Start by marking “The Sleep Sheep. Anna McQuinn and Hannah Shaw” as Want to Read:
The Sleep Sheep. Anna McQuinn and Hannah Shaw

The Sleep Sheep. Anna McQuinn and Hannah Shaw

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Sylvie wants to count the sheep so that she can finally fall asleep, but how can she if they won't stay still? Dancing, skating, swimming sheep--it's exhausting keeping up with them!"You're exasperating, Sylvie," her mother says. "I'm not trying to be exasperating, Mommy," Sylvie replies, "I just can't sleep!" "Why don't you try counting sheep?" her mom suggests. So Sylvie ...more
Published April 1st 2010 by Chicken House (first published March 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Sleep Sheep. Anna McQuinn and Hannah Shaw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sleep Sheep. Anna McQuinn and Hannah Shaw

Lisa
An adorable book about a little girl who just cannot get to sleep. Her parents try everything, and finally give up and tell her to count sheep. She has a hard time with this though, because those darn sheep won't hold still long enough for her to count them. Very cute and my kids loved it :).
Ashley
2010- Fantasy In this book, Sylvie is having a hard time falling asleep. Her mother suggests that she tries to count sheep. However, the sheep do not seem to want to cooperate with Sylvie and they take her on a good adventure.
Marie
This book is fun and frantic and exactly how my brain works if I try to count sheep! Children will laugh at the sheep hijinks and will, most certainly, learn the word "exasperating." I look forward to doing this with Bookworms.
Tricia
Endearing sheep help Sylvie go to sleep after she's exhausted trying to keep up with them. Nice selection for preschool age storytime...especially if there is a sheep, beach or bedtime theme involved.
Nathan Willard
Very entertaining story about a girl's adventures with the sheep she is trying to count in an attempt to fall asleep. Including a trip to a beach and sheep on a sailboat.
Heather Richard
Completely adorable!! I know the feeling of wanting your children to go to sleep, and this story is right on the money!
Niki (Daydream Reader)
The Sleep Sheep is a really cute book which my son Sam enjoyed. It has really fun pictures and is a great bedtime story.
Tracy
This is wonderful, nice twist on counting sheep book.
Danica Midlil
Yet another illustrator who can't accurately draw knitting.
Heather
Not a new concept, but very well executed and rather funny.
Teresa
author of Lola at the Library- a favorite!
Mckinley
Help getting to sleep with sheep can take awhile.
Thia
Dec 04, 2012 Thia added it
Shelves: school-visit
funny, bedtime, a little long, vocab
Kelly Ford
Kelly Ford marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Paul
Paul added it
Sep 18, 2014
Rachel
Rachel added it
Sep 17, 2014
Jessie Dae
Jessie Dae marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Eric Andrews
Eric Andrews is currently reading it
Jul 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
I am so lucky to spend my time working with books and stories. I work one day a week running groups for babies, toddlers and their parents at a local library; I spend two days a week writing and six days a week as publisher at the tiny independent publisher, Alanna Books.
In my spare time, I read - what a wonderful life!
There are some Children's Books on my shelves (obviously) but for a more compr
More about Anna McQuinn...
Lola at the Library Lola Loves Stories Lola Reads to Leo Leo Loves Baby Time Lola Plants a Garden