Start by marking “Hulk - Volume 3: Hulk No More” as Want to Read:
Hulk - Volume 3: Hulk No More

Hulk - Volume 3: Hulk No More (Hulk (II) #3)

2.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  216 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
SC, TPB, in cello, New, Written by JEPH LOEB. Art and cover by ED MCGUINNESS. Published in February of 2010, Softcover, 128 pages, full color. Cover price $15.99.
Published February 24th 2010 by Marvel (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Hulk - Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hulk - Volume 3

Anne
Worth reading to see how Banner gets de-Hulked, but to get to it you have to wade through a pretty cheesy story with Namor, Silver Surfer, and Dr. Strange. I know, with those three headlining a story you'd think it would be good. It's not.
Jon M
Feb 23, 2014 Jon M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In a world long ago, Bruce Banner controlled the Hulk's body with Bruce Banner's mind. No longer did he have no control over his actions. And he was in love with a woman-hulk or something like that named Jarella and they lived in peace in a castle of some sort with a bunch of noble subjects with green skin, just like them. And Hulk ruled this place and they were all, as a Hulk-like race, were a big happy Hulk-family. Until one day a giant hand came down, out of no where, in the sky, and grabbed ...more
Matt Anderson
Aug 23, 2011 Matt Anderson rated it liked it
Brian Rosenberger
The Hulk, Dr. Strange, the Surfer, Namor, Baron Mordo, Tiger Shark, Terrax, the Red Hulk, Grandmaster, and the Collector is a pretty good line up. Plus Galactus, Dormammu, and the Psycho Man even put in appearances. It's the standard contest of the Elders of the Universe playing a game of super human chess. I never get tired of it. Terrax should have his own series. I'm always pleased to see Tiger Shark in his orginal costume. Give him one of the trillion Wolverine books. A lot of people piss on ...more
kamau buffalo
Nov 27, 2015 kamau buffalo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Great action... Very interesting story. We are looking forward to reading the rest of the books in this series. Recommended for Marvel visionaries like me!
Martin
Jul 24, 2012 Martin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
The 3-parter that kicks off this collection is all but pointless in the grand "Who is the Red Hulk?" mystery/scheme. It's okay, but nothing to write home about. 2 stars.

The uncontested STAR of this collection is HULK #600. Not only do we get more pieces of the Red Hulk puzzle, we also:

(1) find out about the BAD Doc Samson (more pieces of THAT puzzle are given to us in subsequent volumes), and

(2) Bruce Banner gets de-powered by Red Hulk and Hulk is NO MORE. What does that mean for Banner? 4 stars
Lloyd
May 10, 2012 Lloyd rated it liked it
Here we are. Another volume of Loeb's Hulk run, another volume of Hollywood action movie fare. It may be fun, but at the end, it's all but meaningless...

This one was a bit different from the previous two volumes, though. Along with the high action, low substance stories, we got a bit more of a look at the Red Hulk and an A-Bomb/Banner story that ended the volume with a bit of meaning.

The art is again stellar, with Ed McGuinness retaking the regular reins. His art has been the saving grace of the
Eric
Decent collection. Lots of Hulks smashing. As always, Marvel abuses the time travel motif, but I rolled with it.
Jeff
Mar 09, 2013 Jeff rated it it was ok
Loeb's uninspired take on the Hulk continues, as Hulk and his former teammates from the defenders are called upon to fight some of their most lethal enemies by the Grandmaster. Like the Red Hulk storyline, this means generally just pages and pages of combat. McGuinness' art, which worked so well on titles like Deadpool, is wasted here, where everyone is just muscle piled on top of muscle. It feels cramped and unenjoyable.

The backup stories with Spider-Man and Rick Jones are far more readable tha
Fizzgig76
Reprints Hulk #10-13 and Incredible Hulk #600. The Hulk and Red Hulk are pulled into a game between the Collector and Gamesmaster, and Bruce Banner finds he might be rid of the Hulk. The Hulk series is pretty bad at this point. It tries to be funny (it isn't), it isn't very action packed, and all the characters seem really out of character. The "mystery" of the Red Hulk is a mystery that no one seems to really care about (and they pretty much ignore in this collection).
Leah
Aug 05, 2011 Leah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Incredible Hulk series has not been as good lately as it has in years, but this spin-off title is actually really interesting, and this volume has an excellent story. Despite the unoriginality of the plotline, the comic still provided a fresh spin on the dynamic Banner/Hulk story. Highly recommended, but you may need to do some background reading to fully appreciate the characters and some of the plot, although it is not necessary to the main story.
M
Jul 31, 2011 M rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loeb decides to use a bit of fandom in this collection, pitting the Hulk and his Defenders crew against the Red Hulk and their opposite numbers. Pulled from various times, a Smart Hulk tackles Red Hulk, the free Silver Surfer battles a bloodthirsty Terrax, the blue-faced Doctor Strange matches up with Baron Mordo, and ornery Namor goes up against Tiger Shark. Despite the classic "gamesmanship" of the Marvel tale, it provides a good look at the Offenders!
Jason
Jul 08, 2012 Jason rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was pretty excited to read this volume. I'm a huge Defenders fan, and the idea of them fighting the evil equivalents of them was too good to pass up. The execution of this, however, was disappointing. In fact, the only issue I really liked out of this was the Ben Urich issue.

Overall, Hulk No More wasn't bad...it just could have been much better.
J.
Dec 20, 2011 J. rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Standard comics silliness. A lot of fighting, trying to impress me with whose the toughest, and a typical comic-book ending that goes negates everything that happened. Loeb's Hulk series is just terrible--the ONLY promising thing is the question of who the Red Hulk is, and there appears to be no addressing that issue any time soon.
Pturingan
Aug 21, 2011 Pturingan rated it did not like it
Shelves: comics, superhero
I bought this because the front and back covers featuring the original Defenders and their counterparts made it look promising. And it was cheap.

I got what I paid for.

I don't know why I continue to bother with this series. I no longer care to find out who the Red Hulk is.
Trey
Sep 16, 2010 Trey rated it did not like it
The main story was one of those "pluck people from the time stream and return them with no memory of what just occurred" events, so nothing of substance really happened. The best part was when Spider-Man quipped, "Time to make like a couple of hockey sticks and get the puck out of here."
Shannon Appelcline
Taken as an action adventure, this volume rather surprisingly does not suck. (Perhaps the previous two volumes just lowered my standards.) There's actually a bit of plot advancement and some interesting storytelling amidst the fighting.
Nicolas
Jul 26, 2011 Nicolas rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This series started strong, but it's getting a little too erratic for me. It jumps around a lot and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of plot. I mean it's Hulk so i expected a lot of "smashing," but still...
Andres
Jun 05, 2012 Andres rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Who is the red hulk? Volume one does not answer this, neither thus volume 2 or 3.

This volume lost a star since there were extras that did not fit the series. This volume did not stick to the story.
TJ Shelby
Jan 17, 2011 TJ Shelby rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvel
Below-average artwork and a storyline that has been played as many times as a Black Eyed Peas song. Major disappointment. Where is the good Jeph Loeb at? I haven't seen him in a few years.
Nick
Sep 03, 2012 Nick rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
I would have given this three stars, but the first story and the continued mary sue story telling involving Red Hulk knocked it down.
Camille
Nov 07, 2010 Camille rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
just looking at the cast, this could have been great. only one moment for me cosmic red hulk on surfer's board.
James
Jun 24, 2010 James rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Its cheesy ass stories like this that confirm that comic books are written for children. Thanks again Loeb.
Adhitia Adrian
Nov 23, 2010 Adhitia Adrian rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic-novel
parah buruk banget. cerita ngga jelas. full action asal-asalan.
Charles
Aug 14, 2011 Charles rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Meh.
Richard Kolivoski
Richard Kolivoski marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Tom Meehan
Tom Meehan rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Jakob
Jakob rated it it was ok
Jan 31, 2016
Michael Unterberg
Michael Unterberg rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Chris Flynn
Chris Flynn rated it did not like it
Jan 20, 2016
  • Spider-Man: American Son
  • Shadowland: Daredevil
  • House of M: Incredible Hulk
  • The Punisher by Greg Rucka, Vol. 1
Joseph "Jeph" Loeb III is an Emmy and WGA nominated American film and television writer, producer and award-winning comic book writer. Loeb was a Co-Executive Producer on the NBC hit show Heroes, and formerly a producer/writer on the TV series Smallville and Lost.

A four-time Eisner Award winner and five-time Wizard Fan Awards winner (see below), Loeb's comic book career includes work on many major
More about Jeph Loeb...

Hulk (II) (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Hulk, Vol. 1: Red Hulk
  • Hulk, Vol. 2: Red and Green
  • Hulk, Vol. 4: Hulk vs. X-Force
  • Hulk, Vol. 5: Fall of the Hulks
  • Hulk, Vol. 6: World War Hulks
  • Red Hulk: Scorched Earth
  • Red Hulk: Planet Red Hulk (Hulk Vol. II, #8)
  • Fear Itself: Hulk