Start by marking “わたしに××しなさい! 1 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #1)” as Want to Read:
わたしに××しなさい! 1 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #1)

わたしに××しなさい! 1 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #1)

4.1  ·  Rating Details ·  5,382 Ratings  ·  95 Reviews
In class, she's a sort of zoned-out girl, and he's the year one class' most perfect, good-looking guy. But the two of them have a secret, and their extraordinary "love experience" will start now!

Published October 6th 2009 by Kodansha, 講談社

To ask other readers questions about わたしに××しなさい! 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about わたしに××しなさい! 1

Henz
May 28, 2016 Henz rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I always like Tsundere main characters .. Typical love story but still an engaging to read ...
Theresa ♫
Aug 26, 2011 Theresa ♫ rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fellow humans in search for a lesson of the consequences of love
I've been reading this manga online, and I'm proud to say that this is a four-star read!
The series is about a secretive girl named Yukina Himuro who writes a cell phone novel as Yupina in secret. But as well as her novel is rated, she isn't capable of writing a love novel because she knows nothing about love.
She runs into a confession between a girl and her popular classmate, Kitami Shigure. After Shigure rejects the girl's confession, he drops his student notebook behind as he saunters away. Yu
Sean O'Hara
Nov 10, 2012 Sean O'Hara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is absurd, over-the-top shoujo melodrama at it's most delicious. Yukina seems to be a loser girl with only one friend, but she's secretly the best-selling cell-phone novelist Yupina, and all her stories are based upon her observations of her classmates. But one day when she overhears some people complaining that her books need some sexy-time she realizes this is one thing she can't learn about just by watching.

Luckily for her, she discovers that her classmate Shigure, who's beloved by all g
Selena
I really enjoyed this. I have no idea why. Maybe because the main girl is a well-developed character that stands atop all the others? I really, really liked it.

It's a bit off the beaten path for a shoujo, so it doesn't feel like I've seen all this too many times.
Jessica-Robyn
I don't understand what this manga was going for. Missions of Love is a strange manga, not so much because of its content or characters who are all reiterations of tropes we have seen before, but because of its tone. The tone of this book feels all wrong.

The premise is really simple. There's this "icy" misunderstood girl who everyone is afraid of, this is our classic protagonist. In her spare time she writes cell phone novels, I would call them ficlets or drabbles, and she wants to up her game
Lesedelfin
Mar 17, 2015 Lesedelfin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anne
May 13, 2013 Anne rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-manhwa
The first volume of Watashi ni xx Shinasai! in its entirety does not disappoint, primarily because it's slightly different than the majority of shoujo mangas. When I look for a new series to read, I usually seek the ones that have better than average drawings, and on the aspect, I'd say this manga had pretty much good drawings - that is, a beautiful heroine and a handsome hero.

Sure enough, Himuro Yukina is different than most female leads that have been plaguing the shoujo genre. That was an adv
Mehsi
Jun 09, 2013 Mehsi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mehsi by: Sabrine
Got recommended this manga by Sabrine, thanks again. :)

I loved this first volume, Yukina-chan was so cute (and a bit of a ice princess, but I can imagine why she would put up that front. Poor her, having such a scary expression, and everyone getting scared and running away. :()

Shigure, ah Shigure, our lovely playboy, but he is oh so hot. *swoon*

I really loved the missions, and I will be sure to read the other volumes soon. :)
Nina {ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ}
This is one hot manga. Seriously, the chemistry between the demanding cell-phone-novelist-in-secret Yukina and the popular womanizer Shigure is electric! Even though this story begins with Yukina needing a guinea pig for her 'love experiment' - understanding what love is so she can write about it, the distance between the blackmailer (Yukina who discovers Shigure's secret as a womanizer) and the balackmailee shortens! I'm intrigued by this mass of tangled loves.
Sam
Jul 16, 2015 Sam rated it really liked it
Ma è carinissimo!
Tamara
Aug 06, 2015 Tamara rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, 2015-reads
3,5 stars
Brandon Douglas
Great potential, but the cousin ruined it for me.
Tammy Smith
Aug 25, 2013 Tammy Smith rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-reviews
Yukina is a keen observer of the student population, but she is always on the outside looking in. She is a famous (oh man, I can't even type it without laughing) cell phone novelist that goes by the name of "Yupina". Yeah, right. Like no one is ever going to pick up on that. Why don't you wear a pair of glasses while you're at it, because no one would know who you are then. Oh, wait. She does wear glasses. She wears the glasses to protect herself. Her glasses are her kryptonite.

While she may be
Rachel
Feb 27, 2017 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's time for my annual read-a-lot-of-manga- to-see-which-ones-we-should-get-for-the-library! This one was addicting enough to read the next one.
Claudia Smallman
May 12, 2013 Claudia Smallman rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of Shojo manga with some sensual spice, and badboy love interests
Recommended to Claudia by: I found it while browsing bookdepository
Shelves: manga
Gee, these covers look like something straight out of a hentai.

"Missions of Love" or 'Watashi ni xx Shinsai' is a spicy little shojo, to say the least. Indeed, there isn't anything much original from it and it can be packed to the brim with its cliches. Mix all that in with nice, sensual art and an unhealthy (and also rather uncomfortable) romance revolving around black-mail and love triangles...And you have 'Missions of Love.'
Missions of Love isn't a bad manga. When it comes to shojo the genera
Judy (Geeky Reading)
Oct 28, 2012 Judy (Geeky Reading) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, manga
~3.5/5

[Read more at my blog, Geeky Reading!]

I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to get this volume. I found out about the series late, then it took me forever to add it to the list, and then to actually get the volume. And while this volume did not grab me completely, I’m intrigued, and hope to get the next volume when I can.

Yukina, the heroine, is a cell phone novelist, and no one but a friend, Akira, knows this. A lot of people at her school read the stories, though, and that’s how she gets
Mike
"And thus began... the game of love between two people... who felt nothing for each other!"

Yukina's strange demeanor and fondness for staring at people intently has earned her the title of "Snow Woman" throughout school. What everyone else doesn't know is that she's the secret writer beyond a series of cell phone novels that are as beloved as she is feared, and that they are the inspiration for her stories. When she overhears fan clamoring for romance, she panics about her lack of reference. But
Caribou Reviews
Nov 12, 2016 Caribou Reviews rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes a good dramatic romance with a strong female lead.
Shelves: manga
"It's time for love. Secret cell phone novelist vs. the most popular boy in school. A mission of love for absolute servitute."

Not as cheesy as it sounds!

Just read the first manga of this and I love it! It's different and the characters aren't very cookie cutter. I don't like most highschool dramas but this one is pretty good! Even if a guy is a jerk blackmail is creepy but its a great story. I love how these two are always trying to trump eachother with their best wild cards. The humour is subtl
D.M. Dutcher
Nov 12, 2012 D.M. Dutcher rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, shoujo
Released in the USA under the title Missions of Love. Different shoujo manga about a stoic girl and a manipulative guy that is a little flimsy.

Yukina is a high school student who moonlights as a cell phone novelist. However, she finds that despite her success at it, her fans note that she isn't good at love scenes. An opportunity may present itself when the always cheerful and popular Shigure reveals a secret. Can she learn love if she blackmails him?

Yukina is a strikingly different type of hero
Bj
Jul 08, 2016 Bj rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: none selective readers , the normal shoujo manga reader, loves hot scenes
My overall thoughts on this book , it was horrible * I can already picture fans of this manga looking at me with raised eyebrows because there must be something wrong with me*, but can someone please give me back my precious time. This book started out perfectly and the main cast actually had strong personalities but then it went downhill all of a sudden....At a point the author lost her way .I love how devoted Yukina was to writing her novel and was always open to criticism from her readers in ...more
Sen
Apr 20, 2012 Sen rated it liked it
Recommended to Sen by: Richiiie
Volume 1: Chapters 1 through 5 ^◡^
Read on April 20, 2012
Source: manga.animea.net

***update: I soon find out that chapter 5 is part of volume one; please note that this review excludes chapter 5, so this review is only based on chapters 1-4***

When the absolute-zero snow woman collides with the most popular, hot dude in school...

All Himuro Yukina cares about is to feel love, in order to help inspire her for her phone novel. She goes under the name "Yupina".

Kitami Shigure is your typical popular
Lynanne Carroll
Dec 30, 2016 Lynanne Carroll rated it liked it
I'm not very far into this one, but I can kind of already see where it's heading, so I figured I'd review a little earlier than normal.

Honestly, the fact it won the 36th Kodansha Manga award for best children's manga is what caught my attention more than anything, but it has a fairly unique concept. The artwork is also decent--average to slightly above average as far as shoujo goes, I'd say.

The actual execution of story, however, is disappointing. Maybe it's because I've read a whoolllle lotta
Soobie's heartbroken
Ho riletto il primo numero in italiano perché l'avevo letto ai tempi - parliamo dal 2013, circa - in tedesco. Ho letto i primi 12 volumi; poi, avendo raggiunto la pubblicazione della Tokyopop mi ero fermata e ultimamente, visto che ho i restanti sette volumi a casa, cominciavo a chiedermi se non fosse il caso di mettermi lì e finire la serie.

Così, ho approfittato della pubblicazione della Star Comics per rinfrescarmi la memoria. Non mi ricordavo nulla, quindi era come leggerlo per la prima volta
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

Sereneblaze

Himuro Yukina, known as the "Absolute Zero Snow-woman" is a cold and observant girl. In addition, she is actually a popular cell phone novelist who goes by the name of Yupina. Sadly, with no other human contact than her cousin, Yukina is unable to express more romance in her novels. Kitami Shigure, your
Cassiopeia's Moon
Jun 13, 2014 Cassiopeia's Moon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This manga, wow. Ema Toyama has really done a great job!

The story line follows Yukina, a girl with ice cold hands and a scary glare, who writes cell phone novels. When the fans start to demand more love she finds herself in a tough spot. How would she write about love with no experience?
She finds the solutions to the problem; blackmailing the most popular boy in school.

description

Yukina is such a strong girl who really doesn't care that much about what others think of her. I like her. I think she's also th
Fatima
Jun 05, 2014 Fatima rated it liked it
I'm starting to realize this manga might not be as unrealistic. I writing a book my self, and well... never had a boyfriend, never been kissed. Kinda makes it hard to write realistic love scenes. I'm just basing it off of other books, hoping I might get real experience soon.

Now the plot, in my opinion, was actually quite interesting. I found the book entertaining, but there were some serious cliches in it. Honestly, it's a manga that you might just forget about. It doesn't really stick in my min
Marianna Rainolter
Jan 13, 2017 Marianna Rainolter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Mi sono lanciata su questo nuovo shojo che ha una trama particolare e carina, e anche i disegni sono molto belli. Yukina è una ragazza dallo sguardo e dai comportamenti freddi; scrive romanzi sotto uno pseudonimo e i suoi fan vogliono che scriva d'amore, proprio lei che d'amore non sa nulla. Ed ecco che ci si mette in mezzo il donnaiolo Shigure, e i due si stuzzicano a vicenda mentre Yukina prende ispirazione per le sue storie e inizia ad aprirsi a lui. Cosa succederà tra questi due personaggi c ...more
Jenna
Aug 10, 2015 Jenna rated it it was ok
Read the first volume.

I do like the drawing style, for the most part, even though it makes the protagonist look about ten. It's a very shiny-eyed, detailed style. But the plot just felt familiar and overdone.

It was refreshing that it was the protagonist doing the blackmailing and that she held the power over the relationship (for a time), as it's usually some awkward "now you have to _______ or I'll tell all you write a novel/are a secret mangaka/work in a maid cafe" before spinning into love.
Miss
Nov 15, 2012 Miss rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
On the plus side I like how goal-oriented and aggressive Yukina is; forcing Shigure to play being in love with her isn't okay or nice by any definition but shoujo has an over abundance of nice heroines anyways. Besides he doesn't exactly qualify as a kind person himself. On the con side the latter half of the volume seemed like it was trying to soften her up and give Shigure a definite one up in their power game and ugh. I'll give the second volume a try but if this series sticks with the typica ...more
Shoujo Manga Book...: Missions of Love Discussion 4 8 Feb 20, 2015 06:32AM
  • Barajou no Kiss, Vol. 01 (Barajou no Kiss, #1)
  • Kiss/Hug, Vol. 01
  • 赤髪の白雪姫 1 [Akagami no Shirayukihime 1] (Snow White with the Red Hair, #1)
  • Moe Kare!!, Vol. 01
  • キスよりも早く1 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 3] (Faster than a Kiss #3)
  • Strobe Edge, Vol. 1 (Strobe Edge, #1)
  • 電撃デイジー 6 (Dengeki Daisy, #6)
  • Love So Life, Vol. 1 (Love So life, #1)
  • Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 1
  • たいようのいえ 1 [Taiyou no Ie 1]
  • Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu Vol 01 (Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu, #1)
  • Arisa, Vol. 01 (Arisa, #1)
  • Oresama Teacher , Vol. 1
  • Hana to Akuma, Vol. 01
  • Fly High!: Leť výš 1 (Fly High! #1)
  • L-DK, Vol. 01
  • Love Monster, Vol. 1
Japanese Name: 遠山 えま

She made her debut in September 2003 in the monthly manga magazine Nakayoshi with her story, Tenshi no Tamago ("Angel's Egg", no relation to the anime movie of the same name). Gokkun! Pūcho is considered her best representative work. Tokyopop has licenced it under the title Pixie Pop. All of her works are published by Kodansha, and they are enjoyed mainly by preteen and teen gi
More about Ema Tōyama...

Watashi ni xx Shinasai! (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • わたしに××しなさい! 2 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #2)
  • わたしに××しなさい! 3 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #3)
  • わたしに××しなさい! 4 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #4)
  • わたしに××しなさい! 5 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #5)
  • わたしに××しなさい! 6 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #6)
  • わたしに××しなさい! 7 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #7)
  • わたしに××しなさい! 8 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #8)
  • わたしに××しなさい! 9 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #9)
  • わたしに××しなさい! 10 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #10)
  • わたしに××しなさい! 11 (Watashi ni xx Shinasai! #11)