Start by marking “Let's Play Doctor: The Instant Guide to Walking, Talking, and Probing Like a Real M.D.” as Want to Read:

3.07  ·  Rating Details  ·  92 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
CONGRATULATIONS!

Your purchase of this book means that the admissions committee has thoroughly reviewed your application and we are pleased to welcome you to the Why Do Men Have Nipples School of Medicine.*
*A not quite fully accredited institution

Let’s Play Doctor is your instant guide to becoming a Real Fake Doctor. At the Why Do Men Have Nipples School of Medicine, we of
Published December 2nd 2008 by Crown Archetype (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Let's Play Doctor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Let's Play Doctor

Elizabeth Nesbit-comer
Stupid book.
Gabriella
I'd give this book a 1.5 actually- okay it is light-hearted, there are some parts that are trying to be funny- I think I don't appreciate this book as much since I am in the medical field, so it wasn't that interesting to me. I liked his other 2 books much, much more (Why do men have nipples & Why do men fall asleep after sex).
Richard Stephenson
I thought it was okay.

I guess this branch of humor just doesn't tickle my funny bone. But I felt there were some REALLY long lull points in this one. I know for a fact I laughed out loud at least once. Not sure about the rest of the book.

I'm probably not the target audience for this one. Miss.
Omar
Dec 04, 2009 Omar rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up from the University Bookstore thinking it would be one of those books I could read a couple of pages here and there when I was eating on campus...but it is reads like a 15 year old wrote it...it was Horrible, no wait...it was worse, it was EL HORRIBLE!
Ryan Bauman
Feb 16, 2009 Ryan Bauman rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: medicine
A light-hearted, quirky way to gain a small glimpse into the large world of information that medical practioners learn posed in an anecdotal, frat-guy style that helps to disguise the value of the bits of medical information tucked in between the humour.
Tim
Dec 23, 2008 Tim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've never read anything quite like this -- self-absorbed and self-congratualtory, but unique in that there is some genuine medical advice scattered within this juvenile text. Smart and goofy, like Mel Brooks on a page.
Jorge
Mar 18, 2009 Jorge rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still a very entertaining read but not as entertaining as its two predecessors. Why Do Men Have Nipples? & Why Do Men Fall Asleep After Having Sex?. But there is an oath and a diploma when you finish the book.
Kim
May 13, 2010 Kim rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is just a compendium of stupid body jokes that most of us already know, such as "Tell everyone you need to micturate!" e.g., you have to pee. Ultimately this was a boring book.
Ken
Jan 23, 2010 Ken rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody
Shelves: non-fiction, humor
This book was terrible. The authors think they are hilarious but they really aren't. The only reason I finished the book was because I had read the first two in the series.
Greg Parrott
Just not the usual book from these guys. The humor has slipped in my opinion. Almost like slap-stick. Read the first two these wrote together and stop there.
Joshua
Jan 02, 2013 Joshua rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was okay, but not nearly up-to-par with the previous two books by these authors. Still had some funny parts and quirky information, though.
Stacey Costas
It was fun, but nevertheless failed to be as good as the previous books of these two authors.
Jason
Apr 19, 2009 Jason rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not as funny as their previous books, but still somewhat humorous.
Nahla
Nahla marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Aslinn
Aslinn marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Trevor
Trevor marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Steve
Steve added it
Jun 26, 2016
Lisa Rounds
Lisa Rounds rated it really liked it
May 24, 2016
Jenn
Jenn marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Tadas Kepalas
Tadas Kepalas rated it liked it
May 05, 2016
Yunus
Yunus marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Aliff Asri
Aliff Asri marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
Maria T.
Maria T. marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
John
John marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2016
Apex157x
Apex157x marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Thegrasscutter Krasimir
Thegrasscutter Krasimir marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2016
brea caldwell
brea caldwell rated it did not like it
Feb 11, 2016
Sattva
Sattva rated it did not like it
Feb 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Mortal Syntax: 101 Language Choices That Will Get You Clobbered by the Grammar Snobs--Even If You're Right
  • Worst Laid Plans: When Bad Sex Happens to Good People
  • A Melon for Ecstasy
  • Reduced Shakespeare: The Attention-impaired Readers Guide to the World's Best Playwright
  • 50 Boyfriends Worse Than Yours
  • The Essential Book of Useless Information: The Most Unimportant Things You'll Never Need to Know
  • The World's Greatest Book of Useless Information: If You Thought You Knew All the Things You Didn't Need to Know - Think Again
  • Scared Sh*tless: 1,003 Facts That Will Scare the Sh*t Out of You
  • The Sexy Book of Sexy Sex
  • Mental Floss presents In the Beginning: From Big Hair to the Big Bang, mental_floss presents a Mouthwatering Guide to the Origins of Everything
  • The Big Bento Box of Unuseless Japanese Inventions
  • I Lick My Cheese And Other Notes: From The Frontline Of Flatsharing
  • Mental Floss: Scatterbrained
  • Things That Make Us (Sic): The Society for the Promotion of Good Grammar Takes on Madison Avenue, Hollywood, the White House, and the World
  • History's Worst Decisions
  • Napoleon's Privates: 2,500 Years of History Unzipped
  • This Will Kill You: A Guide to the Ways in Which We Go
  • Smells Like Dead Elephants: Dispatches from a Rotting Empire
Mark Leyner is an American postmodernist author.

Leyner employs an intense and unconventional style in his works of fiction. His stories are generally humorous and absurd: In The Tetherballs of Bougainville, Mark's father survives a lethal injection at the hands of the New Jersey penal system, and so is freed but must live the remainder of his life in fear of being executed, at New Jersey's discret
More about Mark Leyner...