The Lost Scrolls (Rogue Angel, #6)

The Lost Scrolls (Rogue Angel #6)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  526 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Ancient papyrus scrolls recovered among the charred ruins of the Library of Alexandria reveal astonishing texts that detail the wonders of Atlantis--knowledge that could shatter the blueprint of world energy. Archaeologist Annja Creed confronts shadow figures determined to preserve empires built on power, greed and global manipulation, finding unlikely allies in a mysterio...more
Published May 7th 2007 by Harlequin Enterprises

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Scrolls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Scrolls

G (galen)
Apr 01, 2009 G (galen) marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
At the library my son went to the shelves and personally selected this one. Brought it to me and said "you'll like this one mommy."
A women with a sword.
Does this kid know his mom or what?
Tim Mayer
The Lost Scrolls is #6 in the adventures of Annja Creed AKA Rogue Angel. It's not been the best by far, but it did move quickly. It is an optimal length for a series novel. The character of Annja hasn't developed much since #1, but I still have hopes for her.

In The Lost Scrolls, Annja stumbles across papyrus scrolls detailing a war between the continent of Atlantis and the ancient Greeks. What starts the gunfire is an account of how the Atlantans possessed the secret of free energy and used it i...more
Eero
Worst book in series so far.

All what was good in previous books has been lost or replaced with fake chinese copy of orginal.

Annja is ninny, her adversary is unbeliveable idiotic moron and premise of story is somewhat dull, because writer don't tell how crystals work and what motivates all the parties do what they do.

This book made me to lookup all books writed by same writer (as there are bunch of the writers behind Alex Archer) so that I can skip book writed by him and thaks god there is only...more
Lela
A really lame ending. If you are reading the series, it would really be easy to skip this one. It doesn't give any new info about the relationship of Garin and Roux nor does it add anything new about Joan of Arc's sword. In fact Roux doesn't show up at all.
Matt
This one was really bad
Bookstooge
This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com by express permission of this reviewer.

For the rest of my review, please visit:
Cindy
Loved this one as well. I like the main characters quite well. I like the secondary characters just as much. It even has me laughing out loud at times. I really felt like I could just see the expressions that the writer was writing about. I am finding this author writes the way I think . Very enjoyable and you even feel a bit smarter (even tho it is just fiction) after reading it LOL
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
This book was kind of disappointing to me. First, the writers actually killed off a main character, which I found utterly shocking. Second, there is the mini-me with the loud and obnoxious mouth and personality who ends up making it throughout the story. Uh! She should have been the one terminated. I still like the character of Annya Creed, and expect to continue reading the series. I know that this book was written by ghost writers. Supposedly, the first 8 books of this series were. Not enough...more
pdarnold
Certainly not my favorite Rogue Angel book thus far. I was heard yelling NOOOO when "?" was bumped off. Not the books finest moment. Why kill off *ALL* the likeable characters? However, I continue to look forward to the next installment of Rogue Angel. I am hooked. This had so much action going on my eyes began blurring trying to read quicker. I believe it was mentioned elsewhere in another review - Indiana Jones tune going through my head as I read. I really enjoy the mix of action, danger, mys...more
Asteropê
Eh. Not as good as previous books. There was less focus on the scrolls and mystery/conspiracy surrounding them, unlike in previous books where that took more center stage. This one was more about the people and centered around finding and saving the Polish girl, who wasn't totally a likable character to begin with. It just felt sort of pointless, especially because even in the end, we never learned what the scrolls were totally about. Honestly, this one could be skipped as there's little to add...more
David
Al Cormier
This next chapter in the Annja Creed saga is almost pure action-adventure. I think there was more bloodshed than in previous offerings, and nothing that would aid Annja in her quest to better understand her destiny. However, it was a good read as far as the storyline went.
Julie
Definitely not my favorite Annja book but still good. Non-stop action throughout....good characters brought into the story, but it's too bad the authors feel they always have to kill off potential love interests for Annja. I also would like if Roux and Garin were in the books for more than a chapter of two. It would be nice if she developed some lasting relationships in future books, I think it would give me a greater reason to read the next one.
Linda George
I found myself singing The Indiana Jones theme in my head a lot while reading this book. The whole story was a wild ride of constant action reminiscent of a Indiana Jones movie. From the first attack and kidnap on a dig sight, to globe trotting, to trying constantly get away, this is an enjoyable action/suspense novel I have come to expect from Alex Archer. I really enjoy Annjo and her adventures.
Keziah Wallis
I don't know whether it was this book in particular that failed to hit me or whether I am slightly jaded over the series in general. I know these books are written by house writers and so it is possible that there was something in the way this story was written that just failed to nab me. I also read it over a couple of months which never helps my enjoyment.
Starfire
Dear gods that was a quick read. Total action brain fluff, with what HAS to be the highest body count of any of the instalments so far (AND the singlemost annoying bit-part character) - not to mention a deus ex machina ending.

Yet somehow, I still enjoyed it and sucked in down in under 36 hours. Evidently it was just the kind of escapism I needed!
Kathy Davie
Dave
It was hard to get the feel for the author, it seemed if styles kept changing. So I did some research and learned that Alex Archer is a name for a collection of writers who work collectively on these stories. If you don't mind the subtle changes in style and you like tombraider-like action, then you'll like this.
Jenn
I wish there were more to this book I wanted more!! But well written and a great read. On to the next...
On a side note I listened to this as an audio book on a trip from California to texas, as I passed liberty tx I had a big urge to pull off and see if I could find a fan boat launch at its end!
Schnaucl
Pure popcorn. It reminded me somewhat of Carpe Demon, probably because of the whole orphans raised to fight evil thing, though Annja fights humans rather than demons. It was fine. I don't feel a need to seek out others in the series but I'm not opposed to them either.
Pablo
A bit repetitive and in the end the mystery was not complete resolved.
Mickey Reed
This one was pretty good. Short, but good. It was sad, and a new character emerged, but I don't think she'll stick around. Still no character development, no relationships, just action and adventure.
Claudia
Just completed this book. I feel somehow deflated with the ending.
This book has a heavy diet murder and mayhem,with few characters met along the way live to the end of the story.
Vanda Bromwich
Anja Creed stops the Lost scrolls which tell about the time of Atlantis from falling into the wrong hands. A lot more story and less fighting than some of these books.
Rachel
Not my favourite of Annja's adventures by any means, especially because Roux didn't show up at all and Garin only a little, but not bad.
bluetyson
The Lost Scrolls (Rogue Angel) by Alex Archer (2007)
Pamela
Interesting, quick read - fun series
Shari
Love this series
Sasashb
Sasashb marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
  • Ships from the West (The Monarchies of God, #5)
  • Uprising (Vampire Federation, #1)
  • Nosferatu (Area 51, #8)
  • The Shadow Project (Ben Hope, #5)
  • Blood Contact (Starfist, #4)
  • Out of the Black
  • The Shadows of Grace (The Half-Orcs, #4)
  • Threshold (Boundary, #2)
  • October Skies
  • Clan Daughter (Queen of the Orcs, #2)
  • The Secret of the Keepers: Kailmeyra's Strength (Kailmeyra, #2)
  • Infamous
  • The Chick is in the Mail (Chicks in Chainmail, #4)
  • Ryder On The Storm
  • Shadow of the Sheikh (Immortal Sheikhs #2)
  • The Great Egyptian Grave Robbery (Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #2)
  • Blood of the Mantis (Shadows of the Apt, #3)
  • Doctor Who and the Pyramids of Mars
A house name for the Rogue Angel series, published by the Harlequin Publishing's Gold Eagle division.

The first eight novels were written by Victor Milan and Mel Odom. New writers joining the series starting with book nine include Jon Merz and Joseph Nassise.
More about Alex Archer...
Destiny (Rogue Angel #1) Solomon's Jar (Rogue Angel #2) The Spider Stone (Rogue Angel #3) The Chosen (Rogue Angel #4) Forbidden City (Rogue Angel #5)