Start by marking “Insect Museum: Describing 114 Species of Insects and Other Arthropods, Including Their Natural History and Environment” as Want to Read:

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Close-ups of a miniature universe.

This innovative reference explores the fascinating world of insects and allows readers to discover the intricacies of these tiny creatures in a striking and completely original way.

"Insect Museum" features 114 extreme close-up photographs of butterflies, dragonflies, beetles and flies, as well as spiders and centipedes, that allow readers
Published November 1st 2009 by Firefly Books

To ask other readers questions about Insect Museum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Insect Museum

Andrea
The photos in this book are amazing. We love it and so does our three year old daughter. I think it is a great introduction for kids so they don't grow up afraid of bugs.
Avery
I really like bugs. If I had a better mind for holding on to weird words and less of an aversion to sleeping outside or talking in front of a large group of people, I probably would have seriously considered going in to entomology. Arthropods have always fascinated me, though, so when I ran across this book I had to read it.

Dourlot focuses on insects (really all arthropods despite the title) found in her native France. The more I read of this, the more I wished there was something exactly like i
Belinda Jonak
Nice photography/illustrations. A few typos (or perhaps translation errors, I think the author is french). Species described are mostly not native to North America.
Jenn
Used the photos in this book for reference while planning a never finished painting.
Sunny
Sunny marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
S
S marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Angel
Angel added it
Aug 03, 2014
Carrie
Carrie marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Brian1015
Brian1015 marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2014
Sakhawat Ali
Sakhawat Ali marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2013
Amaresh Kumar
Amaresh Kumar marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
Cicadinae
Cicadinae is currently reading it
Sep 25, 2013
Jaime
Jaime marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2013
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
Rachelle DeMunck
Rachelle DeMunck is currently reading it
Jul 25, 2013
Mohammed
Mohammed marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2013
Niko Silvester
Niko Silvester marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2012
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2012
Jeremy
Jeremy marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2011