Start by marking “20,000 Secrets of Tea: The Most Effective Ways to Benefit from Nature's Healing Herbs” as Want to Read:

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  268 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Fight Colds and Flu
Lower Cholesterol
Beat Depression
Banish Fatigue
Enhance Memory
Lose Weight
And More!

An ancient Chinese legend: Once there was a man who knew 100,000 healing properties of herbs. He taught his son 80,000 secrets. On his deathbed, he told his son to visit his grave in five years, and there he would find the other 20,000 secrets. When the son went to his
Published December 23rd 2009 by Dell (first published October 6th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about 20,000 Secrets of Tea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 20,000 Secrets of Tea

Anthony Chavez
Victoria Zak's book is decent. It includes herbal tea history, remedies, directions on making your own teas, lists of herbs and some ailments said herbs help. Zak lists herbs with cautions as well as parts of plant to use in making tea along with historical facts about many herbs. Recipes and quotes make this book an interesting read, and educational reference to your herbal tea library; however, some of the stuff in the book does seem improvised and self opinion.
Brittannia
After reading many Agatha Christie novels, I began to have a growing interest in herbology. What better way to learn about herbs than through herbal tea? I was surprised to learn about nature's incredible healing properties. For example, the dandelion is an antidote to poison. No WONDER they grow like weeds everywhere! Such an insightful book. My one complaint is the lack of research to back up general statements about history.
Marie Finnegan
This is an excellent book for anyone with an interest in using tea for good health. It has a great reference section so you can find which teas treat specific ailments, or look up more info on a specific tea. A must have for any tea lover!!
Michele
The author provides good, common sense tips on how to use herbal teas to help alleviate, and potentially cure, common health issues. There are 20 pages of health issues with the herbs to use to combat each issue and 150+ pages dedicated to each specific herb. I am sure the information in this book is available on the internet; however, I love actually having a book that I can pick up to look for exactly the ailment I am experiencing. Personally, and I’m sure I’m not alone, when I search for some ...more
Katherine
A quaint little reference to healing teas. I brought this one to college and it was a great source of knowledge for me. It's a tea encyclopedia, focusing mostly on the medicinal properties of herbal teas on humans. It's not too in-depth, and I'll usually cross reference when I use it, but it gets the information across.
Irvina
Good resource to have on hand... though a little dated.
Gary
Despite the title (and the reference to a tea bush on the back cover), this 220-page book has about 5 pages of information about tea (the camellia sinensis. All of the rest is unsubstantiated medical claims about various and sundry herbs.

If you're looking for information about tea, this is not your book. If you're looking for old wives' tales about medicinal herbs, perhaps it is.

See my full review on my blog.
Jamie
A handy little guide.
Ty
ancient chinese secret!! boston tea party! lame as heck intro & history. but it's a decent, portable resource & encyclopedia of different herbs used as teas. and it's also a decent intro for a no-nothing like myself. now i'm drinking chamomile and it zonks me out and yerba mate and it hypes me up, and i ordered some black cohosh and elder berries which hopefully will destroy all my constant dull aching pains.
Heather
Amazing, and includes a lot of illness and ailments and the teas to help with those ailments. I use it as a reference guide all the time when I need certain things that do not require a doctors visit (i.e. ways to lessen a migraine, ways to lessen a sore throat, insomina remedies)
Jess
A great introduction to herbal teas - covers the history of herbal tea brewing, the practice, includes many herbal tea recipes, and provides a cursory overview of many herbs. If I could improve anything, I would expand the herb section. I found it a bit skimpy.
Tawnee
I honestly use this book on a semi-daily basis for blending my own teas; the index of health issues is extremely in-depth ("nicotine withdrawal," "moodiness," "hot flashes"), and the profiles for each herb are conversational and easy to read.
Meg
It's one of those books I totally should have read before I started self medicating with herbs. Whoops. Good read, though. Lots of good info.
Deanna
Good place for an herbal newbie (like me) to begin, but lacks depth. Writing style feels fluffy rather than authoritative.
Valerie
I like this book and use it often to get the best use of my many herbal teas. I just recommended it to a friend.
Valerie
A friend lent this to me - definitely inspiration to drink more tea! I may pick up a copy of my own.
Autumn Shuler
I'm going to use this book to begin creating my own tea blends. Informative without being overwhelming.
Tessie
Wonderfully informative book. Well researched and a great reference to have for my next ailment.
Christina
an easy read, very informative and well organized. a super choice for the beginning herbalist
Ruhegeist
very informative and easy to read. well laid out information making it easily accessible.
Lisa
a very interesting look at the healing benefits of tea...i learned a lot from this book!
Meghan
Interesting, but lacking in evidence and rather outdated.
Mary
Mar 07, 2010 Mary is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Wow - everything you need to know about healing yourself and over-all good health through the use of herbal teas. Love this book!! Getting myself some new teas tomorrow.
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
May 20, 2015
Sushant Bijlani
Sushant Bijlani is currently reading it
May 19, 2015
Chrissy
Chrissy marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
  • Organic Body Care Recipes
  • The Harney & Sons Guide to Tea
  • The Tea Companion
  • The Story of Tea: A Cultural History and Drinking Guide
  • Rodale's Illustrated Encyclopedia of Herbs
  • Herbal Healing for Women
  • Healing Spices: How to Use 50 Everyday and Exotic Spices to Boost Health and Beat Disease
  • The Healing Herbs: The Ultimate Guide To The Curative Power Of Nature's Medicines
  • The Yoga of Herbs: An Ayurvedic Guide to Herbal Medicine
  • The Herbal Medicine-Maker's Handbook: A Home Manual
  • The New Whole Foods Encyclopedia: A Comprehensive Resource for Healthy Eating
  • The Great Cholesterol Myth Cookbook: Recipes and Meal Plans That Prevent Heart Disease--Naturally
  • UC Prescription for Herbal Healing: An Easy-to-Use A-Z Reference to Hundreds of Common Disorders andTheir Herbal Remedies
  • Sacred Plant Medicine: The Wisdom in Native American Herbalism
  • The Complete Medicinal Herbal
  • Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine
  • The True History of Tea
  • Cooking the Whole Foods Way: Your Complete, Everyday Guide to Healthy, Delicious Eating with 500 Recipes, Menus, Meal Planning, Techniques, Buying
The Magic Teaspoon Highland Storm (Guardians of Scotland Series, Book 2) The Fat to Muscle Diet Highland Storm (Guardians of Scotland) (Volume 2) Çayın 20.000 Sırrı