Start by marking “Greens Glorious Greens!: More than 140 Ways to Prepare All Those Great-Tasting, Super-Healthy, Beautiful Leafy Greens” as Want to Read:
Preview

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  15 reviews
The latest word from the nutrition front is that green leafy vegetables may be our most powerful weapon against cancer and other diseases of aging. Plus, most dark leaft greens are high in nutrients such as beta-carotene, anti-oxidants, folic acid, and fiber.
In Greens Glorious Greens! Johnna lbi and Catherine Walthers, both gourmet natural foods chefs, unlock the mysteries
Published March 15th 1996 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Greens Glorious Greens!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Greens Glorious Greens!

The China Study by T. Colin CampbellWhy We Get Fat by Gary TaubesThe Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael PollanIn Defense of Food by Michael PollanNourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon Morell
A Nutrition Reading List
94th out of 191 books — 207 voters
Clean by Alejandro JungerSpent by Frank LipmanIntegrative Nutrition by Joshua RosenthalRadical Acceptance by Tara BrachMind Over Medicine by Lissa Rankin
IIN July '13 Book List
11th out of 54 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Dec 08, 2010 Laura added it
Simple, delicioius and easy: Just over a year ago I started eating the way Joel Fuhrman M.D. outlined in his book, [[ASIN:0316735507 Eat to Live: The Revolutionary Formula for Fast and Sustained Weight Loss]]. Eating a vast amount of leafy greens is a cornerstone of his program. The problem was that I had absolutely no experience with leafy greens other than lettuce and spinach.

"Greens, Glorious Greens" came to the rescue. Each leafy green the book deals with is described in detail. Hints are g
Deb
I finally cooked from this book tonight for a demo at Whole Foods. I made the Tomato & Watercress Salad with Creamy Watercress Dressing which turned out to be fabulous--a big hit with its tangy green-goddess-like dressing. Watercress in one of the healthiest of the leafy greens and this is a great way to enjoy it. Looking forward to cooking more from this helpful resource.
Rachel
Jun 24, 2007 Rachel rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: healthy eaters
Shelves: cookbooks
Great recipes. Some are pretty basic and kind of boring, but there are quite a few that actually have a nice twist and some creativity to them. It was such a relief to happen upon this book because it has really helped to open up a whole new world of cooking with greens for me. If you love your kale and chard and dandelion greens, definitely check out this book!
Manintheboat
A great way to learn new greens ideas.
However, these ideas are largely very low fat and sodium. No saag paneer, no creamed spinach. But an excellent resource all the same.
p.s. If you like greens, go look up Saag Paneer! You can use most hearty greens and cheeses!
Jacqueline Kawate
Every recipe in this book looks to be a winner. Can't wait to try the red lentil soup with mustard greens. If you like spinach, kale, lettuce, watercress, arugula, cabbage, collard greens, and more, then try this book.
Laurasmoot
I give a copy to each of my nutrition clients. Really good way to get familiar with different greens-- descriptions on how to choose and clean different kinds, and a Lot of good recipes
Katey
Only a few recipes that included animals, otherwise it's a vegan's delight. Simple, uncomplicated recipes. More about the instruction on how to cook different greens, which is important.
Gia
When I started fixing the recipes in this book Mark said, "This book could save our lives." It's that good.
Aimee
Whatthe hell do I do with that green stuff in my garden??!?!?

This book will tell you!
Pamela
Some great recipes and detailed info on greens. I'd recommend it.
Sarcomical
very useful if you are new to cooking greens and want varied recipes.
Sonali
Awesome for someone wanting to prepare green leafy veggies!
Victoriaalee1
so far SO GREEN! Love it!!!!
Maya
Great recipes!
Loree
Delicious!
Anne Crandall
Anne Crandall marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
olivia
olivia marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Carol Christine Mauck
Carol Christine Mauck marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Debra Neilson
Debra Neilson marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Ahmed
Ahmed marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Christian Farkas
Christian Farkas marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
غزول رورو
غزول رورو marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Self-Healing Cookbook:  Whole Foods To Balance Body, Mind and Moods
  • Vegan Soups and Hearty Stews for All Seasons
  • Love Soup: 160 All-New Vegetarian Recipes from the Author of The Vegetarian Epicure
  • Cook 1.0: A Fresh Approach to the Vegetarian Kitchen
  • The Modern Vegetarian Kitchen
  • Quick-Fix Vegan: Healthy, Homestyle Meals in 30 Minutes or Less
  • Food to Live By: The Earthbound Farm Organic Cookbook
  • Food and Healing
  • Vegetables Every Day: The Definitive Guide to Buying and Cooking Today's Produce, with Over 350 Recipes
  • The Indian Vegan Kitchen: More Than 150 Quick and Healthy Homestyle Recipes
  • Living Cuisine: The Art of Spirit of Raw Foods
  • Feeding the Whole Family: Whole Foods Recipes for Babies, Young Children, and Their Parents (Revised)
  • Vegan Eats World: 300 International Recipes for Savoring the Planet
  • 660 Curries
  • Chloe's Vegan Italian Kitchen: 150 Pizzas, Pastas, Pestos, Risottos, & Lots of Creamy Italian Classics
  • The World's Healthiest Foods: Essential Guide for the Healthiest Way of Eating
  • The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook: Whole Foods Recipes for Personal and Planetary Health
  • Integrative Nutrition: Feed Your Hunger for Health and Happiness
Bread and Circus Whole Food Bible: How to Select and Prepare Safe, Healthful Foods Without Pesticides or Chemical Additives