Start by marking “The Rough Guide to Vietnam” as Want to Read:
The Rough Guide to Vietnam

The Rough Guide to Vietnam

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  5 reviews
From the rugged mountains to the west to the South China sea to the east, this guide features some of the best hotels in Vietnam, Vietnam restaurants, stylish Vietnamese bars, cafes, clubs and shops across different price ranges.
Published October 19th 2009 by Rough Guides (first published December 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Rough Guide to Vietnam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rough Guide to Vietnam

Generally pretty good. No major oversights or errors and it got us through Vietnam fairly hassle-free.
Chris R.
Not a very useful guide. I found the city maps to be particularly confusing. More emphasis on higher end travel than expected. Not sure how they chose which guesthouses, restaurants, tour providers, etc to include and which to omit, but in my experience they missed the mark several times. In this case, I would definitely recommend the Lonely Planet instead.
Günter Wahl
I knew from languagge lesson that there are six vocal altitudes for the vietnamese language, how high a word is spoken does implicate its meaning and also usually male and female have soprano and bass vocals, the meaning is.... imitation

Excatly I did not have the travel guide but the dictionary, not even a grammar at hand
I think Ive gone off Rough Guide travelling books. Presented information in a boring way and seem to have virtually no photos in thé book.
Dec 14, 2008 Maxwell rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: English speakers in Vietnam
While the blurb on the back says that "it just like having a local friend," it is not. But fits in your pocket and can really help you just by pointing at phrases. The phonetics are a bit troublesome too but is recommended.
Brian marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2015
Tom Moore
Tom Moore marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Viju Chellamuthu
Viju Chellamuthu marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
John added it
Jun 23, 2015
Fred Mccord
Fred Mccord is currently reading it
May 10, 2015
FMF marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Rough Guides is a leading publisher of travel and reference information, respected for their accurate, up-to-date content and informed contemporary writing.
More about Rough Guides...