Start by marking “Never Look Back (Look Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Never Look Back (Look Trilogy, #2)

Never Look Back (Look Trilogy #2)

Linda Lael Miller delivers "heart-stopping suspense" (Winter Haven News, FL) in her New York Times bestsellers featuring savvy defense attorney Clare Westbrook and sexy homicide detective Tony Sonterra.
A hungry attraction. A hidden enemy.
A multimillion-dollar inheritance from the father she never knew has allowed Clare Westbrook to turn a storefront in a tough Phoenix
Published July 1st 2005 by Pocket Star (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Never Look Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Look Back

Stacey Houllis
Dec 06, 2015 Stacey Houllis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book Two in the trilogy about Clare Westbrook and Tony Sonterra. The Story continues with a Clare opening up her own law office where she defend people who are innocent and can not afford legal representation, next door to a doctor's office where she meets one of his patients Peter Bailey who is under psychiatric care of the doctor and he tells of friend Angela who thinks is in trouble and so it starts again. Clare looks for her in process Shanda a single comes to her needing her help to get off ...more
Kris - My Novelesque Life
Dec 08, 2014 Kris - My Novelesque Life rated it really liked it
3.5 STARS

"Devoted defense lawyer Clare Westbrook, used to working for others, can now call the shots on her own terms. A multi-million-dollar inheritance from the father she never knew has allowed her to start her own practice. And with her teenage niece, Emma, whom she's raised as a daughter, on a school trip to Europe, Clare has been able to focus on turning a storefront in a tough Phoenix neighborhood into the legal firm of her dreams and offering her services to the troubled community. But j
CJ -Doctor can you help me, 'cause somethin' don't feel right
A good follow up that evolved the relationship between Tony & Clare. I felt the end was a bit rushed and could've been expounded on but it was still good. I've come to expect that every ten pages or so Clare is going to end up hurt, scared, shooting someone or crying. You think it would detract my attention but it doesn't, I finished it in one day and am a little sad that this is only a trilogy. I love when Miller writes romance mystery. I loved her Mojo Sheepshanks stories too.
Donna
Apr 25, 2016 Donna rated it really liked it
Attorney Clare Westbrook opens her own legal office in a rather sleazy part of town after her father leaves her several million dollars. A drive-by shooting brings cops, including her boyfriend Tony Santana and a new client Shanda, who takes a job as Clare's assistant. Someone begins leaving creepy dolls for Clare and she receives threatening calls from someone calling himself the doll man. A mentally ill man tells Clare this is all due to Tony. When the mentally ill man is killed, Clare moves i ...more
Michelle
Jul 06, 2008 Michelle rated it really liked it
This was a great mystery with some humor and romance mixed in. My kind of book!
Toni
Jan 28, 2009 Toni rated it it was amazing
Miller never ceases to amaze me. One of my favorite authors.
rjp316
Apr 26, 2010 rjp316 rated it liked it
Very interesting trilogy. I had not read anything by Linda Lael Miller in years (maybe a decade or more) but picked up this book at the library since I recognized the author. Was not what I was expecting at all but liked it – last time I read Miller it was all about the romance. Found it hard to read at first but then enjoyable that Miller wrote the books in the first person but past tense. The story lines was a bit farfetched in that I am sure all these events could never happen to one person i ...more
Melissa
Jul 19, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
Similar to the Stephanie Plum novels. This one even has a reference to Stephanie in it. I kinda really liked that the author did that. Goes to show that fictional characters read books too!
Jeanne
Aug 09, 2014 Jeanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, mystery
I found this little romance/mystery story to be a pretty good read. It was easy to follow, a typical cozy mystery type with romance thrown in.
Jenn
Jan 15, 2014 Jenn rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this trilogy. I love the way the she lays out the suspense with so many potential suspects and happenings that are and are not related all at the same time. The main character Clare has grown since the first book and is learning to depend on others as well. As for Tony, well.....close your eyes, picture him and there is nothing left to say.
Teresa Snyder
Oct 25, 2015 Teresa Snyder rated it it was amazing
Book two was much better than book one (and book three is better than book two). Mystery, suspense, and romance. Love Tony --- Clair gets better with each book.
karen
Mar 13, 2016 karen rated it it was amazing
Best of Lind's books yet. Suspense and tough girl Clare all the way. Loved it. Read it in 5 hours. Can't wait to read book 3 tomorrow
Dpic
Feb 09, 2014 Dpic added it
soso
Peggy Ferrell
Feb 03, 2015 Peggy Ferrell rated it it was amazing
I loved this book.
Monique J.
Good enough that I want to finish the series. But if Clare doesn't marry Sonterra, I will go back and revise my ratings. Miller has created a heroic, honorable, and extremely "hot" male lead in Detective Tony Sonterra. Everyone can see it: Emma (Clare's niece), Loretta (Clare's best friend), Mrs. K. (Clare's neighbor), so Clare's cold feet are becoming annoying. My advice to Clare Westbrook: marry the man already before someone else scoops him up!
Lynn
May 19, 2016 Lynn rated it it was amazing
awesome whodunit book that I found hard to put down
Wendy
I guess I'm just a true fan of LLM's work. this is again one of her great books. I liked the characters, though you wonder at times how these people can handle all of the excitement and trauma. It was definately a page turner, one exciting thing after another. And The love interest was really hot. I give this one 5 out of 5 stars.
Colleen
Feb 20, 2009 Colleen rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this one more so than the first book in the series. Maybe since I was used to the writing style - I don't know, but this one just seemed to work better for me. Tony and Clare are great together and I really enjoyed reading about them again (the sexual tension between these two is fantastic).
Kathy
Mar 01, 2009 Kathy rated it liked it
I got this from the library and had no idea it was a sequel. Thankfully the author did a geat job tying the two books together. It was an easy read that kept my attention the entire time & I finished it quickly. I would definatley read more from this author.
Kristi
Sep 13, 2011 Kristi rated it really liked it
Super quick read and after the last few books much needed. I love the characters and the writing style. I did figure out the mystery person a bit early in the story, but there was still enough surprise to keep the pages turning.
Linda
Jan 27, 2009 Linda added it
This was an author I never read before and I look forward to reading some of her her other books. Staged in Arizona. Reminds me of Janet Evanovich (quick and fun reads). There's action, mystery, and humor.
Kathy
Oct 06, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it
Can't wait to get to the third book. This was as exciting as the first, though I had an inkling fairly quickly who the culprit was, just could not make a connection to the why. Great book.
C K
Oct 10, 2012 C K rated it it was amazing
This is an author that I have read a lot of and have added her books to my 'keeper' book shelf. Most I have read at least twice and some even more than that.
Deb
Apr 16, 2011 Deb rated it liked it
Fast paced thriller, who done it, with a little romance thrown in. Good escape reading, and you know what, sometimes one really needs a few of these.
Michele
Aug 27, 2011 Michele rated it really liked it
I liked these charachters. Good suspense that kept me reading to find out who was the killer. suprise ending.
Tonya Williams
Dec 30, 2010 Tonya Williams rated it it was amazing
I found this to be a very good book. It was a definite page turner and one I did not want to put down.
Noelle
May 25, 2010 Noelle rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
I didn't realize that this series was written in first person when I bought it,so I wont read it.
Rachel
Aug 19, 2007 Rachel rated it really liked it
2nd book in the trilogy - another fast paced romantic / suspense. Definitely a good read.
Frances Scott
Nov 07, 2015 Frances Scott rated it really liked it
Up all night reading this one. Compulsive reading. Breathtaking. She is a VERY good writer.
Ifah Zakirah
Jan 02, 2011 Ifah Zakirah rated it really liked it
I wanna be a lawyer eventhough my life would be in danger!
  • You Only Love Twice
  • My Lady Beloved
  • Bound by Dreams (Draycott Abbey #9)
  • Sex Appeal (Heat, #1)
  • Confessions (Men of Whiskey River #1)
  • Nowhere to Run: Not Without Risk / A Man to Die For
  • In Our Dreams
  • An Offer He Can't Refuse (The Wisegirls, #1)
  • Deep Blue (Sinclair Sisters Trilogy, #3)
  • Should've Been a Cowboy (Sons of Chance, #4)
  • One Dark Night
  • Final Exit
  • Take Me Tonight (Bullet Catcher, #3)
  • Dark Sky (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #4)
  • Guns and the Girl Next Door
The daughter of a town marshal, LINDA LAEL MILLER is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 100 historical and contemporary novels, most of which reflect her love of the West. The "First Lady of the West" lives outside Spokane, Washington, where her rescued horses, dogs and cats live the high life.

Published since 1983, Linda was awarded the prestigious Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievemen
More about Linda Lael Miller...

Look Trilogy (3 books)
  • Don't Look Now (Look Trilogy, #1)
  • One Last Look (Look trilogy, #3)