amish country, it doesn't seem TOO out of place.
Adam Shields
I am not usually into romance. But this was a free book from Amazon on the Kindle. On the plus side it is clearly a Christian fiction book that doesn't preach at you. It assumes some faith and goes from there. It is also an ok love story and slight mystery. On the negative, it is pretty predictable. But it was a quick read, it was a clean love story and it was free.
Dharia Scarab

4 sta
Hilary

Suspicious damage, a hit and run, and more than a couple of strange "accidents" cause Andrea to risk her job by taking a leave of absence to help her grandmother and sister to open a bed & breakfast in their old family home, and to risk her heart with Cal.

(view spoiler)
Hannah
Moderately good romantic suspense - I've certainly read worse!

Not a bad way to while away an hour or so, and as a bonus, it was a freebe download~
Anne

Great Christian love story with lots of suspense. I can't wait to read the rest in the series!
Sassapphras
Boring. And the Christian aspect in novels tends to make me gag.
Kandi
Ending was a little lame but loved it to that point!
Debra Meyer
It was ok but terribly predictable christian romance mystery with the uncle and his secretary who were the bad guys. So may christian romances are written with the same theme that I am starting to feel like I'm reading a Zane Grey type books, change the name and a few things but its the same old same old. Been trying to clean out the old kindles I had gotten free a number of yrs ago which is why I read another christian romance. Its what I was into back then but I've read enough over the past 4 ...more
Ruth
I overall enjoyed this book, though there were still problems. I agree with other reviewers that the characters weren't really anything special. I kinda liked the main character, and Cal was "just okay" by the end of the book (really disliked him at first) though he had little to no depth to him. He was trying to be your typical tortured hero who was trying to escape it all and make a better life etc, but the author didn't really develop that enough for it to work so well for me. Andrea had a li ...more
Love With The Lig...: Friday Excerpts from HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT 1 3 Dec 04, 2014 09:13PM
  • Homespun Bride (The McKaslin Clan Historical #2)
  • Stranded with a Spy (Code Name: Danger #11)
  • A Very Special Delivery
  • Once A Cowboy (The Cowboys, #3)
  • Crime Scene At Cardwell Ranch (Cardwell Ranch #1)
  • Dancing In The Moonlight (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #2)
  • Speed Dating (Harlequin NASCAR, #2)
  • When Night Falls
  • His Lady Mistress
  • Kiss Me Deadly (Bewitch the Dark #2)
  • Daughter of Joy (Brides of Culdee Creek #1)
  • A Time to Heal (Quilts of Lancaster County, #2)
  • Love Me If You Must (Patricia Amble, #1)
  • The Hunters
  • Snowbound
  • Baby Bonanza
  • The Christmas Quilt (Brides of Amish Country, #5)
  • When the Devil Whistles
81993
Marta Perry is a Pennsylvania-based author of over 35 novels, many of them inspirational romances. She uses her rural Pennsylvania life and her Pennsylvania Dutch heritage in writing her books, especially in her Pleasant Valley Amish series for Berkley Books and her new Amish-set suspense series for HQN Books.

Marta and her husband live in a centuries-old farmhouse in a quiet central Pennsylvania v
More about Marta Perry...

The Three Sisters Inn (4 books)
  • A Christmas to Die For (The Three Sisters Inn, #2)
  • Buried Sins (The Three Sisters Inn, #3)
  • Hide in Plain Sight and Buried Sins
Leah's Choice (Pleasant Valley, #1) Murder in Plain Sight (Amish Suspense, #1) Anna's Return (Pleasant Valley, #3) Rachel's Garden (Pleasant Valley, #2) Restless Hearts (The Flanagans, #6)