Start by marking “Miracle Girls, Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Miracle Girls, Vol. 1

Miracle Girls, Vol. 1 (Miracle Girls #1)

Identical twin Toni and Mika have a secret... they have psychic powers! They can communicate with each other telepathically, and when they're together, they can teleport. When tom-boy Toni switches places with brainy Mika, comic and romantic mishaps ensue. Mika's creepy science teacher, Mr. K., is onto their secret and follows them around with a camera trying to get proof.
Published October 1st 2003 by TokyoPop (first published July 2nd 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Miracle Girls, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miracle Girls, Vol. 1

Stevie
Aug 02, 2012 Stevie rated it really liked it
This review is for the entire series, spoiler-free.

This series was one of the first manga I ever bought, back when manga shelves in Borders and Barnes and Noble were only half a shelf, if that. It has taken me 9 years to complete my set and I am happy to report that as a fan of magical girl anime, this series doesn't disappoint.

The art style is a bit different from mainstream, popular magical girl shows but it's adorable and definitely does what it needs to do. I think my favorite part are the
Holly Letson
4.5*

I was recommended this anime series in the late 90s, and it wasn't till later, in the early 2000s, that I watched it. I loved it very much. So far, I am loving the manga as well.

Mika and Toni are twin sisters with a secret....they have ESP and can teleport with one another's help. Mika is a genius at school, and Toni is great at sports. For Sports Day, they switch. Toni does win the relay race for Mika. But, she also ends up letting Jackson (who Mika hates!) win her heart as well. How can
Tika
Nov 09, 2008 Tika rated it liked it
Shelves: komik
Suka deh sama komik satu ini, tamat 1-9.. si kembar yg punya kemampuan telepati n telekinesis (?? sepertinya, agak lupa hehe) n punya sepasang kalung yg jadi penyatu mereka.. cowo2nya juga ganteng2 n baik2..hehe.. bukan rahasia klo remaja putri pembaca setia komik mudah jatuh cinta pada tokoh cowo dlm komik :DDD
Destiny McGhee
Dec 18, 2012 Destiny McGhee rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore this comic series <3 It's a great story with great characters!
Soobie's heartbroken
I wanted to re-read this series since I love it so much when I was a kid. It was published in Italian between 1998 and 2000 on a magazine but I wanted to read it in Japanese-size book. The only available edition was the US Tokyopop one.

This was published in 2003 and US translation of manga were still adapting the names of the characters. I mean, in the anime version broadcast in Italy when I was a kid, the girls were called Terry & Maggie but in the manga they had their Japanese names, Tomom
Sarah Crawford
Jan 15, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
The story is about two identical twin girls, Mika and Toni. They have telepathic abilities, able to communicate with each other mentally over distances. Also, when they are together, they have the ability to teleport (although they don't always end up exactly where they wanted to.)

The first volume introduces the girls. The don't go to the same schools so the other students are unaware of their abilities. In the first story, Mika asks Toni to change places with her at her school for a few days. M
☆Tweety ☆
Jul 23, 2012 ☆Tweety ☆ rated it really liked it
When I was little I've watched the anime but I couldn't finish it so I decided to read the manga. I don't think the very first volumes are that great because the school-life part of the story is very usual. Mika and Toni are normal twins apparently, but they have the power to teleport and can hear each other's thoughts.
(view spoiler)
Miku
Jan 17, 2015 Miku rated it it was amazing
Miracle Girls was a light fun read with the identical twins being able to use psychic powers when they are together like teleportation. Toni and Mika also have different personalities and are opposite of each other. Mika excells in her study but cannot do any sport on the other hand Toni can do any sports but not good in her study. The story also revolves around the romance between the twins and their partner.

The art style is also very refreshing. I am surprised to fin out that this have an anim
Eden
Toni and Mika are identical twins, but that is as far as goes for these two being the same. Toni is an athlete, loves sports and is out going. Mika is shy, quiet and smart. But when they are together, they have a psychic power they both can use. No one knows about it, but for how long?

To be honest, I wasn't really liking it at first. I didn't think the story started out too great, but as it went on, it definitely did get better. Mika and Toni are interesting characters. I'm going to read the oth
Starbubbles
May 05, 2010 Starbubbles rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
strangly boring. it was like reading sister sister with tia and tamera having psychic powers. but that might have been done better. but the whole switching places and falling for the guys, very typical senerio for twin plots. good thing it was a dollar, i would have been sad if i paid ten for this.
duniamimpigie Anggi
Yaampun, baca ulang buku yang pernah dibaca masa kecil tuh kesannya... beda. Sekarang dalam sekejap saya langsung suka si Noda, padahal dulu mah agak-agak sebel gitu dan lebih suka si Senpai. Tokoh favorit saya sekarang jadi si Tomomi, padahal dulu--kalau gak salah--lebih suka Mikage dibanding dia.

Saya akan menunggu jilid 2-nya <3
Emilya Kusnaidi
It was the time when Nami Akimoto still draws cute story about siblings instead of horny teenager. Miracle Girls has always been my favourite. And it's kinda nostalgic when I read it 15 years later. I wish the manga was longer. But the anime version is still better and merrier.
Guguk
Jan 28, 2016 Guguk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gambar : 4 bintang...manis~ ^__^
Cerita : 4 bintang...aku suka cerita anak kembar (^..^) apalagi ini punya kekuatan super~
Yang lebih sukanya lagi, di antara mereka berdua ga ada acara rebutan cowok dsb (^皿^)
Agnes Budianto
Jan 12, 2016 Agnes Budianto rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: punya-sendiri
Ceritanya lucu dengan tema yang mungkin "biasa-biasa" aja tapi ditambahi bubuk-bubuk magic .
Stella Fiona
Sep 28, 2008 Stella Fiona rated it really liked it
My all time favorite manga !!!

Cerita anak kembar yang punya kemampuan teleportasi dan sejenisnya .. menyenangkan untuk dibaca ^.^
sandra
Oct 09, 2007 sandra rated it it was amazing
Good story...about twin sister have a power.....happy, sad, helping each other, funny and always loyal with their boyfriend.
Jessica Echols
Jessica Echols rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2015
Essi
Essi rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2013
Sujata
Sujata rated it it was amazing
Oct 21, 2015
Vincy
Vincy rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2011
Siti  Mukarramah
Siti Mukarramah rated it did not like it
Jul 24, 2013
Bethany
Bethany rated it it was ok
Mar 25, 2010
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2013
Yukino
Yukino rated it really liked it
May 17, 2012
Helenn
Helenn rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2007
Al Munadiyah
Al Munadiyah rated it it was ok
Dec 26, 2015
Юля Садофьева
Юля Садофьева rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2015
V
V rated it it was ok
Jun 06, 2014
Laura rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2012
Tika
Tika rated it liked it
May 12, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • I.N.V.U., Volume 2
  • Kodocha: Sana's Stage, Vol. 10
  • Salad Days, Vol. 1 (Salad Days, #1)
  • Saint Tail, Vol. 1
  • Zodiac P.I., Vol. 3 (Zodiac P.I., #3)
  • Instant Teen: Just Add Nuts, Vol. 01
  • Snow Drop, Volume 1
  • Forbidden Dance, Vol. 1
name in native language: 秋元奈美
Blood type: O

Loves traveling to places like Paris, or Italy. Especially if they have museums there, because she likes to draw them in her manga. She also has a younger sister, who sometimes comes along on her adventurous exploits.
Loves foreign tea, especially from London.
More about Nami Akimoto...

Miracle Girls (9 books)