Start by marking “The Scream of the Haunted Mask” as Want to Read:
The Scream of the Haunted Mask

The Scream of the Haunted Mask (Goosebumps HorrorLand #4)

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  921 Ratings  ·  63 Reviews
After the worst Halloween ever, Carly Beth assumes that nothing could be scarier than a ghoulish rubber mask with a mind of its own. She's about to discover something far more frightening: an entire house full of haunted masks.
Published August 1st 2008 by Perfection Learning

Veronica Morfi
Oct 18, 2014 Veronica Morfi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 4/5

Review to come.
Noah Foster
May 05, 2013 Noah Foster rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
R.L Stines book: The haunted mask.
A thrilling horror story about a young girl (Carly Beth) who mysteriously finds a horrible looking mask in her basement. This mask is prepared to make this Halloween a nightmare for both Carly and her best friend Sabrina (who later appears in the story). Not only is the mask haunted, but also is its sick and unforgettable past. The story itself is very haunting and will most definitely give you goosebumps as you read it. This book fits perfectly in to the ''you
☣Lynn☣
I love this Horrorland series. Ya, I know, I'm 23 and still reading Goosebumps. I don't give a shit. The original series was my favorite when I Was younger and I remember endless nights reading up in the attic with a flashlight. Devouring book after book. I think these books will stick with me until I grow old and gray, just like HP. There's just something about these books that make me want more. I know I should be reading classics and (ugh )heavy romance books like other people expect a 23 yr ...more
Ryan Chen
Feb 27, 2015 Ryan Chen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this is creepy and also exciting because i really want to know what will happen next and can't wait to read it. I is about a girl Carly Beth has a hunted mask from last Halloween and if she wear it she turn evil. Also a ghost want to get the mask back to be evil.
Sharath Nirmala
Nov 21, 2014 Sharath Nirmala rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Name= Sharath Nirmala
Date= 25-10-2014
Title= Goosebumps Horror land-The Scream of The Haunted Mask
Author=R.L Stine

The main character is Carly Beth who was scared cat until her Halloween the last year when she fought against The Haunted Mask. She hid it in her basement. But again this year when Halloween is coming back, the haunted mask starts calling her. Another character is Sabrina who is her best friend and works with her in the “Tumbledown Farms”. Another character is Laura who works with th
Chay Mackwood
Jul 20, 2014 Chay Mackwood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Question: What was the most exciting part and why
Author: R.L.Stine

The most exciting part for me was when Carly Beth and Sabrina went to the barn to take photos for their class work. While Sabrina was taking photos they heard the sound of horses stamping their hives on the floor. they looked around but couldn't find and one else in the barn. Soon after the noises became louder and louder the two began to get scared until Sabrina burst into laughter. She explained that she actually brought Carly B
Shelby Stubbs
A girl named Carly Beth dealt with the evil mask, she was unable to take the mask off and was controlling her to commit evil acts. Now the mask is trying to get her to put it back on, and there is a new mystery of the ghost horses and an evil ghost person. While working a Halloween party for kids, the children end up making masks. Once they put the masks on they can’t take them off. The only way to save the kids is to grab the mask and fight the ghost who is forcing the masks to stay on. In the ...more
Rigoberto
Mar 12, 2015 Rigoberto rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think that the scream of the haunted mask is a very good book.I give it 4 stared because it has alout of action .There was a girl named Carly Beth last year on Halloween she wore an evil mask and she couldn't take it off only if she was kind she could of take it off.then she went to school and told her friend what happened and she said that the mask was calling her name to the basement to wear it again.Then a few day's later she realized that Sabrina wanted the mask and then Carly Beth put on ...more
Leah
Oct 08, 2015 Leah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You should read Goosebumps Horrorland The Scream of THe Haunted Mask because it has lots of details insse the book of why the mask is haunting her and you should read it on Halloween to make it spookier the end is the best part.
Are you scared of Halloween night? Then you should read goose bumps horrorland The scream of the Haunted Mask Carly Beth keeps hearing whispers from the mask in the middle of the night she went down to the basement.Then finally she put the mask on and the mask controls h
Jose Ramirez
Tittle:The scream of the haunted mask
By:R.L. Stine
I think that the scream of the haunted mask is a very good book because it has a lot of myth's within the story.There was a girl named Carly Beth last year on halloween she wore an evil mask and she couldn't take it off only an act of kindness can take it off it came off and she hid it in her basement and locked it up.Then one day in the middle of the night she woke up to whispers and she soon relized that the mask was calling her down to the ba
Haley Gonzalez
Oct 08, 2015 Haley Gonzalez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
title:GOOSEBUMPS THE SCEREAM OF THE HAUNTED MASK
AUTHOR:R.L.STINE
if you like horror you will like goosebumps horror land the scream of the haunted mask you will like this book this book scared me so bad I could not sleep for 5 days. Carly Beth heard a voice calling her and she unlocked the box and she put the box over her head and the box coverd half of her body and she could not get it off she needed a symbole of love. my favorite part is when the mask was calling her.I hope you read this book.
Linda Zhou
May 15, 2015 Linda Zhou rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is full of excitements. It's about a horror mask that always appears in the day of Halloween. It starts when a boy bought the mask he said when he wore the mask it can't be taken of, it will stick to you face. And one day when he and his friends is in the cabin the horse died because of the mask. When you wear the mask you will be a total different person and you will be a mean and bad person .In my opinion I think it is a creepy book.What will you do if you got that mask? Well ...more
☻Kristine☻
Nov 02, 2015 ☻Kristine☻ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Scream of the Haunted Mask is another fun book by R.L. Stine. I liked this book because it had a Halloween theme.

This book is about a girl named Carly Beth who is always tortured by two boys at school. She walks into a Halloween store and find a creepy mask to scare them with. She tries it on at home and realizes that the mask is slowly trying to take her over.

This is one of my favorite Goosebumps books. I recommend this book to people looking for cool Halloween books.
Cameron
Oct 08, 2015 Cameron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Would you go down in the basement if you heard your name called? If you would you should read Goosebumps Horrorland The Scream of the Haunted Mask. Carly Beth goes down in the basement because she heard her name. She takes out a box and finds a haunted mask. She puts the mask on and it controls her. My favorite part was when she went down to the basement and finds the mask. You should read this book because its a good book.
Leyla D
Feb 04, 2016 Leyla D rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!! Clark totally surprised me! I love Carly Beth's character and personality. The Haunted Mask is a good scare, with its scream and all. I won't count this into my rating; but it was a little cheesy when the masks weakness was love, because evil things weaknesses are always love. (Malificent; in Sleeping Beauty.)
Melanie
This is yet another audiobook that I got in Humble Bundle and the kind of thing that I wouldn't listen to in any other situation. I thought it was an interesting terror book for middle-graders, and yet one fact bothered me either in this book and in Revenge of the Living Dummy: the fact that the boys are so annoying. Some will say "well, they're kids. Boys will be boys" and, honestly, the only case in which I see that as the truth is if their parents failed at some point in their education.
Eithe
Alex
Oct 26, 2014 Alex rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I barely remember the original Haunted Mask story, but I enjoyed this anyway. The ending was a nice little twist, but the Horrorland part of this was a bit confusing. I think that's because I missed the first three books, so I had no idea who these missing kids were.
Jaimie
Nov 05, 2011 Jaimie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It took me a ridiculously long time to finish this book. School was the problem. Always will be the problem. Too much work! :(

Anywho, I bought The Scream of the Haunted Mask probably about a year ago and I just got around to reading it. It was a great little read! I didn't read much Goosebumps books when I was younger, but I did read The Haunted Mask and I loved it back then. It's my favourite Goosebumps story. I also enjoyed the TV show as a kid and The Haunted Mask was my favourite episode. Th
Bethany Ainsworth
This story makes a good Halloween story, then again, this story does take place in Halloween.

I liked the part where Carly Beth and her friend went to Horrorland and got a glimpse of it again, even though the books I read weren't exactly in order, because I was eleven years old and grabbed the books that caught my eye.

Moving on, I rated it four stars because I reread it multiple times and it kept me on the edge of my seat, even though I knew the outcome and it kind of scared me a little.

I also fe
Billie Pritchett
It's all right. R.L. Stine picks up the story of Carly Beth the Halloween year after the first book The Haunted Mask. She was supposed to have overcome her fears but hasn't. The haunted mask she got and wore last Halloween is calling to her. Doesn't make much of an appearance in this book. My recollections of the first book when I read it as a child was that it was fun. This is not that great of a follow-up.
Marie Gentilcore
Feb 04, 2015 Marie Gentilcore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, audiobook
The kids and I really enjoyed this spooky tale about a haunted mask. There were many times that they didn't want to stop, they just had to find out what was going to happen next. We plan to read more Goosebumps books!
Mark Soone
Probably the least enjoyable book in the series so far. Perhaps the timing of it? It took me several attempts just to get into. I did enjoy the Horror Land sequence much more than the main story
Kevin Guan
Mar 13, 2015 Kevin Guan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think this book is interesting and scary. The haunted mask wanted to control Carly Beth. She bought it last Halloween. When she puts on the mask she will turn evil and if she take it off she will come back to normal. Laura, the ghost wanted the haunted mask back and get even more evil.
Gavin
It took us a long time to get through this, largely because of an extended Doctor Who nostalgia trip, but also partly because Sean often turned down the opportunity to proceed. The reduced rating from previous Stine offerings is due to this. The story is much the same as in the original haunted Mask, qv.

The Enter Horrorland section didn't much advance the plot there. After number 5, which we have, the remainder will probably have to be tracked down. Any ideas? - bearing in mind I live in Fiji an
Arisha Salman
Although it was a good read, it wasn't as good as the first part. The first part totally terrified me; unforgettable, is what I'll call it.
Megan Rang
Feb 05, 2016 Megan Rang rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a teacher and mother I love goosebumps books. This book gave a nice thrill without going into adult scary. My students and children will enjoy this one!
Dione Basseri
Interesting idea, a sequel to one of the earliest Goosebumps books. This time, we get more of the background of the haunted mask. Nothing built upon the original books, but not too bad. The second part of the book, focusing on the continuing plot of Horrorland, gives readers more info on the behind-the-scenes scheming going on. Are there employees of Horrorland out to help the kids? Or is everything in the park out to get them?

Overall, the book is okay. After the first book, "Night of the Living
Nimsay
May 13, 2014 Nimsay rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
This was the first audio book I finished listening to and it was awesome! It brought this spooky book to life.
Jadey.Dave.Squishy.Fizzy
This book had me on the edge of my seat the whole time
this book is definitely for horror lovers
Elar
Jan 28, 2015 Elar rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Little bit better than 1. book in the series, but still little bit too weak.
WHY I CHOSE THIS BOOK 4 5 Mar 11, 2013 06:50AM
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Uma Aventura no Verão
  • Dr. Jekyll, Orthodontist (Zack Files #5)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps HorrorLand (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Welcome to HorrorLand: A Survival Guide (Goosebumps Horrorland)
  • Revenge of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #1)
  • Creep from the Deep (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #2)
  • Monster Blood For Breakfast! (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #3)
  • Dr. Maniac vs. Robby Schwartz (Goosebumps HorrorLand #5)
  • Who's Your Mummy? (Goosebumps HorrorLand #6)
  • My Friends Call Me Monster (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #7)
  • Say Cheese - And Die Screaming (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #8)
  • Welcome To Camp Slither (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #9)
  • Help! We Have Strange Powers! (Goosebumps HorrorLand, #10)