Start by marking “Let's Play Doctor: The Instant Guide to Walking, Talking, and Probing Like a Real M.D.” as Want to Read:

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  13 reviews

Your purchase of this book means that the admissions committee has thoroughly reviewed your application and we are pleased to welcome you to the Why Do Men Have Nipples School of Medicine.*
*A not quite fully accredited institution

Let’s Play Doctor is your instant guide to becoming a Real Fake Doctor. At the Why Do Men Have Nipples School of Medicine, we of
Published December 2nd 2008 by Crown Archetype (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Let's Play Doctor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let's Play Doctor

I'd give this book a 1.5 actually- okay it is light-hearted, there are some parts that are trying to be funny- I think I don't appreciate this book as much since I am in the medical field, so it wasn't that interesting to me. I liked his other 2 books much, much more (Why do men have nipples & Why do men fall asleep after sex).
Richard Stephenson
I thought it was okay.

I guess this branch of humor just doesn't tickle my funny bone. But I felt there were some REALLY long lull points in this one. I know for a fact I laughed out loud at least once. Not sure about the rest of the book.

I'm probably not the target audience for this one. Miss.
I picked this up from the University Bookstore thinking it would be one of those books I could read a couple of pages here and there when I was eating on campus...but it is reads like a 15 year old wrote was Horrible, no was worse, it was EL HORRIBLE!
Ryan Bauman
A light-hearted, quirky way to gain a small glimpse into the large world of information that medical practioners learn posed in an anecdotal, frat-guy style that helps to disguise the value of the bits of medical information tucked in between the humour.
I've never read anything quite like this -- self-absorbed and self-congratualtory, but unique in that there is some genuine medical advice scattered within this juvenile text. Smart and goofy, like Mel Brooks on a page.
Still a very entertaining read but not as entertaining as its two predecessors. Why Do Men Have Nipples? & Why Do Men Fall Asleep After Having Sex?. But there is an oath and a diploma when you finish the book.
This is just a compendium of stupid body jokes that most of us already know, such as "Tell everyone you need to micturate!" e.g., you have to pee. Ultimately this was a boring book.
Jan 23, 2010 Ken rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody
Shelves: non-fiction, humor
This book was terrible. The authors think they are hilarious but they really aren't. The only reason I finished the book was because I had read the first two in the series.
Greg Parrott
Just not the usual book from these guys. The humor has slipped in my opinion. Almost like slap-stick. Read the first two these wrote together and stop there.
It was okay, but not nearly up-to-par with the previous two books by these authors. Still had some funny parts and quirky information, though.
Stacey Costas
It was fun, but nevertheless failed to be as good as the previous books of these two authors.
Not as funny as their previous books, but still somewhat humorous.
julia marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Dev Ediriweera
Dev Ediriweera marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Mohamed marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
Jillian Cross
Jillian Cross marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
Mindy marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Dave marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2015
Birgit marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Scott Blizzard
Scott Blizzard marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Mark Leyner is an American postmodernist author.

Leyner employs an intense and unconventional style in his works of fiction. His stories are generally humorous and absurd: In The Tetherballs of Bougainville, Mark's father survives a lethal injection at the hands of the New Jersey penal system, and so is freed but must live the remainder of his life in fear of being executed, at New Jersey's discret
More about Mark Leyner...