Start by marking “Das Große Buch Von Weihrauch, Aromaölen Und Magischen Rezepturen” as Want to Read:
Das Große Buch Von Weihrauch, Aromaölen Und Magischen Rezepturen

Das Große Buch Von Weihrauch, Aromaölen Und Magischen Rezepturen

4.3  ·  Rating Details ·  3,828 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
One of the secrets of real magic is that it is controlled by the mind. The more things in your ritual to help your mind associate with your goal, the more powerful your ritual may be. Colored candles, scented oils, natural incenses, and more all add to the impact of the magic you wish to do.
But how do you know which incense to burn? Is it possible to add scented oils toge
Published (first published September 1st 1986)

Be the first to ask a question about Das Große Buch Von Weihrauch, Aromaölen Und Magischen Rezepturen

Dave/Maggie Bean
I seldom review books of this sort, but in this case, I'm compelled to give credit where it's due.
Hocus-pocus aside, many of these concoctions are actually quite pleasantly scented. A sufficiently entrepreneurial individual could use the information to supplement his/her income via cottage industry; hawking "Organic AirWick," (if you will), at craft shows, love-ins, and outpatient rehab clinics.

("Bean, radish, and sprout salad *again*? Aww, jeez! Guess we'd better burn a few of these -- and ope
Keshia
Jan 23, 2011 Keshia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More than just Incense, Oils, & Brews, this book gives the beginner a great foray into the art of aromatherapy, soaps, and sachets. This book is a quick read with more than enough recipes to blend incense, oil, and much more with purpose and intent. Although very informative, ultimately this will wind up on your shelf as a handy reference guide.
Jo M
May 28, 2009 Jo M rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pagan, non-fiction
An excellent resource. But I've found that that is all that this book is: a quick reference. While I enjoy having that at hand I would have rather seen Cunningham dive a bit deeper into the meaning, symbolism, and history of some of the incense/oil combination he provides.
David S
Jul 10, 2012 David S rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cunningham gave me the start I needed to begin to understand how to channel energy with herbs and scent. This book is a primer without being too elementary. I highly recommend this book to those whose craft is amplified through scent.
Charity Bedell
The complete book of Incense, Oils, & Brews is a wonderful guide to working with these practices. Like many of his other texts the author Scott Cunningham created a very useful and effective resource for working many different types of magical spells and rituals. This text works great in companion with his Aromatherapy book and his two Herbal Magic books-Herbal Magic and his Magical Herbal encyclopedia or it can be used effectively on its own as its own resource. The text provides a comprehe ...more
Letitia
Oct 05, 2014 Letitia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: occult
Finally purchased this book today, and I'm so glad I did.
An invaluable reference book for working with herbs to mix incense, potions and ritual baths.
Will surely be a very well used addition to my occult bookshelf.
Gene Brickman
Feb 16, 2014 Gene Brickman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He gives get recipes in this book about oils and incense. I like how Scott writes as a casual guy and straight forward with you. He does not try to flower or impress you. Just a friend who is sharing his technique.
Nick Hendry
Mar 19, 2017 Nick Hendry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned
Great little book for any Witch or magical practioner to have in their library. Filled with many recipes to make your own oil or incense for many occasions and or spells.
Mina MacGabhann
Feb 22, 2017 Mina MacGabhann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-buy
This was a quick read, since its mostly recipes.

Excellent balance of how to and ingredients. I love that substitutions are listed for the hard to find/toxic herbs.

I will definitely be buying this book, and making my own soaps and incenses.
Penny
Feb 21, 2017 Penny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great, resource book to have on the shelf.
Astral
Feb 26, 2014 Astral rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This text paired with "Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs" has everything to get you started on a path of natural magic (Well, besides the herbs). It is filled with numerous recipes ranging from love tinctures, astral projection incenses, dream teas, protection sachets and everything in between. While there is a wealth of information to be found in the recipes, the most use one will get from this book is from the tables of substitutions and correspondences at the end of the book. Even if ...more
Stephanie
May 05, 2013 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pagan-wicca
This book is such a great resource. It's got so many recipes for not only incense, oils and brews but also things like bath products, tinctures, inks, powders and more. It does a great job of explaining the basics of pagan herbalism. The only thing I don't like about it is some of the recipes contain toxic herbs like hemlock, belladonna, mistletoe, etc. in an incense or other blend which can be dangerous. To his credit he does put asterisks (*) next to the toxic herbs but I still feel those reci ...more
Brad
Jun 27, 2008 Brad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The copy of this book in our house actually belongs to my partner, Maple.... he is the incense maker of the house. This book have proven to be the wonderful guide and set of instructions for us!

Maple now makes all the incense we use in circle and to date has made a sabbat blend, prosperity blend, house cleansing blend, and more!

Cunningham.......... a timeless hero!
Pamela
Jun 29, 2007 Pamela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my absolute favorite witchy ingredient reference book. When I do spellwork, I pick and choose between many different sources, but I always go to Cunningham's first. This book provides recipes for oils, incense, potions, and so much more, along with appendices full of correspondences and information. This is a GREAT resource.
Juli Anna
Jan 03, 2016 Juli Anna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: diy, spirit
As a practical guide for DIY incense and magical herbalism, this book does the job. I am not Wiccan, so much of the info here is a little whimsical for me, but the how-to stuff is great. This is definitely inspiring me to create my own burnables and incense as well as to look into the symbolic and spiritual qualities of herbs, rather than just their medicinal qualities
Pagan Hare
The reason for the long reading period is, well, you don't stop reading this kind if book. it's a reference book. Even though I have put an end date I'll be picking this book when ever time I need information on how to create a particular incense, brew etc. it's a brilliant book and like all of Scott's books, is one I'd highly recommend to anyone!
Aaron Meyer
Jan 10, 2014 Aaron Meyer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: occult
I got to admit I have a soft spot in my heart for this book. Some of the recipes are pretty good and the tables help out in whipping up something that you need if you can't find it already laid out in the book.
Cecily
Apr 30, 2014 Cecily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great resource for herbal recipes and correspondences. A few downsides were his repetitiveness around not using synthetics and his slight Wiccan superiority complex. Still a must have for those interested in simple herbal magic.
Yvonne
Jan 28, 2017 Yvonne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent resource for anyone wanting to explore the world of making and working with incense, essential oils, tinctures and so forth. Great for the advanced and beginner. As always, I love Scott Cunningham's work!
Gaile
Nov 28, 2015 Gaile rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
This includes an explanation of magic, what oils, incense and brews are used for, followed by recipes divided into each category. All are used in Wiccan magic to heal, as a cure for depression and many other magic portions. Good for the followers of the Wican Religion.
Moth
Jan 28, 2014 Moth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the organization of a Scott Cunningham book. The information is endless and a good base to have for your own workings to expand. Use this book in combination with the Encyclopedia of Magickal Herbs and the Encyclopedia of Crystals and Metals for any spell work. Very satisfying.
Patricia
May 02, 2009 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
The complete Incense, etc. is a more recent read (4 years ago). It offers a thorough guide to making your life better through aromatherapy, gifts of perfume oils, and home remedies alluded to the in Cunningham's herb encyclopedia.
Vanessa
Jul 29, 2008 Vanessa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wicca
My go-to book for all of my spell-casting.
Beverly Beltz
Aug 03, 2016 Beverly Beltz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book!
Sophie Cooke
Nov 16, 2012 Sophie Cooke rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Very good, endless recipies. Would have liked more about the relevance of recipies.
Penelope
Aug 24, 2011 Penelope rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pagan-books
This has got pretty much every recipe for incense, oils, etc. that you'd ever want so this is a definite resource must-have, if anything.
Padhopper
Dec 01, 2011 Padhopper rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great reference book, you will find yourself returning to it frequently.
Cora
Apr 30, 2012 Cora rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Admittedly my go to book when formulating magickal "potions and brews" as well as some delicious smelling oil blends. Very happy to have this book in my library. A keeper, for sure!
Tammy
Jul 10, 2013 Tammy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirituality
A handy reference that I frequently refer to.
Andy Lawless
Great beginner reference book on the art of aromatherapy, soaps, and sachets by Cunningham
Book Witches: * The Complete Book of Incense, Oils & Brews: NOVEMBER 2016 BOOK 16 14 Dec 27, 2016 11:32AM
Goodreads Librari...: Missing Edition 1 18 Apr 21, 2012 10:39PM
  • Practical Candleburning Rituals: Spells and Rituals for Every Purpose (Llewellyn's Practical Magick Series)
  • To Stir a Magick Cauldron: Witch's Guide to Casting and Conjuring (RavenWolf to)
  • The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells: The Ultimate Reference Book for the Magical Arts
  • Grimoire for the Green Witch: A Complete Book of Shadows
  • Moon Magick: Myth & Magic, Crafts & Recipes, Rituals & Spells
  • The Inner Temple of Witchcraft: Magick, Meditation and Psychic Development (Temple of Witchcraft, #1)
  • Sabbats: A Witch's Approach to Living the Old Ways
  • Garden Witchery: Magick from the Ground Up
  • Everyday Magic: Spells & Rituals for Modern Living
  • The Witches' God
  • A Witch Alone: Thirteen Moons to Master Natural Magic
  • The Encyclopedia of Magickal Ingredients: A Wiccan Guide to Spellcasting
  • Candlemas: Feast of Flames
  • The Wicca Spellbook: A Witch's Collection of Wiccan Spells, Potions, and Recipes
Scott Douglas Cunningham was the author of dozens of popular books on Wicca and various other alternative religious subjects. Today the name Cunningham is synonymous with natural magic and the magical community. He is recognized today as one of the most influential and revolutionary authors in the field of natural magic.

Scott Cunningham was born at the William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michi
More about Scott Cunningham...