Start by marking “A Distant Tomorrow (World of Hetar #2)” as Want to Read:
A Distant Tomorrow (World of Hetar #2)

A Distant Tomorrow (World of Hetar #2)

4.04  ·  Rating Details ·  1,059 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
My dear reader-- Five years have now passed since the Winter War between the Outlands and Hetar. But Gaius Prospero has not given up his scheme to become emperor, and unexpected tragedy causes Lara to once again heed the pull of her destiny. Finding herself across the sea in a secret new world known as Terah, she discovers that her magical abilities grow greater with each ...more
Trade Paperback, 539 pages
Published April 1st 2007 by Harlequin Books (first published May 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about A Distant Tomorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Distant Tomorrow

Fires of Winter by Johanna LindseyRescued by the Buccaneer by Normandie AllemanThe Wolf and the Dove by Kathleen E. WoodiwissA Rose in Winter by Kathleen E. WoodiwissThe Flame and the Flower by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss
Historical Romances with Kidnapped/Sold/Captive Heroine
98th out of 114 books — 121 voters
Lord of the Fading Lands by C.L. WilsonWarprize by Elizabeth VaughanPoison Study by Maria V. SnyderLady of Light and Shadows by C.L. WilsonThe Golden Dynasty by Kristen Ashley
Fantasy Romance
325th out of 448 books — 702 voters

More lists with this book...

Goofy fantasy-romance schlock with lolzy cliches (talking horses, singing swords, tree-hugging faeries, etc), uneven worldbuilding, & stilted dialogue -- i.e., the same as #1. :P There's not as much action as the first, but I still enjoyed it. This entire story cycle is campy tripe of the lowest order, yet there's something about it that grabs me. *shrug*

On a more in-depth note...

Alas, I much prefer Vartan as the leading man. Magnus is stupidly jealous of any male who so much as talks to La
Robin
I think I liked this a bit more than the first book in the series, LARA. In this entry, Lara's destiny calls to her again, telling her it's time to get a move on. Her husband has just been murdered by his brother, and Lara leaves her young children with his cousin and his wife, and begins her travels once more. She winds up in the Coastal Kingdoms, where she learns about another land across the sea, called Terah, whose goods the Coastal Kingdoms trade for and then sell in Hetar. Next thing you ...more
Linette
May 26, 2012 Linette rated it really liked it
Loved reading more of Lara and Magnus! They are hilarious together.
And this was definitely a compelling sequel to Lara which was also amazing!
As I mentioned before, I think I like Magnus more than Varden(sorry!) He's so funny! And gets way more jealous than Varden did. Speaking of Varden, that really was sad. I like Varden, but Magnus is amazing too.

Dillon: Wow, Lara really has a valuable treasure in that boy. In this book, you will find he is very mature for his age. And so like his mother.

Te
Tehemamma

I admit it. I skimmed the end. I've never taken so long to read a Beatrice Small book. I didn't know she was capable of writing a boring story, but I soooo need a break from Hetar and Lara. Small could fling this girl off a cliff for no apparent plot reason and start telling the book from the point of view of the female talking horse and I wouldn't mind. It might actually be more interesting.
Julie
Sep 14, 2009 Julie rated it liked it
Five long and peaceful years have passed since the Winter War the people of the Outlands fought and won against the greedy nation of Hetar. But Gaius Prospero has not given up his scheme to become emperor, and after an unexpected and tragic blow the Fairy woman Lara is pulled towards her distant and elusive destiny once again.

Unexpectedly Lara finds herself in a distant land across the sea know as Terah where with her newfound powers she manages to banish an evil curse and earns the love and ado
Connie V.Jones
Sep 06, 2016 Connie V.Jones rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Captivating

This is a true sexual and just as captivating as the first! I can't wait to buy the 3rd book.
Liz
This is the second book of the World of Hetar. I like Lara she is strong and willfull character. Lara ends up going to Terah and helps the Terahn men with an ancient curse. I do have to admit I kept reading and wondering what the heck was wrong with the men and in the end was satisfied with how the curse was solved. Good book and good imagination by Bertrice Small. I love the characters and tales she spins within the magic world. She's very imaginative and keeps you guessing.
Lindsey
Sep 18, 2012 Lindsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Other then the fact that I thought it was a bit strange that Lara wasn't very effected by Vartan's death, I thought that this was a great story. The repetition from the first book wasn't as dominant in this book which really helped. I love the way that Lara just excepts every situation that she is thrown in and makes the best of it. She makes great changes in the world by accepting her fate and doing what she can to make things better.
Robin Higgins
I am totally involved in the Hetar series. I finished the 2nd book over the weekend and it was very good. I like Magnus Hauk. Very resilent character. Also Lara's children from Vartan were put into context with living with the Fiacre. I so like how as the story progresses and changes we still are in the same world. And I really like faerieposts. Very handy.
Heather
Mar 29, 2009 Heather rated it it was ok
I loved the first one but this one got a little boring. There were never any real conflicts. The solutions to every problem came way too easy. That may sound silly I guess but I would have liked to see the character Lara actually have to solve a problem and not have everything happen so easily for her. There was a magical solution to absolutely everything!
Athena Ninlil
Aug 28, 2014 Athena Ninlil rated it really liked it
This is a good book and I enjoyed how the world has expanded and there is a larger role besides that of Lara, in the destiny of Hetar, Terah, the Outlands, the Shadow kingdom (which is largely explained in the third book), but at the same time Lara becomes from the strong woman I fell in love with and admired into a mary sue.
Melissa
Lara once again continues on her epic journey of destiny. The second Hetar book does not disappoint. Bertrice Small gives amazingly beautiful descriptions of the locations, people, and objects found in the world of Hetar. Once again I could not get enough and devoured the book wishing desperately for the 3rd one to be released immediately.
Shannon McRoberts
Aug 25, 2012 Shannon McRoberts rated it really liked it
I have read Lara, this one, and the Twilight Lord book in this series and I loved them all. Sometimes a little much on the smut. Just how many times can one have sexual encounters in a day? But overall they are well written and it isn't just a "smut" book as many people like to think anything with any romance in it is!
Jo
Nov 11, 2009 Jo rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-sci-fi
A little slower in parts but overall another great addition to this fantasy world. I liked the addition of the land of Terah & how it functions and how the clever gender politics of "Can't speak vs. can't hear" play out. I'm moving on to book 3 for sure.
Denise
Jul 24, 2011 Denise rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, magical
This was the 2nd book outlining Lara's destiny. She continues on her journey in the world of Hetar. I really enjoyed it. It was long....the next book is $9.99 so I will wait for the kindle price to drop.
Jeff
Mar 29, 2014 Jeff rated it it was ok
Even more repetitive in the sense that characters go on in great detail all about what happened before. It seemed even more distracting in this one than the last. Not sure if I will continue with this series for that very reason.
Sheila Judson
Jul 24, 2008 Sheila Judson rated it really liked it
Kbee
This second book in the serie was as good as the first one.
Lara's up and downs are still captevating.
Couldn't put this one down either!
Miss Small as a hell of an imagination!
Dana
Mar 20, 2012 Dana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lara once again captured my heart. I enjoyed reading her adventures and following her in her destiny. I loved the ending and I am looking foward to what is next in store for Lara.
Lexus
Sep 03, 2014 Lexus rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was so good! I think the books World of Hetar is going to favorite series of 2014. I'll write a whole review after finish all the books.
Sylvie Bourque
Sylvie Bourque rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2014
Leslie Erkman
Leslie Erkman rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2012
Christianna Nelson
Christianna Nelson rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2013
julieanne Yost
julieanne Yost rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Waris
Waris rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2011
Katy
Katy rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2016
Taralee Stewart
Taralee Stewart rated it liked it
Jan 17, 2012
Chrissy Paluba
Chrissy Paluba rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2014
Diane Leavitt
Diane Leavitt rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2007
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Aug 22, 2015 04:11PM
  • The Secret of the Keepers (Kailmeyra Book 2)
  • Rampant (Little Goddess, #4)
  • Queen of Song and Souls (Tairen Soul, #4)
  • Ryder On The Storm
  • Double Enchantment (Relics of Merlin, #2)
  • Shadows of Camelot (Merlin's Legacy, #4)
  • The Star Witch (Fyne Witches, #3)
  • The Emerald Staff (Custodian Novel, #2)
  • Immortal Desires (Well of Souls, #1)
  • The Marriage Prize (Medieval Plantagenet, #3)
  • The Bewitched Viking (Viking  I, #4)
  • Highland Magic (Highland Dream, #3)
  • Sword of Flame (Artefacts of Power, #3)
  • Spur of the Moment (Bronwyn Chase, #1)
  • Vampires Not Invited (Night Tracker, #3)
  • Talon of the Unnamed Goddess
  • Daniel and the Angel (Christmas in the City, #1)
Bertrice Williams was born on December 9, 1937 in Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA, the daughter of Doris S. and David R. Williams, both broadcasters. She studied at Attended Western College for Women and Katharine Gibbs Secretarial School. On October 5, 1963, she married George Sumner Small, a photographer and designer with a History Major at Princeton. They had a son Thomas David. She has ...more
More about Bertrice Small...

World of Hetar (6 books)
  • Lara (World of Hetar #1)
  • The Twilight Lord (World of Hetar #3)
  • The Sorceress of Belmair (World of Hetar #4)
  • The Shadow Queen (World of Hetar #5)
  • Crown of Destiny (World of Hetar #6)