Start by marking “Of Blood and Sorrow (Tamara Hayle, #8)” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Of Blood and Sorrow

Valerie Wilson Wesley

Of Blood and Sorrow (Tamara Hayle #8)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Valerie Wilson Wesley’s private investigator, Tamara Hayle, whom the Houston Chronicle calls “smart, sexy, tough but tender,” has earned enthusiastic acclaim from reviewers and readers alike. Now Newark, New Jersey’s savviest detective confronts the one case she never saw coming–and discovers how ties that bind can easily become a noose.

Tamara Hayle can’t believe that her...more
Audio CD, Library Edition, Unabridged
Published (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Of Blood and Sorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of Blood and Sorrow

Kathleen Hagen

Of Blood and Sorrow, by Valerie Wilson Wesley, A-minus, narrated by Patricia Floyd, produced by Recorded Books, downloaded from audible.com.

Crime-fighting private eye, Tamara Hayle is having a slow season in mid summer. She is in her spare office in the poorer part of town. The air conditioner is broken so she has her office door open. And who should come walking in but someone she knew in her past and never hoped to see again-Lila Love. Lila had been married to, and divorced a soldier returning...more
Donna Bennett
This is the eighth installment of the popular Tamara Hayle series by Valerie Wilson Wesley. Tamara Hayle is a Private Detective that has a leisurely, `home-girl' way of unveiling a mystery. She’s a character with flaws but that makes her feel real.

This was a book club selection and my first read of her series. I would have liked to have read “Where Evil Sleeps” to be completely caught up on the characters and their past. My favorite characters were the mysteriously sexy Basil Dupre and Tamara's...more
Glenda
I read this author once many years ago, but don't remember being that impressed. I'm not really a mystery book reader, so I was really surprised how much I enjoyed this book. Great characters and storyline. I found myself talking to the characters trying to warn them or telling them when they did something stupid. The mark of a truly good book. It really drew me in and left me wanting more. I think I may be a fan of "who done its" now or at least this author.
Aleeda
I typically love these stories, which introduce me to a town so close, but still worlds away. Though I read the novel in one sitting, it is the weakest of the series. I will, however, continue to read them, as African American mystery writers are few and far between.
Gwendolyn Dabney
I got the audible version of this book and listened to it in the 7 plus hours that it took to finish, and loved every minute. I've read all the other Tamara Hayle mysteries and enjoyed them all. This one didn't disappoint.
Liz Lenz
Listened to the audiobook of this and it made it enjoyable. Even laughed a few times. I might have liked her previous novels better had I the audiobooks been available.
Malika
I was worried after reading a soft review of the book, but actually it was fairly good. Not a "complicated" mystery, but a fast and enjoyable read.
Debra Odom
Her mystery books remind me of Walter Mosley's books. This book had me guessing as to whom the culprit was.
Gabrielle
One of the best mystery series I've read this one was the best put of the whole series
Margaux
Amelia
Amelia added it
Sep 17, 2014
Cynthia Gause
Cynthia Gause marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Rorikitty
Rorikitty marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Cj
Cj is currently reading it
Jun 13, 2014
L.Payne
L.Payne marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Trekbabe
Trekbabe is currently reading it
May 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Valerie Wilson Wesley is an African-American author of mysteries, adult-theme novels, and children's books,[1] and a former executive editor of Essence magazine. She is the author of the Tamara Hayle mystery series. Her writings, both fiction and non-fiction, have also appeared in numerous publications, including Essence, Family Circle, TV Guide, Ms., The New York Times, and the Swiss weekly magaz...more
More about Valerie Wilson Wesley...
Ain't Nobody's Business If I Do When Death Comes Stealing (Tamara Hayle, #1) Devil's Gonna Get Him (Tamara Hayle, #2) Where Evil Sleeps (Tamara Hayle, #3) No Hiding Place (Tamara Hayle, #4)