Start by marking “The Killing Club” as Want to Read:
The Killing Club

The Killing Club

3.33 of 5 stars 3.33  ·  rating details  ·  403 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Suspenseful, romantic, and filled with humor, The Killing Club is a mystery written by popular One Life to Live character Marcie Walsh with award-winning writer Michael Malone.
Over a decade ago in the small town of Gloria, New Jersey, feisty, red-headed outcast Jamie Ferraro and eleven friends from Gloria Hart High School started a club. They would come up with ingenious
Audio CD, Abridged, 0 pages
Published February 15th 2005 by Random House Audio Publishing Group (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Killing Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Killing Club

Chantel
7 sound discs (72 min. each) Novel attributed to fictitious soap opera character but I didn't know that when I read it. From a popular One Life to Live daytime character, Marcie Walsh, comes a debut mystery, The Killing Club, as told to acclaimed One Life to Live writer Michael Malone. On the show, Marcie Walsh will be seen writing the novel about a spunky female detective who as a teenager had created a "killing club" with her friends--it's sole purpose being to devise ways in which they could ...more
Lorraine
A few weeks ago, I visited a used bookstore that is affiliated with my local library and purchased this book, which was cancelled (it is no longer in demand). I thought it was pretty good, even though it clearly needed numerous edits!

The Killing Club revolves around former high school club members, who, when in high school, dreamed up ways of killing those they didn't like. While I don't advocate this concept, the murders that occurred in the novel were based on the students' fantasies.

As a for
Roberto Scarlato
The story itself is very original and different in the aspect that a killer is killing the friends in very methodical ways; by actually going off of the deaths that they imagined when they were simple adolescents. The club was founded in an old abandoned theatre, went on for a couple years until each member was never heard from again . . . until one of them died. Jaime, the main character of the story, has a good head on her shoulders, juggling her handicapped father and her rogue brother, all w ...more
Jilly
I was a little skeptical about reading it but I saw it at the library so I picked it up. I kept thinking that while I do watch soaps and in this case I’ve watch OLTL and I know all about the Killing Club on the show and about the book, I wasn’t all that sure I wanted a repeat of the story.

And I didn’t get one. This is about different characters, thankfully, and is really an interesting read though at times the writing confused me but not enough that I hated the book. I actually rather enjoyed it
P.D. Martin
The Killing Club has a very interesting premise at its heart...

A young police detective (Jamie Ferrara) is called to the death of one of her high school friends. While it's initially ruled an accidental death, the heroine believes it's murder.

The death is an exact replica of one of the methods described in The Killing Club - a club both Jamie and the victim were part of where the members would try to come up with the most ingenious ways of killing someone, undetected.

The book is definitely a w
Rosalee
This book is one of the most compelling novels that i have ever read so far. The author leaves you in suspense on who the killer is. It's about a HS group who has started a club called the killing club. In the club the members would think of people that they want dead and discover ways to kill them. After HS was over they all parted there different ways. Then one of the members from the club becomes a cop and she notices that slowly members of the club are dying on the same exact way that they w ...more
Dorsi
I would really like to give this one 3 1/2 stars but that is not an option. It is not quite good enough for a 4 though. I found it to be a decent story with real, likable characters. That may have been the best part of it...the character development. It was a good story with a little surprise twist at the end. It was narrated by Kathy Brier who did a pretty good job. I really enjoyed her voice. The only thing I could suggest is for her to add just a bit more excitement to her readings. It got ju ...more
Tomi
Good mystery - an easy read but it kept me guessing.
Elizabeth Robinson
The book was okay but I think that Jamie was quick in putting judgement on Barclay. She instantly thought he could've been guilty from the first accident when she should've also questioned the other members of the club. That is why I give it 3 stars. A real detective would've also questioned the other members.
Susan
I'm a fan of Michael Malone, so I was pretty sure this would be a good book. I wasn't disappointed although I wish I had listened to the unabridged and not the abridge version. The story is set in a small town in New Jersey and is about friends who were members of a "killing club" in high school. Now, ten years later, someone is committing murders very similar to the ones invented in the killing club. This was full of suspense and I didn't guess the killer until the very end.
Shannon
Ok, it is what it is. I didn't pick this up expecting sweeping prose or a dark Dennis Lehane style. I picked it up for a fun mystery experience. It is. Great little book to listen to on the way to appointments for work. And my interest was piqued that the author is of soap star fame (I do love soapies, although all of mine were canceled). I liked the characters that Marcie created and the premise of "killing club" (I'm not sick, I promise).
Jason Bartlett
Feb 17, 2014 Jason Bartlett rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
unexpected ending
Athena Hailey
Death has come to your little town, sheriff... Was that the bogeyman? as a matter fact.. it was.

I enjoyed this a lot. It was a good mystery book. The twists twist well, it was really hard to predict what will happen next, who would be killed, who is the killer. It was really readable and enjoyable, the characters have just the right amount of depth. So if you love mysteries you should check this out.
Kelly
This is a cool concept. It might appeal to teen readers? Plot is predictable (of course there had to be a love interest). A group of outcast teens create a killing club where they record in books how they would like to see their enemies die. Ten years later the deaths eerily mimic what they put in their books. Who is the killer? The tension wasn't enough for me but I did enjoy reading this.
Sheila
Imagine a soap star trying to write her first mystery. The keynote word is trying. The plot was imaginative and probably could have worked with a decent writer. Ms. Walsh uses a lot of profanity and page fillers. Her dialogue with her nephew is stilted and predictable. I must applaud her for her imagination but really hope she never writes another book.
Eva Leger
**I tried to listen to this on audio and the narrator SUCKS. I'm returning the audio book to the library and may try it again in the future in print. I don't think the story is bad but the narrator being so damn awful really made it hard to tell.
Note to the narrator - leaving the 'r' off of words like 'car' does not a Boston accent make.**
Matthew Francis
So badly want to read this again. Horror, suspense and twists at its best, I loved it.
Fredrick Danysh
A decade ago the outcasts and loners of the Gloria, New Jersey, high school formed a club. They invented murder plots to dispose of people that they did not like. Now members of the club are being killed by the methods that they wrote about and everything points back to the apparent suicide of a club member in high school.
Bethany
ive only read a handful of murder mysteries so this might not be saying much but its the best one ive read, its the first time i didnt guess who the killer was half-way through the book so to me that equals awesomeness lol oh i like the characters too. Well Jamie, Debbie, Clay, & Garth =)
Lisa Rathbun
Overall a fun mystery to read with several characters available to be considered as suspects or to be killed. Not deep but not bad either. I have never watched "One Life to Live" so I have no idea how this is supposed to tie in with the soap opera nor do I care to know. (L)
Samantha
This book was....okay. I don't think I'd read it again, but it wasn't a horrible book either. I didn't care for the way the story was laid out. It had it's twist at the end, but by that point, it wasn't a drastic turn of events that you would have never saw coming. It was okay.
Lora
Actually, this is a pretty good mystery. Granted, following Dan Brown would give any book of reasonable coherence a boost, but really...nicely plotted story. I did have a feeling pretty early on I knew who the "bad guy" was, so that was sort of a drag. Oh, well. Good story.
Emily
Good premise, kind of mundane execution. Better than I expected for a book with an 'as seen on One Life to Live' endorsement sticker on the cover - nothing against soap operas; they certainly make twisty plots, but I don't think of them as classic mystery writing.
I am a huge fan of the soap One Life to Live so when this book was featured on the show I thought I'd check it out. I didn't have too high of hopes since it was a book that was entwined with a soap-opera but I was pleasantly surprised. Overall a good book.
Jamie Brooks
Pretty easy read. I really liked the main character and not just because she had the same name as me. Even though there was a big twist at the end and I had no idea who the murderer was, I still kind felt blah at the end. Not sure why.
Diane
The book would be what I call a cozy mystery. It had interesting characters with intricate relationships. The premise of the mystery was a good one.

I think the book was well written but a bit slow for my taste.
Kimberly Andersen
HUGE fan of One Life to Live so, I actually watched the epsiodes where Marcie was making this book and they had their own little murder spree. Good mystery with twist and turns and unexpected adventures.
Kelly
It was entertaining-not the best thriller ever. Good for beach reading and a good escape. I think I enjoyed it most for the idea of the desire for killing some of my teen enemies.
Marni
Okay I had to read this book because it was tied to One Life to Live. I wouldnt have picked it up on its own. But it was a pretty fun read. Nothing special though.
  • A Fine Old Conflict
  • A Rose for Virtue
  • The Rattle-Rat - Grijpstra & De Gier, The Amsterdam Cops (Book 10)
  • On Language
  • With Friends Like These... (Amanda Pepper, #4)
  • Miss Pinkerton
  • Exit the Milkman (Peter Shandy, #10)
  • Get Thee to a Punnery: An Anthology of Intentional Assaults Upon the English Language
  • Murder at the Feast of Rejoicing (Lord Meren, #3)
  • Spacer and Rat
  • The Spring Cleaning Murders (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #7)
  • The ABCs of Handwriting Analysis: The Complete Guide to Techniques and Interpretations
  • A Tapestry of Murders (Stories told on Pilgrimage from London to Canterbury, #2)
  • Another Lousy Day in Paradise
  • Fugitive Colors (Sigrid Harald Mysteries #8)
  • Exit Lines (Dalziel & Pascoe, #8)
  • They Have a Word for It: A Lighthearted Lexicon of Untranslatable Words & Phrases
  • Reasonable Doubt