Start by marking “Captain America: America First” as Want to Read:
Captain America: America First

Captain America: America First

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  4 reviews
One oversized collection packed with three stories that cover the length and breadth of the larger-than-life legend of Captain America! First up, it's 1944, and wouldn't you know it? Them sneaky Nazis have managed to crack the secrets of electro-magnetic physics... yeah, that's right: apples may fall down in the free world, but schnitzels are falling up in the skies over a ...more
Published June 23rd 2010 by Marvel (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Captain America, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captain America

Thomas Salerno
An anthology of Captain America "one-shot" stories by a number of different writers and artists, similar to Captain America: Theater of War. A decent anthology overall; I am going to review and score each story individually.

1.) "Operation: Zero Point" - In this tale, set during World War II, Captain America must infiltrate a secret Nazi research facility that is building anti-gravity flying saucers powered by "zero-point energy". The art is solid, and the muted colors really help set the mood. T
Relstuart
There are actually three stories here. The first was probably the one I enjoyed the most. A WWII Cap story where he goes behind enemy lines to rescue a scientist trying to defect. Good art and interesting story.

Chaykin's art has never been my fav. This was on sale for four bucks and I picked it up thinking it is unlikely to be collected in omnibus format. Worth the money at that price.
Travis
Collection of one shots featuring Captain America from different points in his history.

The Howard Chaykin story, featuring 50's commie-busting Cap was my favorite.

The rest of the stories are okay, there are no clunkers, but aside from Chaykin's nothing else really grabbed me and impressed me the same way.

Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Rochel Goldblatt
Rochel Goldblatt marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Alex Reynolds
Alex Reynolds marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2015
Joe Wygocki
Joe Wygocki marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Emmanuel Nevers
Emmanuel Nevers marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Matthew Nugent
Matthew Nugent marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Brent
Brent marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Fritz Leiber's Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser Batman: Thrillkiller American Flagg!: Definitive Collection Son of Superman Black Kiss