Start by marking “The Sheikh's Disobedient Bride” as Want to Read:
The Sheikh's Disobedient Bride

The Sheikh's Disobedient Bride

"She must be tamed -- by the Sheikh..."

Sheikh Tair lives by the rules of the desert. When he finds Tally has broken a sacred law, endangering the safety of his tribe, Tair has to act. Tally is kept like a harem girl, but every time she tries to escape, the hostile desert drives her back. And with each new act of her disobedience, Tair's resolve hardens. As ruler, he must t
Published March 1st 2009 by Harlequin Presents (first published May 5th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Sheikh's Disobedient Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheikh's Disobedient Bride

Alex is The Romance Fox
I am not a lover of sheikh romances. I find them a bit if not a lot farfetched and most if not all have a uber alpha-male, who is a ruler of some small and unknown kingdom in the Middle East, who has studied overseas and of course he’s very progressive…. before reluctantly going back home to become a ruler, who falls for a Western gorgeous and totally unsuitable woman to be his sheikh!!!!
Oh let me add what the book blurb says…. She must be tamed--by the Sheikh.
This may be a bit of an exaggerati
Baseballmom
Nov 21, 2014 Baseballmom rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'll Call You, "Woman"..........d:)

First I'd like to say....."it's not real, it's just a story". Realistically, it's probably safe to assume no one wants to be kidnapped and married by force. The whole kidnap and forced marriage scenario didn't offend me because....... IT'S HARLEQUIN ( I expect fantastical and improbable). That out of the way, I really liked this story. The repartee between the H and h was fabulous.. I laughed out loud numerous times, especially, when H says to the h, "I will ca
Jules
Dec 13, 2011 Jules rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was my first foray into Harlequin Presents. I kind of knew what to expect after reading many reviews, so the ridiculousness of this book didn't bother me so much. What makes this a two star book for me is the fact that for as ridiculous as it is, reading it wasn't fun.

I'd definitely give this one a pass.
Leona
Entertaining..not one of her best, but cute. Could have been more powerful, if she spent a little more time and creativity in getting them back together. Felt like the last 10 pages of the book were rushed and convenient.
Sandra Gonzalez
Took me a few days to finish and that was forcing myself to continue since I like desert romances. This was an old fashioned kidnapping. Enough said or else I may rate it a one instead.
Holly
Jan 08, 2009 Holly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin
Tally is a photographer and aspiring children's author. She's traveling through North Africa and was just minding her own business when she got caught in a violent attack. Abandoned by her two guides, she's snatched up by Tair, the Chief of the Desert, and carried off, barbarian style to his ten city where he informs her rather matter of factly that she is now his woman and she should fall in line as soon as possible. Fiercely independent and free spirited, this does not go over well with Tally ...more
AelixRage
Sep 16, 2012 AelixRage rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A romanticized version of Stockholm syndrome, except that in this story, the only thing related to said psychological phenomenon was the kidnapping because regardless that Tally was trying to flee, or that Tair was acting like a chauvinist, both of them knew (at least, implicitly) that they were attracted to each other even at the first time they exchanged words.

However, it was a good read, not the best though, I could have used more romance in it, more tender interactions, and not just the batt
Maureen
Amanda Sheila
Well, it's good. Not perfect, but good.

I get the story. Tally's just a normal photographer but mistaken as a spy by Tair. Sheikh or king from Ouhamaha? Ohamana? I can't remember the name. Anyway, she's kidnapped and forced to stay in some sort of tent. After trying to escape lots of time, she realize that she couldn't go back to America. Tair, as a matter of fact, find himself intrigued by this American girl. And he make sure that she'll never go back home.

I liked to storyline, yet the executi
Lady Raven RAVE!
You know This reminds me of a historical romance novels with the concept of sheiks capturing the woman making her his bride...and i think this is a mini version of that ..I LOVED IT
I like sheikh Tair but Tally she is a feisty one *smiling*, i also like that most of the scenes were in the desert a good change of scenery and that she kept trying to escape and almost getting her self killed just to be rescue again by sheik Tair..

Well written book, great chemistry between the couple and it was good.
MJ
Oct 30, 2016 MJ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to say this is the first time I've NOT been bothered by a kidnapping. (Words I never thought I'd say!)

The title is very apt because it describes the plot to a T. I liked the love story. I did find Tally's actions to be foolish and annoying at times but I also loved the patience that Tair practiced with her.
Gege86
Feb 14, 2014 Gege86 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing read, though the hero really needed a big slap on the head. he was really annoying, arrogant, and totally too sure of himself. The heroine was his match in everything, and the dialogue between the two was entertaining.
Ale Rivero
Una novela romántica tipo, con el macho seductor y manipulador y la mujercita que se hace la fuerte y al final termina muriendo de amor. Al menos sirve para entretenerse un rato
Kiru Taye
Kiru Taye rated it really liked it
May 15, 2011
Shannon Yun
Shannon Yun rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2013
Leandra
Leandra rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2014
Kim Person
Kim Person rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2012
Lizzie
Lizzie rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2012
Debbie DiFiore
Debbie DiFiore rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2017
Nannette Haughney
Nannette Haughney rated it really liked it
May 23, 2016
Kathleen Paterka
Kathleen Paterka rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2012
Megan
Megan rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2016
Iris
Iris rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2012
Alessia
Alessia rated it it was ok
May 16, 2016
MelissaB
MelissaB rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2008
bubblesm
bubblesm rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2011
Kiddi
Kiddi rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2013
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2010
Tory Hayward
Tory Hayward rated it really liked it
May 17, 2011
Lori Thayer
Lori Thayer rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Sheikh's Virgin Princess
  • For the Sheikh's Pleasure (Surrender to the Sheikh) (Harlequin Presents, #2656)
  • The Sheikh's Chosen Wife
  • The Desert Lord's Bride (Throne of Judar, #2)
  • The Sheikh's Defiant Bride (Sheikh Tycoons, #1)
  • Hired: The Sheikh's Secretary Mistress (Royal Brides, #8)
  • The Desert Sheikh's Captive Wife (The Rich, the Ruthless and the Really Handsome, #1)
  • Stolen by the Sheikh (Clemenger Sisters #2)
  • The Sheikh's Bride (Sheikh's Arabian Nights #1 & 2)(Mills and Boon Shipping Cycle)
  • Beholden to the Throne (Empire of the Sands #2)
  • Desert Prince, Defiant Virgin (Harlequin Presents, #2796)
  • Gambling with the Crown (Heirs to the Throne of Kyr #1)
  • Majesty, Mistress...Missing Heir
  • Sheikh with Benefits
  • The Sheik & The Princess in Waiting (Desert Rogues #7)
  • The Inherited Bride
Born in Visalia, California, I'm a small town girl at heart. I love central California's golden foothills, oak trees, and the miles of farmland. In my mind, there's nothing sweeter in the world than the heady fragrance of orange blossoms on a sultry summer night.

As a little girl I spent hours on my bed, staring out the window, dreaming of far off places, fearless knights, and happy-ever-after endi
More about Jane Porter...