Start by marking “Who Loves the Little Lamb?” as Want to Read:
Who Loves the Little Lamb?

Who Loves the Little Lamb?

From dawn till after day is done,
Mama loves her little one.

A fussy lamb is crying, but her mama dries her tears.
A noisy bird is chirping, so his mama gently sweetens his song.
A sleepy kangaroo is fading, and her mama carries her in her safe, cozy pouch.

Even when kids are not at their best-no matter what, no matter when-mothers love their little ones. Lezlie Evans's soothin
Published January 5th 2010 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Who Loves the Little Lamb?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Loves the Little Lamb?

Ami
Apr 18, 2010 Ami rated it it was amazing
My aunt wrote this book so I automatically love it. Even if I didn't know her I would still love it~ It's a sweet children's book with great art work.
Jen Evans
Jan 30, 2010 Jen Evans rated it it was amazing
We LOVE this book. Each page is adorable, with matching delight in the text. We had to add it to our library.
Shannon Kitchen
Feb 25, 2010 Shannon Kitchen rated it really liked it
An adorable book illustrated by David McPhail that reminds us that mothers love their babies no matter what.
Kimmie G
Mar 09, 2010 Kimmie G rated it really liked it
Very sweet with beautiful watercolor illustrations
Sabrina Tops
Jan 01, 2010 Sabrina Tops rated it it was amazing
this book is amazing. my children ask me to read this to them every night before they go bed.
Eva Leger
Jan 11, 2011 Eva Leger rated it really liked it
Shelves: julias-books
I think I'd give this a 4.5 if I could. I agree with the reviewer who said this would make a great gift for a baby shower/childs birthday. It definitely would and the thought hadn't occured to me.
I love books like this. This sort of book makes up some of my favorite all-time childrens books. It's just an awesome thing to read about a mother's love for her baby - through it all - no matter what.
This ends with a mother hugging her little boy but all of the "parents and children" before that are
Kelsey
Jan 28, 2016 Kelsey rated it really liked it
Who Loves the Little Lamb is a classic little storybook feeling story about the basic love of a mother. Throughout the story who go through various scenarios of animal character kids making mistakes. And with every turned page, the child is being reassured that their mother's love is infinite and they will always have them there. Ending with a human little boy asking his mother if it is true that she will love him no matter the circumstance, where he is then reassured that indeed she will.
I th
Carrie Hill
Mar 28, 2010 Carrie Hill added it
Recommends it for: all mothers old and new
Recommended to Carrie by: Myself
This book is definitely a fantastic gift for Mother's Day or a baby shower gift! As a mother of three young children myself, I found it to be one of the sweetest ways to reaffirm "teaching through kind persuasion" for small children and their mothers. Lezlie has a great way of making sure all of her books share the recurring theme of patience and love. David McPhail's illustrations in this book, reflect a real understanding on Lezlie's behalf, of how nature is an integral part of teaching childr ...more
Saunders Awards
Jun 13, 2016 Saunders Awards rated it really liked it
Shelves: age-3, age-4
This book can be used as a good reminder to young children that their parents love them all the time, no matter what the child is struggling with. Where it falls a little short is by using some shaming labels (e.g.: "naughty"), and focusing so exclusively on children's struggles. I think the accidents and "misbehaviors" would be better normalized if mixed with successes. Where this book falls a lot short is by completely ignoring fathers.
Alice
Sep 18, 2013 Alice rated it liked it
I probably never would have picked up this book but one of our library Patrons said that this was her daughter, so I had to give it a try. This is a book about how mom's love their kids even when they are annoying and bad. It is as sweet little book, not anything super duper amazing, but it would be a great bed time story, or to talk about mother's unconditional love.
Rosalie
May 27, 2013 Rosalie rated it really liked it
This is such a sweet book. I love that the animals are not your typical cat, dog and mouse, but include a boar, a kid, and a wildebeest. The rhyme is simple and sweet and it is just such a good reminder to me as mama to use kind words even when my little ones are in trouble so they know I love them no matter what. We don't buy a lot of books, but this one is definitely on my wishlist.
Jess Brown
This book demonstrates that no matter what a child does, the parent always loves them. Really cute, simple text, and features a range of animals from a kangaroo to a wildebeest! Best for toddlers and preschoolers.
Anna
Apr 25, 2011 Anna rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
Super sweet pictures and a gentle rhyme. This momma loves to read this one to her little lamb. I'm not one for buying books, so we checked this out from the library. Now I feel like I need to start a wishlist of books to add to our home library.
Tina Bartholoma
Jul 20, 2010 Tina Bartholoma rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
animal mother and child,
Nicole
Nov 08, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: animals, behavior
Baby animals who are grouchy or misbehave wonder who could love them, and are reassured that mama always loves baby no matter what baby says or does. A timely read for Audrey and me.
Rachel
Jun 28, 2016 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: laurie-books
I loved this little book. Such sweet sentiments....each picture showing how a mommas love is never ending. I wish I would've gotten one of these for each of my Children when they were small.
Cara
Jul 10, 2012 Cara rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
I don't usually take the time to add children's stories, unless I want to remember them. This one's a keeper. Good reminder for mom and kids.
Pinky
Pinky rated it liked it
May 23, 2013
Bonnie
Bonnie rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2014
Ruth Ann
Ruth Ann rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2011
Marissa García
Marissa García rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2015
Amanda Hamilton
Amanda Hamilton rated it really liked it
Jun 17, 2010
Mary Librarian
Feb 03, 2010 Mary Librarian rated it liked it
Kristen Wight
Kristen Wight rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2014
Deb Reddy
Deb Reddy rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2014
Kimbrely
Kimbrely rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2010
Sara Lemonade
Sara Lemonade rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2014
Libbyvine Vine
Libbyvine Vine rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2015
Megmerrilies
Megmerrilies rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2013
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Reaffirming Ways For Moms to Say, "I am right here for you!" 1 4 Mar 28, 2010 02:53PM