United We Stand: How We Can Take Back Our Country

United We Stand: How We Can Take Back Our Country

3.23 of 5 stars 3.23  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A PLAN FOR THE 21ST CENTURY
Published August 24th 1992 by Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about United We Stand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about United We Stand

TJ Shelby
I'm left to only ponder helplessly just how different things could have been had Perot been given the shot to implement his ideas for change. We need a Perot today.
Peter
He was the only candidate to oppose NAFTA. What happened to the U.S. economy after that? The corporations got bigger, merged, increased their market shares, and streamlined their operations right into Mexico, Central America, China, Malaysia and India. What happened to those manufacturing jobs, those value added jobs that spawned so many other jobs, what happened to all the small businesses that couldn’t compete with the big box stores, the retail giants sourcing their products straight from the...more
Tony Beard
It was somewhat odd reading this book. I was only 8 during the 1992 election, and in it's aftermath, all I understood was that Ross Perot cost George Bush the election and ushered in a Democrat (which we were not happy about in my Rush Limbaugh-listening house).

Being older, I was curious to know what exactly it was about Ross Perot that captured nearly 20% of the popular vote in 1992. What about this businessman shifted the complexion of the election?

As it turns out, he had ideas. Now, I wouldn'...more
Russell
When I was 13, the 1992 election was in full swing and I was an avid TV watcher. Suddenly, all of CBS's programming had become Ross Perot infomercials where he explained things with pie charts. Well, I was good at school and this seemed like school so I paid attention. Later, I did some self-assigned homework. Namely, this book.

Inside it contained even more pie-charts and interesting tidbits like, "Did you know that for the price of the US Debt we could buy everyone west of the Mississippi a $10...more
Jackie Keating
I agreed with every point that Perot made except his position on Israel. Had I been alive and a voter in 1992 or 1996, I'd certainly have vote for him. This was a well thought out book with many great ideas for our country--it's a shame that he wasn't elected president.
Adam K.
Perot had some interesting ideas for reforming our spending and bringing down the deficit, and I wonder what he'd have to say about the country's current situation. There are points of agreement and disagreement throughout this book, which he anticipates and allows for. However, I couldn't get past his pro-choice views and had to put the book aside. When I hear the phrase "a woman's right to choose," I can only think about babies being killed. This depressed me to the point that I didn't care wh...more
James Pittman
Ross Perot's 1992 campaign manifesto and gripping political book gave every American a look at the future filled with great proposals and predictions of what would happen if the debt and spending were not brought under control.
Barbara
The political manifesto of Ross Perot for the Presidential Election of 1992.
William Tefteller
William Tefteller marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Patrick Wildemann
Patrick Wildemann marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Mark
Mark added it
Oct 13, 2013
Benjamin Walker
Benjamin Walker marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2013
Benjamin
Benjamin marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2013
Glenn
Glenn marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Gregg
Gregg added it
May 20, 2013
Phil
Phil marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2013
Travis
Travis added it
Jan 21, 2013
Charles E
Charles E marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2012
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
19779
American businessman, who is best known for running for President in 1992 and 1996.

In 1992 Perot got 19% of the votes, which is the most what an independent candidate ever received.

In 2008 Perot spoke out against John McCain as presidential candidate and supported Mitt Romney instead.

More about H. Ross Perot...
My Life & the Principles for Success Ross Perot: My Life Ross Perot Speaks Out: Straight Talking Answers to Today's Tough Questions Intensive Care Ross Perot