Start by marking “The Lost Scrolls (Rogue Angel, #6)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Scrolls (Rogue Angel, #6)

The Lost Scrolls (Rogue Angel #6)

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  688 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Ancient papyrus scrolls recovered among the charred ruins of the Library of Alexandria reveal astonishing texts that detail the wonders of Atlantis--knowledge that could shatter the blueprint of world energy. Archaeologist Annja Creed confronts shadow figures determined to preserve empires built on power, greed and global manipulation, finding unlikely allies in a mysterio ...more
Published May 7th 2007 by Harlequin Enterprises (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Scrolls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Scrolls

Matt
Jun 08, 2008 Matt rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This one was really bad
Tim Mayer
Oct 26, 2013 Tim Mayer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Lost Scrolls is #6 in the adventures of Annja Creed AKA Rogue Angel. It's not been the best by far, but it did move quickly. It is an optimal length for a series novel. The character of Annja hasn't developed much since #1, but I still have hopes for her.

In The Lost Scrolls, Annja stumbles across papyrus scrolls detailing a war between the continent of Atlantis and the ancient Greeks. What starts the gunfire is an account of how the Atlantans possessed the secret of free energy and used it i
Sarah Alawami
Dec 30, 2015 Sarah Alawami rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another very good read. The plot is very fast and you will not be able to put the book down. The ending though kind of is an anticlimax.
pdarnold
Certainly not my favorite Rogue Angel book thus far. I was heard yelling NOOOO when "?" was bumped off. Not the books finest moment. Why kill off *ALL* the likeable characters? However, I continue to look forward to the next installment of Rogue Angel. I am hooked. This had so much action going on my eyes began blurring trying to read quicker. I believe it was mentioned elsewhere in another review - Indiana Jones tune going through my head as I read. I really enjoy the mix of action, danger, mys ...more
Asteropê
Eh. Not as good as previous books. There was less focus on the scrolls and mystery/conspiracy surrounding them, unlike in previous books where that took more center stage. This one was more about the people and centered around finding and saving the Polish girl, who wasn't totally a likable character to begin with. It just felt sort of pointless, especially because even in the end, we never learned what the scrolls were totally about. Honestly, this one could be skipped as there's little to add ...more
David
Jun 01, 2013 David rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action-adventure
Eero
Jun 01, 2012 Eero rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, red-head
Worst book in series so far.

All what was good in previous books has been lost or replaced with fake chinese copy of orginal.

Annja is ninny, her adversary is unbeliveable idiotic moron and premise of story is somewhat dull, because writer don't tell how crystals work and what motivates all the parties do what they do.

This book made me to lookup all books writed by same writer (as there are bunch of the writers behind Alex Archer) so that I can skip book writed by him and thaks god there is only
Lela
Sep 15, 2008 Lela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A really lame ending. If you are reading the series, it would really be easy to skip this one. It doesn't give any new info about the relationship of Garin and Roux nor does it add anything new about Joan of Arc's sword. In fact Roux doesn't show up at all.
Cindy
Loved this one as well. I like the main characters quite well. I like the secondary characters just as much. It even has me laughing out loud at times. I really felt like I could just see the expressions that the writer was writing about. I am finding this author writes the way I think . Very enjoyable and you even feel a bit smarter (even tho it is just fiction) after reading it LOL
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
This book was kind of disappointing to me. First, the writers actually killed off a main character, which I found utterly shocking. Second, there is the mini-me with the loud and obnoxious mouth and personality who ends up making it throughout the story. Uh! She should have been the one terminated. I still like the character of Annya Creed, and expect to continue reading the series. I know that this book was written by ghost writers. Supposedly, the first 8 books of this series were. Not enough ...more
Jo-anne
Feb 05, 2015 Jo-anne rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, kindle
This was the first book in this series that I have read. I'm thinking that I should have started from the beginning of the series so that I could find out why certain things happened to the main character, Annja. If you like stories with a bit of action this could be right up your alley.
Elliedakota
Really lame. The majority of the book involved running and slashing - and seemingly magical instantaneous travel around the globe, only to run and slash some more. Zero actual plot.
Laura Herrold
This is first book I had to struggle to get through in this series -- not my favorite.
Mj
Apr 09, 2016 Mj rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good series. Still enjoying.
Al Cormier
This next chapter in the Annja Creed saga is almost pure action-adventure. I think there was more bloodshed than in previous offerings, and nothing that would aid Annja in her quest to better understand her destiny. However, it was a good read as far as the storyline went.
Julie
Aug 22, 2011 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Definitely not my favorite Annja book but still good. Non-stop action throughout....good characters brought into the story, but it's too bad the authors feel they always have to kill off potential love interests for Annja. I also would like if Roux and Garin were in the books for more than a chapter of two. It would be nice if she developed some lasting relationships in future books, I think it would give me a greater reason to read the next one.
Linda George
I found myself singing The Indiana Jones theme in my head a lot while reading this book. The whole story was a wild ride of constant action reminiscent of a Indiana Jones movie. From the first attack and kidnap on a dig sight, to globe trotting, to trying constantly get away, this is an enjoyable action/suspense novel I have come to expect from Alex Archer. I really enjoy Annjo and her adventures.
Keziah Wallis
Apr 09, 2011 Keziah Wallis rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-edit
I don't know whether it was this book in particular that failed to hit me or whether I am slightly jaded over the series in general. I know these books are written by house writers and so it is possible that there was something in the way this story was written that just failed to nab me. I also read it over a couple of months which never helps my enjoyment.
Starfire
Dear gods that was a quick read. Total action brain fluff, with what HAS to be the highest body count of any of the instalments so far (AND the singlemost annoying bit-part character) - not to mention a deus ex machina ending.

Yet somehow, I still enjoyed it and sucked in down in under 36 hours. Evidently it was just the kind of escapism I needed!
Kathy Davie
Dave
Apr 26, 2009 Dave rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-thriller
It was hard to get the feel for the author, it seemed if styles kept changing. So I did some research and learned that Alex Archer is a name for a collection of writers who work collectively on these stories. If you don't mind the subtle changes in style and you like tombraider-like action, then you'll like this.
Jenn
Sep 17, 2013 Jenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have-read
I wish there were more to this book I wanted more!! But well written and a great read. On to the next...
On a side note I listened to this as an audio book on a trip from California to texas, as I passed liberty tx I had a big urge to pull off and see if I could find a fan boat launch at its end!
Schnaucl
Pure popcorn. It reminded me somewhat of Carpe Demon, probably because of the whole orphans raised to fight evil thing, though Annja fights humans rather than demons. It was fine. I don't feel a need to seek out others in the series but I'm not opposed to them either.
Janice
Apr 12, 2015 Janice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: action-thriller
Okay, but not one of the better ones in the series. But with a series this long, written by multiple authors, it's to be expected that there will be highs and lows. At least the lows haven't been too low so far.
Mickey Reed
Dec 18, 2009 Mickey Reed rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
This one was pretty good. Short, but good. It was sad, and a new character emerged, but I don't think she'll stick around. Still no character development, no relationships, just action and adventure.
Claudia
Just completed this book. I feel somehow deflated with the ending.
This book has a heavy diet murder and mayhem,with few characters met along the way live to the end of the story.
Lyly
Mar 02, 2015 Lyly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Started out so slowly I thought I would never finish the book but I stuck with it and towards the end it really picked up. Can't say that I'd ever want to re-read it.
Vanda Bromwich
Jan 12, 2013 Vanda Bromwich rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anja Creed stops the Lost scrolls which tell about the time of Atlantis from falling into the wrong hands. A lot more story and less fighting than some of these books.
Rachel
Sep 07, 2014 Rachel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not my favourite of Annja's adventures by any means, especially because Roux didn't show up at all and Garin only a little, but not bad.
Pablo
Jan 26, 2016 Pablo rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A bit repetitive and in the end the mystery was not complete resolved.
  • The Ascent of Everest
  • Uprising (Vampire Federation, #1)
  • Book of Secrets
  • Giving Up the Ghost (Laying a Ghost, #2)
  • The Call of the Sword (Chronicles of Hawklan, #1)
  • The Heretic Kings (The Monarchies of God, #2)
  • Threshold (Boundary, #2)
  • No More Magic
  • Dark Cities Underground
  • Ryder On The Storm
  • A Cat in Wolf's Clothing (Alice Nestleton Mystery #3)
  • Nosferatu (Area 51, #8)
  • The Alchemist
  • Name of the Beast
  • Night Life
  • Afterlight (Last Light, #2)
  • Out of the Black
  • Mandibles
A house name for the Rogue Angel series, published by the Harlequin Publishing's Gold Eagle division.

The first eight novels were written by Victor Milan and Mel Odom. New writers joining the series starting with book nine include Jon Merz and Joseph Nassise.
More about Alex Archer...

Rogue Angel (1 - 10 of 58 books)
  • Destiny (Rogue Angel #1)
  • Solomon's Jar (Rogue Angel #2)
  • The Spider Stone (Rogue Angel #3)
  • The Chosen (Rogue Angel #4)
  • Forbidden City (Rogue Angel #5)
  • God of Thunder (Rogue Angel #7)
  • Secret of the Slaves (Rogue Angel #8)
  • Warrior Spirit (Rogue Angel #9)
  • Serpent's Kiss (Rogue Angel #10)
  • Provenance (Rogue Angel #11)