Start by marking “The Killing Club” as Want to Read:
The Killing Club

The Killing Club

Suspenseful, romantic, and filled with humor, The Killing Club is a mystery written by popular One Life to Live character Marcie Walsh with award-winning writer Michael Malone.
Over a decade ago in the small town of Gloria, New Jersey, feisty, red-headed outcast Jamie Ferraro and eleven friends from Gloria Hart High School started a club. They would come up with ingenious
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published February 15th 2005 by Random House Audio Publishing Group (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Killing Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Killing Club

Michele Brack
Jan 03, 2017 Michele Brack rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Third book of the year is The Killing Club by Marcie Walsh with Michael Malone. This book was something that I picked up at a library sale not too long ago because I liked the title and the cover was all red and black (I know you're not supposed to, but I put a lot of stock in the cover of books I buy). I failed, however, to notice the giant sticker on the cover that emphasizes "As Seen On 'One Life To Live' ABC Daytime"... THAT above anything else might have been a deciding factor in my purchas ...more
Dharia Scarab
Jan 24, 2017 Dharia Scarab rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

4 sta
Persephonie Cole
Actually worth like 2 and a half stars but we'll go ahead and round up. It had good story concepts, but it was not very well written. Characters were pretty one dimensional without much (if any) development and be prepared for a decent amount of murder mystery cliches. Overall not a bad read but I can't say I would recommend it either. If you just want a whodunnit story with potential to leave you surprised this is a good book to pick up and a short read (only 276 pages). If you're picky about p ...more
Sharon
Jan 23, 2017 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book - liked how the plot kept the reader guessing
Jimmy
Oct 14, 2016 Jimmy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
with ridiculous murder methods a quite frankly stupid motive and,unless i do not remember the book correctly, hardly any clue this has to be one of the worst murder mysteries ever wrote
Diana
Dec 27, 2016 Diana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really couldn't get into to this book. It didn't hold my interest. I started couple of months ago. I had to work at it to finish. Didn't like how the main character was treated with no respect, not even by her fiancé.
Cornerofmadness
Amanda Kranick
Dec 19, 2016 Amanda Kranick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the show One Life To Live, so it was nice to read a book based off a part of the show. The Killing Club is something I think most people can relate to, making up scenarios to hurt those who've wronged us. It's an interesting way to murder someone, as you wouldn't think many people would remember silly murders teenagers wrote down a decade ago. The killer isn't someone who you expect, though everyone (for the most part) was guilty of something. I recommend this book to anyone who likes my ...more
Jilly
Jan 27, 2012 Jilly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I was a little skeptical about reading it but I saw it at the library so I picked it up. I kept thinking that while I do watch soaps and in this case I’ve watch OLTL and I know all about the Killing Club on the show and about the book, I wasn’t all that sure I wanted a repeat of the story.

And I didn’t get one. This is about different characters, thankfully, and is really an interesting read though at times the writing confused me but not enough that I hated the book. I actually rather enjoyed it
Roberto Scarlato
May 26, 2009 Roberto Scarlato rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story itself is very original and different in the aspect that a killer is killing the friends in very methodical ways; by actually going off of the deaths that they imagined when they were simple adolescents. The club was founded in an old abandoned theatre, went on for a couple years until each member was never heard from again . . . until one of them died. Jaime, the main character of the story, has a good head on her shoulders, juggling her handicapped father and her rogue brother, all w ...more
Lorraine
A few weeks ago, I visited a used bookstore that is affiliated with my local library and purchased this book, which was cancelled (it is no longer in demand). I thought it was pretty good, even though it clearly needed numerous edits!

The Killing Club revolves around former high school club members, who, when in high school, dreamed up ways of killing those they didn't like. While I don't advocate this concept, the murders that occurred in the novel were based on the students' fantasies.

As a for
Chantel
May 06, 2015 Chantel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
7 sound discs (72 min. each) Novel attributed to fictitious soap opera character but I didn't know that when I read it. From a popular One Life to Live daytime character, Marcie Walsh, comes a debut mystery, The Killing Club, as told to acclaimed One Life to Live writer Michael Malone. On the show, Marcie Walsh will be seen writing the novel about a spunky female detective who as a teenager had created a "killing club" with her friends--it's sole purpose being to devise ways in which they could ...more
P.D. Martin
The Killing Club has a very interesting premise at its heart...

A young police detective (Jamie Ferrara) is called to the death of one of her high school friends. While it's initially ruled an accidental death, the heroine believes it's murder.

The death is an exact replica of one of the methods described in The Killing Club - a club both Jamie and the victim were part of where the members would try to come up with the most ingenious ways of killing someone, undetected.

The book is definitely a w
Rosalee
This book is one of the most compelling novels that i have ever read so far. The author leaves you in suspense on who the killer is. It's about a HS group who has started a club called the killing club. In the club the members would think of people that they want dead and discover ways to kill them. After HS was over they all parted there different ways. Then one of the members from the club becomes a cop and she notices that slowly members of the club are dying on the same exact way that they w ...more
Jake Stark
The Killing Club is about a cop named Jaime Ferrara, who lives in a small town in New Jersey. On a normal Friday after work she discovers that a friend of hers has fallen down the stairs and died. The other police believe that his death was accidental, but Jaime believes he was murdered. When more people show up dead Jaime knows that although the deaths seem accidental, there is more to each story. She remembers back to her high school days and how she was a member of the Killing Club. Does this ...more
Dorsi
Dec 04, 2013 Dorsi rated it liked it
I would really like to give this one 3 1/2 stars but that is not an option. It is not quite good enough for a 4 though. I found it to be a decent story with real, likable characters. That may have been the best part of it...the character development. It was a good story with a little surprise twist at the end. It was narrated by Kathy Brier who did a pretty good job. I really enjoyed her voice. The only thing I could suggest is for her to add just a bit more excitement to her readings. It got ju ...more
Susan
Sep 03, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio, 2012-reads
I'm a fan of Michael Malone, so I was pretty sure this would be a good book. I wasn't disappointed although I wish I had listened to the unabridged and not the abridge version. The story is set in a small town in New Jersey and is about friends who were members of a "killing club" in high school. Now, ten years later, someone is committing murders very similar to the ones invented in the killing club. This was full of suspense and I didn't guess the killer until the very end.
Athena Hailey
Oct 27, 2013 Athena Hailey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
Death has come to your little town, sheriff... Was that the bogeyman? as a matter fact.. it was.

I enjoyed this a lot. It was a good mystery book. The twists twist well, it was really hard to predict what will happen next, who would be killed, who is the killer. It was really readable and enjoyable, the characters have just the right amount of depth. So if you love mysteries you should check this out.
Shannon
Ok, it is what it is. I didn't pick this up expecting sweeping prose or a dark Dennis Lehane style. I picked it up for a fun mystery experience. It is. Great little book to listen to on the way to appointments for work. And my interest was piqued that the author is of soap star fame (I do love soapies, although all of mine were canceled). I liked the characters that Marcie created and the premise of "killing club" (I'm not sick, I promise).
Kelly
This is a cool concept. It might appeal to teen readers? Plot is predictable (of course there had to be a love interest). A group of outcast teens create a killing club where they record in books how they would like to see their enemies die. Ten years later the deaths eerily mimic what they put in their books. Who is the killer? The tension wasn't enough for me but I did enjoy reading this.
Fredrick Danysh
A decade ago the outcasts and loners of the Gloria, New Jersey, high school formed a club. They invented murder plots to dispose of people that they did not like. Now members of the club are being killed by the methods that they wrote about and everything points back to the apparent suicide of a club member in high school.
Sheila
Aug 24, 2008 Sheila rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Imagine a soap star trying to write her first mystery. The keynote word is trying. The plot was imaginative and probably could have worked with a decent writer. Ms. Walsh uses a lot of profanity and page fillers. Her dialogue with her nephew is stilted and predictable. I must applaud her for her imagination but really hope she never writes another book.
Elizabeth Robinson
The book was okay but I think that Jamie was quick in putting judgement on Barclay. She instantly thought he could've been guilty from the first accident when she should've also questioned the other members of the club. That is why I give it 3 stars. A real detective would've also questioned the other members.
Eva Leger
**I tried to listen to this on audio and the narrator SUCKS. I'm returning the audio book to the library and may try it again in the future in print. I don't think the story is bad but the narrator being so damn awful really made it hard to tell.
Note to the narrator - leaving the 'r' off of words like 'car' does not a Boston accent make.**
Samantha Harvey
This book was....okay. I don't think I'd read it again, but it wasn't a horrible book either. I didn't care for the way the story was laid out. It had it's twist at the end, but by that point, it wasn't a drastic turn of events that you would have never saw coming. It was okay.
Jamie Brooks
Pretty easy read. I really liked the main character and not just because she had the same name as me. Even though there was a big twist at the end and I had no idea who the murderer was, I still kind felt blah at the end. Not sure why.
Cat.
Sep 10, 2013 Cat. rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actually, this is a pretty good mystery. Granted, following Dan Brown would give any book of reasonable coherence a boost, but really...nicely plotted story. I did have a feeling pretty early on I knew who the "bad guy" was, so that was sort of a drag. Oh, well. Good story.
Bethany
ive only read a handful of murder mysteries so this might not be saying much but its the best one ive read, its the first time i didnt guess who the killer was half-way through the book so to me that equals awesomeness lol oh i like the characters too. Well Jamie, Debbie, Clay, & Garth =)
Emily
Jul 27, 2010 Emily rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mysteries
Good premise, kind of mundane execution. Better than I expected for a book with an 'as seen on One Life to Live' endorsement sticker on the cover - nothing against soap operas; they certainly make twisty plots, but I don't think of them as classic mystery writing.
Kimberly Andersen
May 22, 2013 Kimberly Andersen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HUGE fan of One Life to Live so, I actually watched the epsiodes where Marcie was making this book and they had their own little murder spree. Good mystery with twist and turns and unexpected adventures.
  • Tony Hawk: Professional Skateboarder
  • War Is...: Soldiers, Survivors, and Storytellers Talk About War
  • Twin Sisters
  • Alexis: My True Story of Being Seduced by an Online Predator
  • Got the Life: My Journey of Addiction, Faith, Recovery, and Korn
  • Winter Of Discontent (Dorothy Martin, #9)
  • Dead Aim
  • Hannah: My True Story of Drugs, Cutting, and Mental Illness
  • The Last of the Mohicans (Great Illustrated Classics)
  • Janis Joplin: Rise Up Singing
  • Winter in Thrush Green (Thrush Green, #2)