The Damned (Vampire Huntress Legend, #6)

The Damned (Vampire Huntress Legend #6)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  1,501 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Lilith, the consort of the Unnamed One, has released the Damned, tortured souls from all levels of Hell, to walk the streets as the living dead. A dark chaos leaks onto Earth, taking the form of a deadly contagion that not even the Neteru team can handle. One touch from these deadly creatures infects a human, driving him to madness, death…and worse.

This time, Damali Richar...more
Published January 24th 2006 by St. Martin's Griffin

Tiffiane
It takes alot for me to rate a book less than average. I've never skimmed a book before in my life, yet I did that very thing for the majority of this book.

I was severely disappointed in this book mainly because I had grown to really love this series and the characters. At the end of book five with The Chairman & Lilith running rampant, I figured book 6 would be a slam dunk of non stop action and demon/vampire butt kicking.

Instead, it was a 500 page mess of he said-she said, nothing but bi...more
Heather
Although this isn't a series that I would necessary recommend to anyone because it has a slow start and it's own unique style, I do enjoy it. After 6 books I've become very invested in the characters and interested in what comes next for them. Each book is another giant battle of Good vs. Evil and I love the suspense, build-up, and climax that comes with that. I look forward to the next one, hope I can read it soon!
Crystal
This one made me so mad at the characters!!! I was so tired of all of their pouting and bitching. But all was redeemed in the end. Still enjoying this series.
Adrienna
It has been a long time since I got back into the series for various reasons but so far, this book is way too wordy...way too much going on within the first 150+ pages...and seems to be all over the place in comparison to previous series from my memory.

The part so far I liked about this book, page 170, about Carlos lacking faith, hope in the wrong things, and love his anchor to hold it all together (strongest of the three: faith, hope, and love; which the book calls the trinity). Sadly, I forgot...more
Chasity
I am such a huge fan of L.A. Banks and all of her books, her writing is amazing. She creates such an amazingly dark paranormal world. ‘The Damned’ is the sixth book in the Vampire Huntress Legend novels and I am hooked. Carlos and Damali are such fierce characters that have been to hell and back, literally, in these books and yet somehow in the sixth installment the story is still fresh and entertaining.
I just think the details and descriptions in this book were phenomenal, I can clearly see eve...more
Dallas
Mzpastrychef
You have to give this series a chance..yes there is some hip hop language but this saga of books takes you on a journey. It brings in elements of good and evil, heaven and hell, God and the devil.. There are characters such as cain & abel, adam & eve and so on... Give this series a chance before you just say forget it...in the end it will be worth it..check out all 12 or 13 novels!!!!
Katrina (Kindred Dreamheart)
This was by far the darkest hour in the series. But I still give it a 5 star because it evoked an emotion.......FRUSTRATION is an emotion. This one was full of sooooo much DRAMA it makes you want to stop reading or skim read it. Stick it out. Things get better and more interesting later. Besides the stuff that happened here helped me to understand the end results in the next book.
B. Wilson
This woman is so bad that I read her books fast and then get mad at myself when I finish too quickly. It's just that you can't help but get caught up in the storyline. Good vs Evil; come on who doesn't love to see a good fight. Her main Characters still pull me in and make me want to help them stump evil back where it came from. I love it and everyone I have read so far.
Kristi
Jul 07, 2008 Kristi rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: vampire fans.
This was a good read. Once you get past the slang (I'm black and I don't use as much slang as in this book) it's enjoyable. Banks writing continues to improve and is taking vampires into a very different direction then most author's. I am really enjoying this series.
Heather
Started with book six and wish I'd known it was a series when started because there's a lot of backstory. That said, she gets a little wordy but the overall plot line is good. Also keeps up with the sexy vampire genre quite nicely!
pianogal
This one took a little bit of effort to get into, but once you do, it won't let go. I had a hard time with all the commotion between the two Neterus, but I thought the book finished strongly. Bring on the next one!
Daphne Birchfield
it was another great one. i was scared for carlos. he was so power hungry and the other "bad guy" was very very dangerous. im glad he felt regret and finally except his powers from the light.
Annette
Apr 12, 2009 Annette marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
..lol..it says here Book 6. Oh well, most books repeat all info from former books anyways. I picked it up at a flea market today. I'll see if it's worth getting into when I have time.
Alexis
The story, her level of detail, the depth of her world and mythology - just amazing. I hope I still have this series somewhere because I am in the mood to reread it! It was that good.
Marilyn
rounded up from 3.5

Too much drama between all of the members of the guardian team. Was very slow. Like Dante and Lilith the best. The best part was the end.
Stephanie
This was definitely a fun read for her. I love her books and cannot wait to get my hands on the next one in the series.
Deva
I didn't even read the whole thing. I skipped to the last 50 pages and started reading from there ... I missed nothing.
Kathy
Reread was veey good this time ZI really read the words and listening to the lesson be taught through them.
Naomi
The entire series ROCKS!!! The last book of the series called THIRTEENTH will be available Feb 2009.
James III
Yep, this keeps it moving and the dynamics between carlos and yonnie are totally on point!
Angel
Great author, great books, great series...I will miss her writing!
Roberta
SO far, I think this was the best book in the series!
Rachael Dyanne
Just started the other night can't wait to read more.
Joyce
A good read....not my norm but it was okay.
Kristy Dean
Good series but read in order or you will be lost
Erin
Another one of my favorites in this series.
Carrie
Apr 23, 2008 Carrie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
skimmed the first 20 pages. It starts slow.
Raquel
Wanted to smack Carlos in this book!!
Nala
Awsome book. Loved it.
  • Midnight Reign (Vampire Babylon, #2)
  • Always and Forever
  • Dark Dreams: A Collection of Horror and Suspense by Black Writers
  • Shadow Chase (Shadowchasers, #2)
  • The Living Blood (African Immortals, #2)
  • Midnight Lover (Forever Vampires #5)
  • Touch of Madness (Thrall #2)
  • Break Every Rule
  • Underworld: Blood Enemy (Underworld, #2)
  • Lucinda, Dangerously (Demon Princess Chronicles, #2)
  • And on the Eighth Day She Rested
A pseudonym used by Leslie Esdaile Banks, she also wrote under the names:
Leslie E. Banks
Leslie Esdaile
Leslie Esdaile Banks
Leslie Banks
Alexis Grant

L.A. Banks, a native Philadelphian, was a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Wharton undergraduate program. With many awards to her credit, Banks also held a masters of fine arts degree in film and media arts from Temple University. She lived in...more
More about L.A. Banks...
Minion (Vampire Huntress Legend, #1) The Awakening (Vampire Huntress Legend, #2) The Hunted (Vampire Huntress Legend, #3) The Bitten (Vampire Huntress Legend, #4) The Forbidden (Vampire Huntress Legend, #5)