Start by marking “The Intruder (Roswell High, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Intruder (Roswell High, #5)

The Intruder (Roswell High #5)

Love...too late?

Michael: He's being held in a secret compound. But he's concerned less for himself than his friends. Max. Maria. Liz. Alex. And Isabel. He's got to get out before he's forced to betray the Roswell residents whom Sheriff Valenti is dying to capture. And once Sheriff Valenti has the information he wants, he won't be needing Michael anymore.
Isabel: She used t
Published November 17th 2001 by Gallery Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Intruder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Intruder

Patricia Mckelvy
When Roswell High last left off, Max was fighting for his life to survive connecting to the Collective (the minds and thoughts of his fellow aliens back home) while the rest of the crew were putting their own lives in danger to steal The Stones of Midnight (which allow Max to connect to the consciousness). While Max survives, others are not as lucky. Ray, Max's boss at the alien museum, is killed by Sheriff Valentie, head of Project Clean Slate. And Michael does not return home with the rest.

Now
Patricia (Patricia's Particularity)

Now
Felicia
Nov 02, 2013 Felicia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a ton of stuff happening in this installment.

(view spoiler)
Sal Niner
Aug 05, 2012 Sal Niner rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: roswell
Lauren
Jun 03, 2016 Lauren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, aliens
This book took the series to a new level. I've been going through Roswell withdrawal since the show ended abruptly and not much to my satisfaction. Not only are there Roswell books that predate the show; they're actually pretty darn awesome. Metz' take is different enough to add another depth and dimension to the story. The auras, face shifts, and alien aromatherapy are pretty cool. The only downside is that I disagree with virtually all of the physical characterizations. Max is tall, dark, and ...more
Antonella Orlacchio
Maybe 2.5 stars. Maybe.

SPOILERS

Some things were not all that predictable, like Cameron being a spy or Adam turning psyco, but it took me forever to finish the book, it didn't pull me in.
I really can't stand Isabel at this point, Alex deserves so much better. And I can't believe Michael is torn between three girls...I mean, three? Seriously? I don't like the fact he's got a crush on Cameron and don't get me started on the Michael/Isabel thing....what about Maria? Also, the moment Valenti learne
Lucy
Michael got captured by a sheriff and was put in an underground compound. In the compound a doctor was doing studies on him because he was an alien. The sheriff also had another alien called Adam in the compound. Valenti had a girl named Cameron in the compound. She was in the compound because Valenti wanted her to get the names of the others out of Michael. The three of them made a plan to escape but the only one that got out was Adam. He went to Michaels friends and made a plan to break Michae ...more
Mpb
Dec 16, 2012 Mpb added it
Shelves: wishlist
Goodreads Synopsis:

Love...too late?

Isabel: She used to think of Michael as a brother. But now that he's been captured, she seems to be the only one able to hea
Melissa Darnold
Katie Jauncey
Jan 10, 2012 Katie Jauncey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These books are rated more for teens, and I read the Roswell series when I was about 15 ..... but I still really love reading them now. They're written in an easily worded way so that if you want something quick and easy to read, they're perfect ..... I love the whole series :)
Britt
Oct 18, 2009 Britt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 8:

I'm gonna be SOOOOO pissed if Michael and Izzy hook up.
______________________________________________________________

Okay. So they didn't really.
I never realized how different the show and the books are, I'm kinda iffy about Shiri Appleby.
lol
Ghadeer
Jul 13, 2014 Ghadeer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Roswell books were my favorite when I was a teenager I remember staying up late at night reading them unable to put them down until I fell asleep.
Kat
Jun 02, 2008 Kat rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teens, fans of Roswell, sci-fi fans
The plot was pretty appropriate in this round. I actually felt excited near the end!
Katie
Oh dear, too many love interests! Lots of fun action though. I sped through this one more quickly than the others. (Not that they exactly were taking long before, haha.)
Vampiress_demitri
danger everywhere
Mikayla_
Nov 20, 2009 Mikayla_ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
This was good; I liked the new characters and plot concepts.
Evie

Okay. Poor Maria. That's all I have to say.
And um...Adam? Can we say bipolar? My gosh it would just break my heart if he turned out to be bad!
Such a great series! I'm obsessed!!!
Candeeta
Jun 20, 2010 Candeeta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
love this series
Paty
Apr 02, 2014 Paty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michael entre 3 mujeres, no puede ser! Se tiene que quedar con María!
Esther
Esther rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2009
Karen
Karen rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2007
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2012
Izzy
Izzy rated it did not like it
Oct 29, 2012
Lee
Lee rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2013
Grace
Grace rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2012
Hadashi.heitai
Hadashi.heitai rated it liked it
May 12, 2012
Samantha Soleil
Samantha Soleil rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2010
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2017
Kaela
Kaela rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2014
James Vinson
James Vinson rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2013
  • No Good Deed (Roswell, #2)
  • A New Beginning (Roswell #5)
  • Loose Ends
  • Quarantine (Roswell #4)
  • Shades (Roswell #1)
  • Turnabout (Roswell #8)
  • Dreamwalk (Roswell #3)
  • Dare (Greystone, #2)
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 03
  • Tsubasa: Those with Wings, Volume 1
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 6 (Wild Ones, #6)
  • A Field Guide to Vampires: Annotated by Lucy Hamilton (Drake Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Gravity (The Eclipse, #1)
  • Silver Eyes (Violet Eyes, #2)
  • Halloween Rain (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, #1)
Melinda Metz grew up in San Jose, California. People sometimes ask if she knows the way there. She kinda does, but she has an off-kilter sense of direction, so to be confident of arriving, it's better to consult some kind of navigational device.

Her mother tried to teach her to read in kindergarten, but Melinda had no interest. She also had no interest in learning to write her name. (FYI, when Meli
More about Melinda Metz...

Roswell High (10 books)
  • The Outsider (Roswell High, #1)
  • The Wild One (Roswell High, #2)
  • The Seeker (Roswell High, #3)
  • The Watcher (Roswell High, #4)
  • The Stowaway (Roswell High, #6)
  • The Vanished (Roswell High, #7)
  • The Rebel (Roswell High, #8)
  • The Dark One (Roswell High, #9)
  • The Salvation (Roswell High, #10)