Start by marking “The Sleep Sheep. Anna McQuinn and Hannah Shaw” as Want to Read:
The Sleep Sheep. Anna McQuinn and Hannah Shaw

The Sleep Sheep. Anna McQuinn and Hannah Shaw

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  66 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Sylvie wants to count the sheep so that she can finally fall asleep, but how can she if they won't stay still? Dancing, skating, swimming sheep--it's exhausting keeping up with them!"You're exasperating, Sylvie," her mother says. "I'm not trying to be exasperating, Mommy," Sylvie replies, "I just can't sleep!" "Why don't you try counting sheep?" her mom suggests. So Sylvie ...more
Published April 1st 2010 by Chicken House (first published March 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Sleep Sheep. Anna McQuinn and Hannah Shaw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sleep Sheep. Anna McQuinn and Hannah Shaw

Brendan Howard
Feb 09, 2015 Brendan Howard rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-zahara
I really liked this one. It was a little rambunctious and irreverent, but kind. And the sheep for a little crazy before tricking the little girl, sort of, into falling asleep. A nice story.
Naomi
May 18, 2015 Naomi rated it liked it
Rambunctious Sylvie has met her match with even more rambunctious sheep. Who will win? What I loved most about this book was the "busyness" on the pages as the sheep got wilder
Lisa
Nov 15, 2010 Lisa rated it really liked it
An adorable book about a little girl who just cannot get to sleep. Her parents try everything, and finally give up and tell her to count sheep. She has a hard time with this though, because those darn sheep won't hold still long enough for her to count them. Very cute and my kids loved it :).
Ashley
Sep 05, 2011 Ashley rated it really liked it
2010- Fantasy In this book, Sylvie is having a hard time falling asleep. Her mother suggests that she tries to count sheep. However, the sheep do not seem to want to cooperate with Sylvie and they take her on a good adventure.
Marie
Jan 04, 2011 Marie rated it really liked it
This book is fun and frantic and exactly how my brain works if I try to count sheep! Children will laugh at the sheep hijinks and will, most certainly, learn the word "exasperating." I look forward to doing this with Bookworms.
Tricia
Aug 17, 2010 Tricia rated it liked it
Endearing sheep help Sylvie go to sleep after she's exhausted trying to keep up with them. Nice selection for preschool age storytime...especially if there is a sheep, beach or bedtime theme involved.
Nathan Willard
Very entertaining story about a girl's adventures with the sheep she is trying to count in an attempt to fall asleep. Including a trip to a beach and sheep on a sailboat.
Heather Richard
Apr 24, 2011 Heather Richard rated it really liked it
Completely adorable!! I know the feeling of wanting your children to go to sleep, and this story is right on the money!
Niki (Daydream Reader)
Apr 21, 2012 Niki (Daydream Reader) rated it really liked it
The Sleep Sheep is a really cute book which my son Sam enjoyed. It has really fun pictures and is a great bedtime story.
Tracy
Dec 13, 2011 Tracy rated it it was amazing
This is wonderful, nice twist on counting sheep book.
Danica Midlil
Yet another illustrator who can't accurately draw knitting.
Heather
Dec 13, 2010 Heather rated it really liked it
Not a new concept, but very well executed and rather funny.
Teresa
Jun 04, 2010 Teresa rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
author of Lola at the Library- a favorite!
Mckinley
Apr 10, 2012 Mckinley rated it liked it
Shelves: picture, heroine, sheep
Help getting to sleep with sheep can take awhile.
Thia
Dec 04, 2012 Thia added it
Shelves: school-visit
funny, bedtime, a little long, vocab
Grace Hampton
Grace Hampton marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
amber
amber rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Robin
Robin added it
Apr 30, 2016
Jaxon Pitzer
Jaxon Pitzer rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Ava Drenth
Ava Drenth rated it it was amazing
Jan 29, 2016
Smita
Smita rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2016
Katie Newton
Katie Newton rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2016
Jason
Jason rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
I am so lucky to spend my time working with books and stories. I work one day a week running groups for babies, toddlers and their parents at a local library; I spend two days a week writing and six days a week as publisher at the tiny independent publisher, Alanna Books.
In my spare time, I read - what a wonderful life!
There are some Children's Books on my shelves (obviously) but for a more compr
More about Anna McQuinn...