Start by marking “Seven Secrets of Happiness” as Want to Read:
Seven Secrets of Happiness

Seven Secrets of Happiness

Once upon a time Ruby O'Neill lived in her very own ivory tower (a beautiful little cottage) with her very own fairytale prince (her handsome husband Jonathan). She had roses round her door and her friends were never far away - life in her fairytale land was perfect. But grown-up fairy stories don't last forever and one dark night Ruby's life is smashed into a million ...more
Published December 1st 2009 by Penguin Books (first published August 27th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Seven Secrets of Happiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Secrets of Happiness

Yla Delarosa
Sep 21, 2011 Yla Delarosa rated it it was amazing
Introduction: When I saw this book, I ignored it the first time because I thought its one of those chick flick novels where I can practically predict what will happen in every page. But finding nothing more interesting, I came back for it and decided to humor myself. Ending up, I have never loved a book this way so far. Truly worth my time:

Overview: Ruby O’Neill is living a fairy-tale life, married to the love of her life, Jonathan who adores her just as much. It is a snowy Christmas Eve and Rub
Anne
Dec 07, 2011 Anne rated it really liked it
As December arrives and the festive season approaches, I like to read books with a Christmas or wintry theme. Over the past couple of years for some reason, most of my seasonal reads have been by American authors and to be truthful I've found the majority of them are just too sweet and overly sentimental for my tastes. Yes, Christmas time should be a time of peace and goodwill and families and happiness, but let's face it, we all know that very often it doesn't quite work out like that.
Although
Leah
Jan 25, 2010 Leah rated it really liked it
Ruby O’Neill thought she had it all: a gorgeous husband, a rock-solid marriage and a fairytale house. Until one night, on Christmas Eve, Ruby’s world is shattered into tiny little pieces when she finds out her husband has died in a car accident. As Ruby’s friend Jasmine helps her through her grief, Ruby decides to move house and buy out the shop in which she works. As Ruby and Jasmine make a success of the shop, Ruby’s life seems to be getting back on track, but she still feels as if she’ll ...more
Hanifarina
Aug 05, 2014 Hanifarina rated it really liked it
There is not much to say apart from it is a very easy reading book.

I do like the the journey of the story. And finding out the seven secrets of happiness. Here is the list:

1. To be emotionally independent. To create happiness within yourself, and to not let anyone control it.
2. Good body and mental health.
3. Get rid of negative emotions. Such as, Envy.
4. Hold on to your real friends.
5. Do as many good deeds.
6. Look at the beauty in small things.
7. Letting go of the past.

Its beautiful!
Brina
Jan 29, 2012 Brina rated it really liked it
Das Leben der 30-jährigen Ruby wird ganz plötzlich auf den Kopf gestellt. Grund ist der Tod ihres geliebten Mannes, der völlig unterwartet stirbt. Für Ruby bricht eine Welt zusammen, die sie immer mehr in die Trauer hinab stürzen lässt.

Zusammen mit ihrer besten Freundin Jasmine beschließt sie nicht aufzugeben und versucht immer mehr wieder in den Alltag hineinzukommen.

Unerwartete Hilfe bekommt sie auch von Menschen mit ganz unterschiedlichen Schicksalen, die ihr zeigen, dass das Leben auch nach
Brina
Jul 29, 2011 Brina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Susan
Apr 21, 2014 Susan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The first time I read The Tea House On Mulberry Street I fell in love with it. For me none of the other novels by Sharon Owens has come close to its charm and simple story telling. This book was ok. An easy read and no brain food (which is what I was looking for) but it had no Penny Stanley either. I'm done with reading an further novels by Sharon because I'm always judging her by her own best standards and we would all come up short by that yardstick. So I will continue to read The Tea House ...more
Taj
Jun 20, 2012 Taj rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mizzusimz
Not your usual chick lit where girl meets boy, falls in love, breaks up and decides to look for happiness by discovering it elsewhere. This was a thought-filled, heartwarming book which delved into the intricacies of human emotions and how people deal with it. Loved it.
Fiona
Dec 29, 2011 Fiona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I adored this book and the tale of the handbags, Irish authors just seem to have the knack for me when it comes to delivering the goods!!! I found the start of it a little too close for comfort but really enjoyed the rest of the story. A keeper for me!
Tamarai Selvi
Jul 21, 2016 Tamarai Selvi rated it really liked it
Are there any secrets to make your life happy after a hail storm? Yes there are secrets, and it could only found by you within you! Look for goodness in everything and everywhere, then you will find your secret for your happiness like how Ruby found her 7 secrets for her happiness.
Mary
Jan 31, 2012 Mary rated it it was amazing
oh wow to this book i loved every minute of it, it reminded me a little bit of ps i love you, i so loved ruby and tom and i loved jasmine and rubys friendship. the touch of the red robin was excellent too just a really heartwarming good read and i will definately read more by this author fantastic
Danielle
I did not like this book, it drove me to distraction and found the writing style was terrible and rushed and felt it was clumsy.
The story plot just reminds me of something that you would write for a creative writing class.
Hannah Walter
Mar 26, 2015 Hannah Walter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although this book begins in a sad way, I loved this book. It taught me the importance of remaining positive, I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to others definitely!!
Aileen
Nov 09, 2010 Aileen rated it it was amazing
I loved this book It was very sad the way Ruby's husband was killed and It took time for her to adapt to her new life without him. But a great book couldn't put it down.
Leesya Nazman
Jun 26, 2014 Leesya Nazman rated it it was amazing
This book is totally amazing! This book has changed myself into a good way. It is so sad at the same time but still happy. Sharon, you did very well!
Maria
May 08, 2013 Maria marked it as to-read
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Rowena
Rowena rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2016
Jacqueline
Jacqueline rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2011
Sam
Sam rated it really liked it
Oct 10, 2012
J Connolly
J Connolly rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2013
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2016
Lorraine
Lorraine rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2012
Lauren
Lauren rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2013
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Sep 06, 2011
Nicola Mcfall
Dec 27, 2012 Nicola Mcfall rated it really liked it
Lovely wee book to read in the run up to Christmas. Fell slightly in love with Tom! :)
Anne Moore
Anne Moore rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2016
Mel Collins
Mel Collins rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2015
Doreen Dooley
Doreen Dooley rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2012
Colombina
Colombina rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • How to Lose a Husband and Gain a Life
  • Mr. Almost Right
  • Do you want to know a secret
  • In the Wee Small Hours
  • Late Night Shopping (Annie Valentine, #2)
  • Stand by Me
  • One Day In May
  • Chances
  • After the Party
  • Country Pursuits (Churchminster #1)
  • Coming Home
  • Solange du schläfst
  • A Taste For It
  • The Daisy Picker
  • Manifesting Mr. Right
  • Gibt es intelligentes Leben?
  • Sei lieb und büße
  • Ist meine Hose noch bei euch? (SMS von gestern Nacht #2)
Here are some questions I get asked a lot:

DID YOU ALWAYS WANT TO BE A WRITER?

No, it never crossed my mind, though I have always loved books.

WHAT BOOKS DID YOU LOVE AS A CHILD?

THE BORROWERS
THE BORROWERS AFIELD
THE BORROWERS AFLOAT
THE BORROWERS ALOFT
THE BORROWERS AVENGED, all by Mary Norton
THE SECRET GARDEN by Frances Hodgson Burnett
THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE by CS Lewis

WHAT BOOKS DO YOU LO
More about Sharon Owens...