Start by marking “Sweet Tea at Sunrise (The Sweet Magnolias #6)” as Want to Read:
Sweet Tea at Sunrise (The Sweet Magnolias #6)

Sweet Tea at Sunrise (The Sweet Magnolias #6)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  1,729 ratings  ·  95 reviews
Emotionally wounded single mom Sarah Price has come home to Serenity, South Carolina, for a fresh start. With support from her two best friends—the newest generation of the Sweet Magnolias—she can face any crisis.

But sometimes a woman needs more than even treasured friends can provide. Sexy Travis McDonald may be exactly what Sarah's battered self-confi
Published April 27th 2010 by Mira (first published November 8th 20)

To ask other readers questions about Sweet Tea at Sunrise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sweet Tea at Sunrise

Laurel
I only gave this book 1 star because I couldn't give it less. Pathetically, this is a series of books trying to attain the following and acclaim of the wonderful Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. This series revolves around a group of women, and their daughters in S. Carolina called The Sweet Magnolias. They stick their noses into each other's love lives and do things that would make me pack up and leave town. It's not a group of friends so much as a cult of women making sure none of the others a ...more
Tonya
Serenity will never be the same. Sarah is back in town, with her two kids hoping to move on with her life. She isn't the only one back in town -- Travis, who is Tom's cousin is coming to Serenity. He has plans of his own. He comes into Wharton's everyday where Sarah is waitressing, hitting on her a bit. However the more he gets to know her the more he likes. When he decides to put a local radio station on the air and hire Sarah, things get crazy between him and Sarah..

Another Sweet Magnolia, Ray
Cherise
After being stuck in a verbally and emotionally abusive marriage, Sarah Price has divorced her husband and moved with her two kids back to her home town of Serenity, South Carolina.

She is working as a waitress in the local restaurant when she attracts the attention of a mysterious newbie to the town. Travis McDonald is also making some major changes in his life, and Sarah is just the kind of woman he needs.

This is my second book by this author, and probably my last. While the author does a great
Kristen
This is a beautiful contemporary romance. We're introduced to Sarah Price. A recent divorcee and mother of two, who wanted a clean slate from her messy divorce to her home in Serenity, South Carolina. I, as a reader, rallied for Sarah. My heart broke, when she endured such a hardship from her husband Walter and his verbal abuse. We witness her low self-esteem and having no trust for me. When Travis enters into Sarah's life, we can really see the sparks flying between the two in a hate/love relat ...more
Kathi
I am a huge fan of Sherryl Woods and have been known to scour bookstores on days of new releases to get her books. However, this book, in the long line of Sweet Magnolias, lacked something. I am still trying to figure out what that "something" was. There was a lack of credibility from Walter's character - why would he change so quickly? I didn't buy Travis' attraction to Sarah - it seemed pretty convenient. There was no build up of a relationship with Travis and Sarah's children. It was all wrap ...more
Marcia Berg Haskell
I have enjoyed all the Sweet Magnolia series, and, as with all her books, enjoy the characters and their interactions. While the support and help these unrelated people give to one another is well done and satisfied my feelings for them, I do identify more with the original friends than with these newer, younger women. That is probably a function of my age and relationship with my own closest friends, but the book was a fun read and the romances were a good mix of love and missed communications.
Jess
Another great book in the Sweet Magnolias series. I really loved how the relationship between Travis and Sarah unfolded, I was rooting for her since she came back to the series. She had a hard life, and I wanted her to be happy in the end. I love my books with HEA endings. Sherryl Woods is phenomenal at creating an emotional story that drags you in and makes you hope for the best for the characters.

I also love being able to see past characters in the story.
Carol  MacInnis
Sarah Price is a divorcee with two children, Tommy & Libby, who she won custody of. After Sarah's divorce she opted to move to Serenity, South Carolina to leave behind her controlling & self-righteous ex, Walter, and his equally caustic parents. Walter made it his aim in their marriage to knock Sarah down at every opportunity he could find until Sarah had absolutely no self esteem left whatsoever. She vowed never to trust another man ever again.
Travis McDonald, who had just moved to Sere
Jeannie
I love the chemistry that Sarah and Travis have and also how Travis courted Sarah. I love that there are second chances not just with love but also with yourself.

I love that there are such great friends whom you can turn to in times of happiness, sadness and in moments where you need solace and advice.

This is truly a heartwarming story. I can't wait for the next book to be out.
Patricia Solla
This is the second tale of one of the younger generation of Sweet Magnolias. It was interesting to read about the young woman and how she was treated by her soon to be ex-husband and her new life to come. The author also shows us a little about being agoraphobic (one of the secondary characters) and how it afftects peoples lives.
Chiara
Cute and predictable. Maybe I would of enjoyed it more if I had read the previous book. I actually liked reading about Mary Vaughn and Sonny over the Magnolias themselves

Going to read the previous book next and I really would like to read about Raylene too.
Dalene
I liked this book. I really like the tightness of the friendship and families she's created in this town of Serenity. I did not like Travis. I thought I might like him better by the end of the book, but he was too all about himself for me.
Megan
Enjoyable book with some interesting stories woven in. I've never read any of the Sweet Magnolia books but didn't feel at a loss when listening to the audiobook. Worth watching!
Kitty Tomlinson
Travis opens a radio station in Serenity and woos Sara after he hires her as a radio talk show host. ]
Isabel
Sherryl Woods does not let you down! Great follow up to the other sweet magnolia books. I am a fan!
Ellen
Great summer read. Loved the characters-knew it would have a happy ending but nice how the story unfolded!
Dana
As usual you get so sucked in to Sherryl's characters that you cannot put it down. a great beach read!
Susan Ott
These are the perfect summer reads. I can finish them in two days and love the characters.
Autumn West
I thought this was a nice uplifting love story. It was fun, and really enjoyable to read.
Lynette Rambousek
Enjoyed the romance between Travis & Sarah. Easy read with a slow and refreshing romance.
Diana Leneker
love the magnolia women!
Paula Ratcliffe

6th in the Sweet Magnolia series. (2nd in the 2nd trilogy of the next generation of Sweet Magnolias)

POV: 3rd person: Sarah, Travis, Walter
Sensuality: Warm

Sarah Price returned to Serenity when her marriage fell apart. She brought her two children and all the baggage her ex-husband left her. She has little self-esteem and doesn't think any man would want her.
Travis McDonald came to Serenity to figure out what to do with his life. He was a big-time ball-player just let go by the Red Sox. H
 Gigi Ann
Being in the mood to listen to an audio book, I chose this one "Sweet Tea at Sunrise" the only book I've read in this series. I was glad I chose to listen to it instead of reading the book. Frankly, it was very predictable.

Emotionally wounded single mom Sarah Price has come home to Serenity, South Carolina, for a fresh start. With support from her two best friends...the newest generation of the Sweet Magnolias...she can face any crisis.

But sometimes a woman needs more than even treasured friends
Kit★
I picked up this one and Honeysuckle Summer when I seen them at Goodwill purely because I read Home in Carolina awhile back. That one wasn't bad, and I found myself wanting to read about Annie's two friends. I liked Sarah, and I can relate to the feelings of being inadequate and fat, though my guy never tells me I am like her ex-husband did. I was glad to see Walter come around and realize how much of a jerk he was, and the scene where he finally recognizes his baby daughter's love instead of ju ...more
Becky
Sarah Price is the new addition to the second generation of the Sweet Magnolia's. She is back in Serenity with her two children after leaving and divorcing her emotionally, mental, and verbally abusive husband Walter. Sexy and available Travis McDonald has come to Serenity and is now the owner of the new radio station. He has had his eyes on Sarah since he first layed eyes on her. What better way to get closer to her than to hire her to be on the air of his new station. But Sarah's loss of self ...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This book is the second in a set of three about the second generation of "Sweet Magnolias." This book revolves around Sarah Price, a mentally abused wife and Mother of two. The story tells of Sarah's getting a job, her dignity, and her spirit back after her divorce.

Sarah meets ex-baseball player, Travis and goes to work at his new radio station in Serenity, SC. I enjoyed the book until around page 268. Then, I have to tell you that I was simply worn out about needy Sarah and told myself if she b
Ns
Sweet Tea at Sunrise is a feel good, heartfelt, chicken soup for the soul kind of romance. Free of unrealistic drama, and unnecessary twists that can serve to intrigue or exasperate the reader. As a trade off for predictability, knowing what is in store can be comforting and allow ourselves to focus more on the characters than figuring the next big scene of an ambitious plot.

This feel good read was what I had consigned myself to when settling into Sweet Tea at Sunrise, and perhaps if my mind wa
Mirella Grace
Biasa, kalau baca buku serial gak langsung baca terus menerus, daku langsung luoa ingatan ama cerita seri sebelumnya dan jadinya si buku berikut jadi berkesan datar datar aja. Kejadian juga ama buku ini.

Yah, emang sih yang namanya udah berkeluarga, enakan bina keluarga sendiri, tanpa campur tangan ortu or mertua... Tapi emang gak semua orang bisa kaya gitu. Ini juga yang dialami Sarah Price. Pernikahan doi gagal total karena ortu sang suami terlalu ikut campur dan yaaaah emang kaga demen ama Sa
Stephanie Tracy
This novel moved SO SLOWLY it was painful at times. I admire Sherryl's innocent, sweet storytelling, but there was just not enough spice in this story to keep it interesting. The hero came off as a creep right from the get go, and the heroine seemed a bit like a wet towel. Once she started working for his radio station, I found myself completely bored by their work relationship - Woods could have done so much with their on-air time, but instead we only saw glimpses of it. By the end, they seemed ...more
  • The Summer Hideaway (Lakeshore Chronicles, #7)
  • Orchard Valley Brides: Norah\Lone Star Lovin'
  • Promise Canyon (Virgin River, #13)
  • Hometown Girl (Chesapeake Diaries, #4)
  • Nightingale Way (Eternity Springs, #5)
  • Only His (Fool's Gold, #6)
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...

The Sweet Magnolias (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1)
  • A Slice of Heaven (The Sweet Magnolias #2)
  • Feels Like Family (The Sweet Magnolias #3)
  • Welcome to Serenity (The Sweet Magnolias #4)
  • Home in Carolina (The Sweet Magnolias #5)
  • Honeysuckle Summer (The Sweet Magnolias #7)
  • Midnight Promises (The Sweet Magnolias, #8)
  • Catching Fireflies (The Sweet Magnolias, #9)
  • Where Azaleas Bloom (The Sweet Magnolias, #10)
  • Swan Point
The Inn at Eagle Point (Chesapeake Shores, #1) Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1) Harbor Lights (Chesapeake Shores, #3) Beach Lane (Chesapeake Shores #7) Flowers on Main (Chesapeake Shores, #2)