Start by marking “Material Girl” as Want to Read:
Material Girl

Material Girl (Material Girl #1)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  995 ratings  ·  43 reviews
From the bestselling author of "Me & My Boyfriend" comes a sophisticated lovestory filled with laughter, witty banter, and excessive shopping.
Published September 1st 2010 by Urban Books (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Material Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Material Girl

Maneater by Mary B. MorrisonBuried Secrets by S.K.Material Girl by Keisha ErvinSeducing the Wolf by Maureen SmithUnfinished Business by Christina C. Jones
Black Love
3rd out of 84 books — 29 voters
The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister SouljahThe Cartel by Ashley AntoinetteTale of the Murda Mamas by Ashley AntoinetteThe Last Chapter by Ashley AntoinetteAddicted by Zane
The Hottest Urban Fiction
150th out of 260 books — 319 voters

More lists with this book...

Ney Ney
I absolutely looooved this book. This was the first book Ive ever read by Keisha Ervin but its sure not the last. This is a must read and I hope there is a part 2 coming out........SOON!!!!!
As usual Keisha delivers another exclusive read, just when you think her books are going to be predictable she fools you, the ending wasn't quite what i thought it'd be but a good ending nonetheless.
Funny......... U have to read this book Her mother os off the hook and her friend kids are to I mean the book is good and funny. A must read
A. Jones
It was nice to read an 'around the way' romance, without the drugs and violence.
Francesca Reid

Let me start off by saying that Keisha Ervin is one of my FAVORITE urban fiction authors. I have read all of her books starting with her first novel “Me and My Boyfriend”, which is still by far one of my favorite books of all time! I find that her books encompass relatable situations for the every day young woman heightened with some things we may want to experience but do not have the means to. When one hears “urban fiction” I think they instantly think vulgarity, sex, and drugs. While a lot of
Yes I read For Fun
I loved this book. It had me cracking up several times but underneath it poinyed to some serious issues. The heroine (Dylan) used shopping as a way to deal with her issues, such as an unstable relationship. Can I tell u when State did what he did to her (I wont spoil it for you) I was like o no he didnt. I felt her hurt. He brought her so low and made her feel she wasnt good enough and thats why I wanted to slap her when she found a good man and messed it up.
It was good that she was brought rock
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review
4 out of 5STARS
Genre Urban Lit/Romance

I thought this book was pretty good but the main chick Dylan was not quick on the up take. Dylan has an inheritance and throughout the book she just spends, spends and spends some more. Mind you Dylan does not have a J O B. In the mean time she has been seeing her off and on ex bf State. Problem is this dude is all out for self and will throw Dylan under the bus if need be. While out in LA with her bestie Billie(girl) and she finds out ju
This book was absolutely amazing from beginning to end! So refreshing to read an urban book that did not revolve around drugs, violence, and nonsense. I truly couldn't put it down! I am so proud of the growth Dylan had. She was a mess but she finally did get it together. Ready for part 2! Ms. Erwin has a new fan in me!
I enjoyed this book. It was a lot different than drugs and violence theme I was used to reading. Dylan, Te Te and Billie are hilarious !
I really enjoyed this book. I finished it in 2 days and it would have been one if I could have kept my eyes open last night. Ervin is definitely one of my favorite urban lit writers...she is very good at telling a story! She does a good job at creating characters that you can relate to and understand. Many of Ervin's writers will be able to relate to Dylan and Billie, some may even be able to relate to Tee Tee. Ervin kept my interest and the plot was quite intriguing. I'm actually going to buy M ...more
yes Keisha Ervin has done it again! I loved this book. I read it in one day, now on to part two!
Keisha Ervin has done it again. She's such an amazing writer especially for the Urban Literature world. Her books have always showed that there's a truth in Love. From "Me and My Boyfriend", "Mina's Joint", "Gunz and Roses" and "Material Girl" all are the epitome of true black love. You may have obstacles but love somehow prevails.
Ervin is an inspiration to me. This book was a strong eye-opener that you have to know you deserve love and it can be there right in front of you. You definitely see t
Very well paced story of poor little rich girl Dylan Monroe. Dylan is, a self centered, label whore who spends frivolously but loves too seriously. The object of her desire is State. He is a rich, egotistical man who does what he wants while blindly stringing Dylan along.

We get to meet Candy along the way and makes it perfectly clear how Dylan came to be the way she is. Dylan has 2 bffs that love her to death but hold no punches when they think she's letting State play her.

When Dylan finally h
Keisha Jefferson
Keisha Ervin is a very good writer. this book is about this girl name Dylan is one of them girls that loves to hate.She’s a material girl, living in a material world filled with diamonds, furs, limousines, celebrities, and private planes. this book on some pages can reflect on my life some can't but dont get me wrong Keisha Ervin is a strong writer.
This was an interesting read. It had a little bit of everything including a ton of drama. The storyline was thoroughly entertaining, sometimes heartbreaking, and a little bit sad also. Dylan did make a complete evolution with her life, and the way the story ending makes me intrigued to see what will happen in part 2.
Material Girl was good from being to end. Although I could not stand Dylan in the beginning, as she grew I grew to like her. Her best friends are AMAZING, reminds me of my own. I loved this book and had it not been a second one coming out soon I wouldve been HIGHLY upset with Keisha Ervin lol. She's a great writer!
oh wow! I've been sitting on this one for awhile...I finally picked it up and couldn't put it down..Dylan, Billie, and Tee-Tee will keep you wanting to find out what is going on next..Dylan will learn the hard way that Material things come and Material Things go....enjoyed this one now I am on to part 2
I really enjoyed this book. It hit close to home and felt almost as if I was reading bits and pieces of my life. definately a good, I enjoyed the characters and I had a few lol moments. would definitely recommend.
I thought the story was okay. It did keep my attention but only because I've seen the damn near the same storyline on Sex in the City. I'm glad I borrowed the book from the library.
Barbara Morgan
I read Material Girl by Keisha Ervin.
This book was great.
The story line kept my interest from beginning to the end
I would highly recommend this book
Monique Jackson
I loved this book!! This is my first book by Keisha I would like to read all of her books. On to part 2!
Madeleine Montuna
Lashaun Steele-hinton
I loved this book! This book keeps you on a rollercoaster ride and wanting more. A must read!
O.K. Read ....

I Definitely Expected Keisha To Come Hard. But This Was A Disappointment !
I thought this was one of the best books I read. Keisha Ervin is an excellent author.
Was a really great read, I can't wait to read about Dylan and her love story.
Very good book! Really enjoyed all of the character. Highly reccommended.
Deneka Sampson
I absolutely love Keisha Ervin, she is one of go to urban authors.
Feb 16, 2013 Marie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: love
it was amazing. however the ending threw me off a bit.
Some things didn't add up. It was an okay book
  • Millionaire Wives Club
  • Where There's Smoke
  • Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
  • Little Ghetto Girl
  • Black & Ugly
  • Superstar
  • Heist
  • Back to the Hood (Flint, #5)
  • Section 8
  • Snapped
  • Stripping Asjiah
  • California Connection
  • Twisted Obsessions
  • Desperate Hoodwives
  • The Millionaire Mistress
Hailing from St. Louis, Missouri, Keisha Ervin is a prolific writer and devoted mother. Her success has drawn much deserved attention to herself and her hometown.
She is the author of the National Best-Sellers Chyna Black, Me & My Boyfriend, Mina's Joint and Hold U Down, as well as the novel Torn and the short story After the Storm, featured in the Street Love anthology.
More about Keisha Ervin...

Material Girl (2 books)