Start by marking “Mr. Almost Right” as Want to Read:
Mr. Almost Right

Mr. Almost Right

3.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  133 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
What happens when you meet Mr Right, then find out that someone's got there first? Do you:

a) bury your feelings, convince yourself that nothing can ever happen between the two of you and try to move on?

Or

b) fail miserably to bury your feelings and repeatedly act like an incompetent fool in front of him?

In Lulu's case, it's a bit of both. When she meets Charles, a handsome
Published March 18th 2010 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Almost Right, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Almost Right

Leah
Mar 27, 2010 Leah rated it really liked it
Lulu Godwin has just met who she believes to be her Mr Right in Charles Adamson. The thing is Charles has a wife and kids. So what should Lulu do about it: tell herself that nothing can happen and do everything she can to keep out of his way or should she just give in to her feelings for him and let the chips fall where they may? Of course nothing is that simple and when Lulu and Charles end up on location together for an entire week all bets are off. Lulu longs to confide in her twin sister Ali ...more
Sx
Jan 09, 2013 Sx rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
A book about cheating from the cheaters' point of view and without any exceedingly vile characters. Who would have thought I'd have enjoyed it as much as I do?

I don't condone cheating so for me to enjoy this book and breeze through it as easily as I did would put this book in a solid 3 star range. A bonus star for handling the prickly subject with as much humour and heart as Moran did.

What happens when you've met your Mr. Right only to find out he's married? This is the question Lulu faces. Doe
Julie
Jun 12, 2015 Julie rated it it was ok
While I loved lulu, I just couldn't connect with the story and it wasn't as entertaining as other stories or chick lits that I have read recently. There were a lot of interesting characters but none that grabbed my attention and were super interesting.

It definitely is a good concept, having a book told from the perspective of the mistress and Lulu's interaction with her twin Alice and Ali were decent but I just wasn't wrapped up in this plot line of designing costumes for a TV show... And all I
Geozell Nadine
Sep 01, 2015 Geozell Nadine rated it it was ok
The book had me on its excerpt but then it turned out to be dull and quite shallow. It's not that I didn't enjoy it but I really just didn't enjoy reading it.
Aileen
Feb 17, 2011 Aileen rated it it was ok
While on Film location Lulu meets Charles, she thought she had found Mr Right, however he is ,married with children, Lulu tries avoiding Charles, however she keeps thinking about him, and finds him impossible to avoid. She tries to talk to her twin sister, but she is too busy with her boyfriend Richard. Will she find her Mr Right and have a happy ending?
Although I got through the book quickly, I did get bored with it, the story didn’t really hold my attention throughout the book, I was glad to g
Sallyann Van leeuwen
Sep 30, 2013 Sallyann Van leeuwen rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Audio version, Lulu is an assistant costume designer, who suddenly finds herself in charge of the costumes for a tv period drama and falling for the male lead character. Who just happens to turn out to be married. The love story is a little lame, and unbelievable, but the other storylines are quite interesting and amusing...her twin, her twin's best friend, their half brother, and the cute policeman. Or maybe it was just the cute accents that the story was relayed in, love a good Scottish brogue ...more
Sam
Dec 19, 2012 Sam rated it really liked it
Lulu works on a film set and meets her Mr Right, but he's married. She struggles with her relationship with Mr Right and with her twin sister, especially when her mentor/boss dies.

I wanted to like this book more than I actually did. There were areas where it was slow going and then it picked up a pace at the end. Over all it was an ok read but nothing to get too excited about.
Clare
Apr 05, 2013 Clare rated it it was amazing
The morals of story are some what questionable but I have to say this book.made me absolutely laugh out loud! it was unbelievably funny even when.it shouldn't have been (going back to those morals). But a book none the less to.brighten a more female bookshelf and definately one to read when you need a good chuckle!
Caitlin
Jul 22, 2015 Caitlin rated it it was ok
Extremely predictable but none the less was an easy read.
Rema H.R
Apr 09, 2014 Rema H.R rated it liked it
am in chapter 3 and i try hard to finish my attention is lost between its lines may be it will be more interesting when i keep reading

Lesley ^-^ Honestly Simple Reviews
OK so I don't want to give anything away so I'll just say .... I most Defo wasn't expecting tht lol really want to read Moran's book 'stick or twist'
Denise
Sep 22, 2012 Denise rated it liked it

Predictable but funny, amusing, sweet and sad. A book to get lost in on holiday.....
Elanor
Sep 16, 2011 Elanor rated it liked it
its an okay read. quick to get through. a good holiday book i'd imagine.
Simina
Nov 22, 2010 Simina rated it it was amazing
Brilliant book, very funny from start to finish.
Cheetarah
Nov 18, 2011 Cheetarah rated it really liked it
very fun book. love the twin's interaction.
Anna
Mar 16, 2012 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Easy reading book with a nice ending.
Hrtnsoul28
May 18, 2012 Hrtnsoul28 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
Was a nice quick read.
Lorraine
Sep 14, 2011 Lorraine rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this chick book
HiggsBoson
HiggsBoson rated it liked it
May 21, 2016
Amanda Gee
Amanda Gee marked it as to-read
May 19, 2016
Mihaela
Mihaela rated it liked it
May 02, 2016
Anouska Stacey
Anouska Stacey marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Ala'a Héjji
Ala'a Héjji is currently reading it
Apr 11, 2016
Maialen
Maialen marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2016
Charlotte Macgregor
Charlotte Macgregor marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2016
Jodie
Jodie marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2016
Eila
Eila marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Emma Spencer
Emma Spencer marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Goodreads Librari...: mr almost right 3 21 Jan 21, 2013 07:05AM
  • Mother, Please!: What a Girl Wants / The Road Home / Upstairs, Downstairs
  • Afternoon Delight
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • Lake Magic
  • A Fare to Remember: Just Whistle / Driven to Distraction / Taken for a Ride
  • Love, Life and Linguine
  • Flirting with Temptation
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Georgia
  • Public Marriage, Private Secrets
  • Here Comes Trouble
  • Gathering Storm
  • The Inconvenient Bride
  • Deadly Little Secrets
  • Love Lies
  • The Power of the Legendary Greek
  • When Twilight Comes (Mists of Fernhaven #1)
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
Eleanor Moran is an author and BBC TV producer.

Eleanor's Facebook page:
More about Eleanor Moran...