Start by marking “La Casa Mágica: Fortalezca Su Hogar Con Amor, Salud y Felicidad” as Want to Read:
La Casa Mágica: Fortalezca Su Hogar Con Amor, Salud y Felicidad

La Casa Mágica: Fortalezca Su Hogar Con Amor, Salud y Felicidad

4.08  ·  Rating Details ·  1,889 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
Los autores presentan en esta obra un verdadero compendio de costumbres y tradiciones provenientes de Europa, China, Hawai y otras partes del mundo para crear en su hogar una magia positiva en beneficio de usted y los suyos.

Descubra como reubicando sus muebles y cuadros, abriendo puertas y ventanas y agregando plantas y espejos, usted podra influenciar las energias positiv
Paperback, 1st edition, 224 pages
Published September 8th 2000 by Llewellyn Español (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about La Casa Mágica, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about La Casa Mágica

Katje van Loon
Sep 26, 2011 Katje van Loon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: hearthwitches looking for a starting point
Shelves: owned, witchcraft
I feel "Spells and Rituals" is a bit of a misnomer here. The book is a collection of folk magic for the home -- some spells and rituals are listed, but not many (my definition of ritual here is the more ceremonial magic inspired type, not the small little things we do everyday -- your mileage may vary).

I would have called it Spells and Recipes for a Happy Household. Cunningham packs this book full of things you can do to ensure peace and wellbeing in your house, as well as a chapter on portents
Julie Decker
With suggestions for how to bless, decorate, and magically involve every room and area of your house, Scott Cunningham's book helps magical people live a magical existence. There are ideas for outdoors as well as indoors, and though some might be a bit impractical, there is some useful philosophy in here (like why it's useful to cover a television when it's not being used, so passive entertainment isn't always focused upon as the major draw of family togetherness time). That said, I was living i ...more
Ryan Williams
Apr 03, 2012 Ryan Williams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very good depiction of the different parts of the household and what the magical meaning was. The book was chock full of interesting tidbits from Pagan, Judeo-Christian, Eastern religions and more.

I liked that the book was set up with each area as a chapter and then it moved through the different magical lore about that specific area. There were, different magical associations and spells within each chapter. The gardening chapter was especially helpful.

Overall a great Pagan read.
Rawannie
Granted, this relatively quick read doesn't include much on full-blown rituals or spells, so if that's what you're wanting in a book, this probably isn't the one for you. What Cunningham and Harrington offer in these pages, however, is a collection of folklore/old ways that can inspire more creative spell working and talisman conjuring in the modern witchy household. Personally, I love learning about the folklore and traditions of the world and this alone has made The Magical Household one of my ...more
Erik Akre
Mar 26, 2016 Erik Akre rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: maybe patient Wiccan people
Shelves: wicca
I just can't buy into this book. It's a series of charms and spells that can enhance home life... I assume these have been gathered from the author's experience and research, or just made up? No indication is made. In any case, perhaps they would be useful if applied with the appropriate power, but I looked through the entire book and ended up feeling drained, lacking power. It is TMI, and none of it gripping when placed unceremoniously among everything else.

There are no sources cited (as with o
Lorenia L. Lemas
I had read this book a few years ago, walked away from the idea of spells and blessings. Have decided to walk back to it and read it again. I feel I can use this in real life and be happy. The book has basic spells and ideas to give you a magical home and garden. I recommend it for people starting out, good tips and ideas!
Bonnie
Jun 25, 2010 Bonnie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pagan-wiccan
After having been a fan of the great Scott Cunningham for a few years I had to have this book. I bought it for my mother who was moving at the time. We both read it and were very interested in the use of folklore and history used in this book. For such a small book it stil makes for an excellent read.
Trista Carter
May 10, 2013 Trista Carter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even though I am not big on "spell books" (magick to me is personal, not publishable) this has some great folk magick and information in it. Would not expect any less from Scott Cunningham.
Juli Anna
Sep 18, 2016 Juli Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spirit
This is an excellent introduction to magickal homekeeping.It combines spellcraft and practical seasonal cleaning advice along with all kinds of fun "superstitious" lore and symbolism. I took tons of notes and feel energized to try out some of the easier tips in this book right away. I also really appreciated Cunningham's open, New-Agey approach as opposed to the hardcore reconstructionism in To Walk a Pagan Path: Practical Spirituality for Every Day. This book gives options for including true de ...more
Awallens
Aug 18, 2009 Awallens rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recognize and celebrate the magic of life with timeless rites and spells. Create a magical household—a haven of harmony, safety, spirituality, security,
and romance. The benefits include a happier existence, protection against thieves, improved health, restful sleep, satisfying spiritual experiences, and
a perfect environment for positive magic. This warm and wise guide by much loved author Scott Cunningham has been helping people create sacred space in
their homes and gardens for nearly twenty yea
Ashley
Jun 23, 2013 Ashley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't actually read the whole book. Read several chapters in full, including the Preface and Intro which were sadly the best parts I could find.

Cunningham and Harrington create a typical image of a magical person and the way they live. That's not to say it's wrong, but I wasn't looking for stereotypical ideals or descriptions.

While written well, and helpful in some ways, I wouldn't say that this a book of 'Spells and Rituals.' It's a book of folk lore, old wives tales, and other folk tradit
Molly
Feb 23, 2013 Molly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I guess the only reason I took so long to read this book is that I don't recall ever seeing it in a local bookshop and I rarely buy by mail/online. I got this (along with quite a few of the other books on my waiting list) with a prize gift certificate to Pentacle Press. So here we are, reading Cunningham like back in the day. lol So forgive this review of it's nostalgia and a bit of eye-rolling.

First, I'd forgotten how much Cunningham likes to give introductions. This book has a preface, and int
Feb 15, 2014 Laura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i believe 100% in the power of the placebo effect, so i'd say in that respect i can get behind certain magic spells and rituals (meaning, i believe there is real power in the power of belief). i was a little disappointed that this didn't contain much in the way of spell and ritual origins; more background and history would have been a nice addition. i did discover some simple ideas i like quite a bit, however.
Monica
Scott Cunningham was truly a beautiful being!!! I will always remember and cherish his dedication to the craft, to the Wiccan Rede, to Harm None, to the beauty of life, and celebration, even in his passing. This is my favorite of his works! It is the book that helped me to consciously create A Magical Household of my own!!! Blessed Be!
Andrea
Jun 03, 2015 Andrea rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I like Scott Cunningham. I did not like this book. The information in the book is all jammed together with no clear way to reference it individually. If you wanted a general book of ideas this might be helpful but finding a particular idea that is is one sentence on a whole page isn't helpful for me.
Brandy
This book is jam packed with excellent information. The only reason I've given it just 3 stars is because of the organizational style. Cunningham has so much information to impart on so many varied subjects that everything gets loosley lumped into chapters, and from there it is like reading a series of tips, or talking to my rambling granny every thrid Saturday and trying to keep the conversations cohesive. One or two short sentences on each topic, then onto the next!

I'm going to have to read it
Nikki
Aug 11, 2015 Nikki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So interesting!!
Loved the section on furniture placement and all the things to do with brooms!
Even some natural cleaning methods and making the house smell like yummy herbs that also keep pests and bad vibes away.
Salem with love throwing salt around the house too haha
Can't wait to have a garden though! That section was awesome.
Eli
This is a light-hearted and joyful book, written before readers of Pagan books cared about pesky things like credentials and references.

But it reads like Cunningham and Harrington just copied their Books of Shadows into the word processor and called it a book. Despite being organized into sections on "The Garage", "The Bedroom", "Altars", etc., it's more like an abridged encyclopedia than any sort of coherent guide to household magic. Correspondences and spells are listed without indication of w
Cory
Apr 15, 2014 Cory rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
It's easy to tell, reading this, how Cunningham is the authority that he is today. The only thing that really bugs me is the general statements without a shred of evidence given in the text (there is a reference list at the end, but the links aren't clear). I think that's more a fault of the time and style in which the book was written.
Lesley Miller
Jun 16, 2015 Lesley Miller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Looking for a great introduction to house magic and lore? Then this is the book for you. It covers a variety of topics regarding the home, including how to bless and protect it. I found the different customs interesting and learned some new customs I will impliment in my home. This is a great introduction and not complicated magic. The few spells and rituals included are easy to perform, making it great for beginners and experienced witches. Highly recommend!
Katie
Mar 19, 2016 Katie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Missing Chapters 15-19 in the book. Would get a higher rating if I knew what I was missing. This is really disappointing. Seriously.
Mary Ann
Jun 24, 2015 Mary Ann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hundreds of spells and ideas to make the home magical and to solve household problems of negative energy. A truely magical book and highly recommended.
Tasha Thibodeau
Aug 20, 2016 Tasha Thibodeau rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. I purchased this long before I had a house of my own but I knew it would be invaluable when I got older (I bought this as a teen still living with my parents). Now that I have a home of my own, I often take out this book and find myself doing little blessings and reading up on folklore contained in its pages. I love using this book as a tool to make my home a magical household.
This is quick read and is in no way going to make take you to a deeper level in your faith
Jodine Linnéa
Just a collection of different folk lore or superstitions, nor really that much useful information.
Mary
Jan 13, 2015 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a re-read. Very interesting, filled with folklore and magical information.
Colleen
I moseyed my way through this book over the last few months. Some of it the information presented has been helpful to my practice, so it's been good to page through it now and again, but it's a bit dry. It has very little discussion about household magick, which would be useful and interesting to me. Instead it spent most of the time reading like this: "...and to weave this type of magick in your home, you could do this, or this, or this..."
Swankivy
Nov 09, 2007 Swankivy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I found this book kinda disappointing and I'm not sure why. It gave a lot of good suggestions for "magical" ideas for the household, but it wasn't interesting to read and it kind of assumed too much about your home (like, that it probably has a fireplace, cellar, et cetera; in other words, it assumes you DON'T live in a one-room apartment). I didn't take much away from this that I could actually use.
Babs
Jul 27, 2016 Babs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every so often you come across a book that gives you an "aha" moment... and Cunningham's books always do. His was the first book I read to learn more about Wicca... and this book took me to a new level. There were so many great bits of information contained in this well written and wonderfully put together book.
Michelle
Generally I think this book is helpful. I feel like Scott Cunningham books tend to only skim the surface (which upsets me a little, as I feel he has more to offer than that). If you want to "witch-up" your house though, this book contains valuable charms, and lore (which I found the most fascinating).
Rey Walker
Dec 16, 2012 Rey Walker rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history
I enjoyed the historical information of some superstitions and actions I've heard about but did not know where/how they originated. For example, my grandmother kept a horseshoe above the door because she said it was lucky. I have done the same but never knew why it's considered lucky. Know I do.
Preference 1 10 Apr 07, 2008 04:14PM
  • A Witch Alone: Thirteen Moons to Master Natural Magic
  • Candlemas: Feast of Flames
  • Power of the Witch
  • The Witches' God
  • Witch's Halloween: A Complete Guide to the Magick, Incantations, Recipes, Spells, and Lore
  • The Encyclopedia of Witches and Witchcraft
  • Circle Round: Raising Children in Goddess Traditions
  • Maiden, Mother, Crone: The Myth & Reality of the Triple Goddess
  • The Witch's Shield: Protection Magick and Psychic Self-Defense
  • Witch Crafting: A Spiritual Guide to Making Magic
  • The Encyclopedia of Magickal Ingredients: A Wiccan Guide to Spellcasting
Scott Douglas Cunningham was the author of dozens of popular books on Wicca and various other alternative religious subjects. Today the name Cunningham is synonymous with natural magic and the magical community. He is recognized today as one of the most influential and revolutionary authors in the field of natural magic.

Scott Cunningham was born at the William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michi
More about Scott Cunningham...