Start by marking “Sleepy Kittens” as Want to Read:
Sleepy Kittens

Sleepy Kittens

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Board Book, 10 pages
Published May 19th 2010 by LB Kids (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sleepy Kittens, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sleepy Kittens

Manny
As seen in Despicable Me. I had to order a copy. My inner Gru is telling me incredulously that this is garbage. I like reading it?!

To which, all I can reply is: awwwww! It's so cute! Though I do have a more serious criticism. The finger puppets are stiffer than they appear in the movie, and I can't make them drink their milk. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
___________________________________________

OK, I have a solution to the stiff-kitten problem. You just bend them. I didn't really w...more
Marvin
This review is from Maslow the Wonder Cat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hello, mere mortal humans. This is the feline version of Despicable Me addressing you.

Marvin brought home this book one day. He said I might like it and Manny was waiting for a review. First thing I noticed was that it had really thick pages. I figured Marvin thought I might not be able to chew up the cardboard pages so easily. Fine. I love a challenge. But then I saw the title, Sleepy Kittens. So I set aside demolition mode and read it. It was a really...more
Kruti
I only needed to know that this was featured in Despicable Me before my hand was already reaching for it on the shelf. Let’s just say what ensued afterwards was nothing short of internal turmoil.

“Wow! This...is garbage! You actually like this?” said the manly voice in my head with a surprisingly thick Russian accent.

“B-but,” I started to reason whilst distracted by the cardboard finger puppets. That’s when it hit me. This book was not the same as the one featured in the film. For one, the cardb...more
Rebecca
I just read this again and it took me a total of 5 minutes!

My boyfriend bought me this for my birthday (actually before he was my fella but he knew I loved Despicable Me, so that was a win for him!) and I do love it. The rhyme is cute and the pictures are quite adorable.

However, and it is a big one, my hands are too small to play with the kittens properly. It actually hurts, and I know that I'm not the only one to struggle, so it was clearly not just me having weenie hands!

Fun for all the family...more
Jay
Okay. There are puppets?! You use them to tell the story. Wow. Let's get this over with. This is garbage. A brush?! This is literature?! A two-year old could have written this. Keep reading.

Heh. Actually, I love, love, love this book. When I read it to my daughter I try to do it in Gru's voice. So much fun. If you're a fan of the movie, Despicable Me, GET THIS BOOK. It's cuter than a barrel of minions.
notgettingenough
The movie's great and if you can get the right person to read this product spinoff to you, the right way, it's SO cute!
Angie
Synopsis: "An adorable board book with finger puppets based on a book featured in the animated movie, Despicable Me, coming from Universal Studios in Summer 2010. With gentle, rhythmic verse, little ones will love to snuggle up with these soft, cozy kitties at bedtime."

My Review: I was so excited when I found this book, I adore the movie Despicable Me and this book was super cute in the movie. The quality of the book isn't quite what I expected. The kitten puppets are rough and stiff and there w...more
Jennie Garcia
So adorable!! :)
Robert Beveridge
Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio, Sleepy Kittens (LB Kids, 2010)

If you (a) liked Despicable Me and (b) have kids—maybe even if you don't—then it should go without saying that you probably need a copy of this (it's the book, complete with kitten finger puppets, that Gru reads to the girls at night). If you've seen the movie, you know the whole book, but so what? It was wonderful in the movie, it's wonderful IRL. What are you waiting for? ***
J.C. Martin
When I saw the book in Despicable Me, I knew I had to get it for my wee man. been reading it to him every night since he was 2 months old, and he still loves it. Now he crawls towards me when I pick the book up. It's sweet and cute with catchy rhymes, but I too was disappointed to find there wasn't a mini brush to groom the kittens with. :-( At least I can still make them drink their milk.
Emily
A friend gifted this to me for Christmas. I absolutely love this book. It brings back childhood memories of another children's book I had that also had a finger puppet :)

When I watch the 'Despicable Me' movie I make sure I have my copy of Sleepy Kittens with me. My only criticism is there is no brush to brush their fur ;)
Rebekah
Saw Despicable Me about a month ago and Loved IT. When I saw this book laying on a random cart at Borders I had to have it. My two year old niece kept clapping her hands and begging me to read it again.

The only drawback is that the kitten puppets are awkward to move- but that might change the more we read it.
Janelle
i read this with my good pals Agnes Edith Margo gru and the minons . and you know annie
Grace
I LOVED this book in the movie so it was fun to actually read it.
Thirza
My only complaint is that there is no brush :(
Huda
As seen in the film "Despicable Me"
Heidi Schröder
-joss- added it
Aug 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
book 11 11 Aug 25, 2010 05:01PM
Hop: The Chapter Book Dr. Seuss' the Lorax: Music from the Motion Picture Soundtrack Undercover Super Spies