Start by marking “Of Blood and Sorrow (Tamara Hayle, #8)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Of Blood and Sorrow

Valerie Wilson Wesley

Of Blood and Sorrow (Tamara Hayle #8)

3.94  ·  Rating Details  ·  162 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Valerie Wilson Wesley’s private investigator, Tamara Hayle, whom the Houston Chronicle calls “smart, sexy, tough but tender,” has earned enthusiastic acclaim from reviewers and readers alike. Now Newark, New Jersey’s savviest detective confronts the one case she never saw coming–and discovers how ties that bind can easily become a noose.

Tamara Hayle can’t believe that her
Audio CD, Library Edition, Unabridged
Published (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Of Blood and Sorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of Blood and Sorrow

Kathleen Hagen

Of Blood and Sorrow, by Valerie Wilson Wesley, A-minus, narrated by Patricia Floyd, produced by Recorded Books, downloaded from audible.com.

Crime-fighting private eye, Tamara Hayle is having a slow season in mid summer. She is in her spare office in the poorer part of town. The air conditioner is broken so she has her office door open. And who should come walking in but someone she knew in her past and never hoped to see again-Lila Love. Lila had been married to, and divorced a soldier returning
Donna Bennett
This is the eighth installment of the popular Tamara Hayle series by Valerie Wilson Wesley. Tamara Hayle is a Private Detective that has a leisurely, `home-girl' way of unveiling a mystery. She’s a character with flaws but that makes her feel real.

This was a book club selection and my first read of her series. I would have liked to have read “Where Evil Sleeps” to be completely caught up on the characters and their past. My favorite characters were the mysteriously sexy Basil Dupre and Tamara's
Lethea
Tamara Hayle was more concerned about the life if her son than anything else. Her past demons come to threaten Tamara into getting her baby back. Yes, it's Lilah Love, the same woman from her trip in Jamaica. Unbeknownst to Tamara she had a baby but her sister took the baby and won't give it back.

I love Tamara Hayle. She's so cool and calm but tries to give people the benefit of the doubt. This story was wrapped around a baby, Baby Dal, and four people lost their lives over her. There is one cha
Glenda
Sep 09, 2012 Glenda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this author once many years ago, but don't remember being that impressed. I'm not really a mystery book reader, so I was really surprised how much I enjoyed this book. Great characters and storyline. I found myself talking to the characters trying to warn them or telling them when they did something stupid. The mark of a truly good book. It really drew me in and left me wanting more. I think I may be a fan of "who done its" now or at least this author.
Arlene
Feb 07, 2016 Arlene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: readsoullit

Such a great ending to an eight book series. Too bad she won't be writing anymore. Tamara Hayle has enticed me again and this mystery had me guessing right till the very end. It was a sad story but ended on a good note. Awesome series that in will revisit again.
Aleeda
Aug 11, 2011 Aleeda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I typically love these stories, which introduce me to a town so close, but still worlds away. Though I read the novel in one sitting, it is the weakest of the series. I will, however, continue to read them, as African American mystery writers are few and far between.
Gwendolyn Dabney
I got the audible version of this book and listened to it in the 7 plus hours that it took to finish, and loved every minute. I've read all the other Tamara Hayle mysteries and enjoyed them all. This one didn't disappoint.
Liz Lenz
Listened to the audiobook of this and it made it enjoyable. Even laughed a few times. I might have liked her previous novels better had I the audiobooks been available.
Malika
Aug 08, 2011 Malika rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was worried after reading a soft review of the book, but actually it was fairly good. Not a "complicated" mystery, but a fast and enjoyable read.
Debra Odom
Nov 13, 2013 Debra Odom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Her mystery books remind me of Walter Mosley's books. This book had me guessing as to whom the culprit was.
Gabrielle
Jan 19, 2013 Gabrielle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
One of the best mystery series I've read this one was the best put of the whole series
Margaux
Apr 27, 2010 Margaux marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended by Gloria & Judge Bransford
Heywu
Nov 13, 2009 Heywu marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
BOT
Eryn
Eryn rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2016
Jackie Easley
Jackie Easley marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
CC
CC added it
Jan 31, 2016
Karen Reynolds
Karen Reynolds is currently reading it
Jan 27, 2016
Shawn
Shawn rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Renee Parker
Renee Parker marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Danielle Watson
Danielle Watson marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Brittany Corprew
Brittany Corprew rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Beiza
Beiza added it
Dec 21, 2015
TR
TR added it
Dec 11, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Yolanda Nhili
Yolanda Nhili marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Max
Max rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2015
Luschus Beth
Luschus Beth marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
  • Shadows Still Remain
  • From Cape Town with Love (Tennyson Hardwick, #3)
  • Brass Ankle Blues: A Novel
  • Resurrecting Mingus
  • A Woman's Worth
  • A Dangerous Road (Smokey Dalton, #1)
  • Harlem Redux
  • Deceit
  • The Itch
  • The Caretaker
  • You Gotta Sin to Get Saved
  • Easy Innocence (Georgia Davis, #1)
  • The Kind One
  • Six Easy Pieces (Easy Rawlins #8)
  • Would I Lie to You? (Nappily, #2)
  • Too Close For Comfort
  • The Fault Tree
  • Somebody Else's Man
Valerie Wilson Wesley is an African-American author of mysteries, adult-theme novels, and children's books,[1] and a former executive editor of Essence magazine. She is the author of the Tamara Hayle mystery series. Her writings, both fiction and non-fiction, have also appeared in numerous publications, including Essence, Family Circle, TV Guide, Ms., The New York Times, and the Swiss weekly magaz ...more
More about Valerie Wilson Wesley...

Tamara Hayle (8 books)
  • When Death Comes Stealing (Tamara Hayle, #1)
  • Devil's Gonna Get Him (Tamara Hayle, #2)
  • Where Evil Sleeps (Tamara Hayle, #3)
  • No Hiding Place (Tamara Hayle, #4)
  • Easier to Kill (Tamara Hayle, #5)
  • The Devil Riding (Tamara Hayle, #6)
  • Dying in the Dark (Tamara Hayle, #7)