Start by marking “The Beauty of Love: A Memoir of Miracles, Hope, and Healing” as Want to Read:
The Beauty of Love: A Memoir of Miracles, Hope, and Healing

The Beauty of Love: A Memoir of Miracles, Hope, and Healing

JORGE and LAURA POSADA were accustomed to being on top of the world. After a romantic courtship, the lives of these newlyweds were filled with unimaginable success and joy. But all of that changed when their first-born son was diagnosed with craniosynostosis, a birth defect that causes an abnormally shaped skull. Their priorities swiftly changed, as Jorge and Laura navigat ...more
Published August 31st 2010 by Atria Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Beauty of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Beauty of Love

britt_brooke
Mar 08, 2013 britt_brooke rated it really liked it
Shelves: memoir, nonfiction
I just want to thank the Posada family for sharing their story. What a great read!

My son was born with sagittal craniosynostosis and underwent cranial vault reconstruction (which included 2 blood transfusions) at 8 months old. Prior to learning of his condition, we had never heard of craniosynostosis and were very scared. We were extremely fortunate that we lived less than 10 miles from the #4 children's hospital in the US (Children's Hospital of Wisconsin). We are grateful everyday of our live
Amberly
Dec 30, 2012 Amberly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fic
I really enjoyed reading this and getting to know the personal life of one of my favorite Yankees and his wife. I loved that they both took turns telling their story and had little blurbs from other people put in the middle. It's such a sweet story and makes you stop for a second and think about how we take things for granted. I recommend for baseball lovers, Yankee fans or people who want children!
Gail
Dec 18, 2012 Gail rated it liked it
This couple do a tremendous amount if good through their foundation. They were so supportive and helpful when our granddaughter was born with this condition. They are an amazing couple......with a truthful and honest story of heartbreak, fear, and triumph !! They made our family's journey so much easier !!
Vanessa
Dec 23, 2010 Vanessa rated it liked it
This book was supposed to be inspiring and heart warming but it really did not do it for me. I am thrilled that their son is better, but I think it needed more personal stories about their son. Those were the parts I liked the most when they spoke about their kids and it was really all about them dealing with the illness. I expected more.
Robyn
Jul 11, 2012 Robyn rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful book! It is so refreshing to find a professional athlete that is a "good" guy and worthy of the accolades he has received. I enjoyed how he and his wife met and their undying love and devotion they have for each other. Great book!!
Marisa
Jun 11, 2011 Marisa rated it really liked it
As someone else whose son has endured multiple surgeries for craniosynostosis, I could really relate to the Posadas and their journey.
Mamie
Aug 07, 2012 Mamie added it
A family deals with adversity, turning it into a life lesson,helping others to educate them on craniosynostosis while offering financial and emotional support through their foundation. Heartwarming!
Lynette Rambousek
Apr 17, 2012 Lynette Rambousek rated it really liked it
It's awesome to witness parents and their unconditional love for their children.
Julia
Julia rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2013
Ambar
Ambar rated it it was amazing
Oct 08, 2013
Michele
Michele rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2012
Dorothy
Dorothy rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2010
E3Neenz
E3Neenz rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2011
Elisa Gomez
Elisa Gomez rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2011

Leah
Leah rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2015
Mabel Iam
Mabel Iam rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2010
Atria Español
Atria Español rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2010
Cassie Davis
Cassie Davis rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2014
Lynda S.
Lynda S. rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Feb 27, 2015
Anna Springer
Anna Springer rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2010
Jenny
Jenny rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2014
Heather Karimi
Heather Karimi rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2013
Cindy
Cindy rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2010
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was ok
Jul 18, 2012
Eileen
Eileen rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2010
Marsha
Marsha rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2014
Jessica Smith
Jessica Smith rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2014
Libby Segal
Libby Segal rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2015