Start by marking “Game of Universe” as Want to Read:
Game of Universe

Game of Universe

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  198 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Germain, an assassin, is part of a group of 13 people offered a unique challenge--find the Holy Grail in one year and be rewarded with a planetary system, fail and lose your soul. Germain has an advantage--the ability to absorb the consciousness of his victims. Yet during his quest, his inner personalities begin battling for singular control of his body. Original.
Published January 1st 1997 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Game of Universe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Game of Universe

Heir to the Empire by Timothy ZahnThe Last Command by Timothy ZahnDark Force Rising by Timothy ZahnPath of Destruction by Drew KarpyshynRule of Two by Drew Karpyshyn
Best galactic fantasy books
27th out of 89 books — 49 voters
The Name of the Wind by Patrick RothfussStorm Front by Jim ButcherHounded by Kevin HearneThe Wise Man's Fear by Patrick RothfussZero Sight by B. Justin Shier
Contemporary Fantasy for Guys
436th out of 487 books — 394 voters

More lists with this book...

Steven
This is my absolute favorite book that I have read thus far. Talk about a sci-fi twist on the search for the Holy Grail. This was the first book of Eric Nylund's that I read and his writing style is so easy to read and you just continue to want more. I go back to this book every year or so to re-read, and I'm never disappointed.
Cj
Jan 10, 2008 Cj rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
This book is my favorite book of all time!!!! It's incredible: the plot, the characters, the twists. Too bad I can't find it anymore. *tear
Tips
Excellent book for those that like reading about games, assassins, multiple personalities or quests.Could also be of interest to those that like books about the holy grail. There's enough cyberpunk.sci-fi elements to entertain fans of the genre but it's toned down enough not to put off the casual reader.

One of my favourite books, unfortunately Nylund has never come close to writing anything along the same lines.
Mike
Mar 01, 2008 Mike rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: sci-fi fans, fans of games and contests
I'm a sucker for a good "game novel". That is to say that any book that is about a character taking part in a big competition is a big interest to me. True, off hand the only books with this plot device are this and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire but still, both use the device very well.
Basically this is a science fiction space opera about a guy with about 7 personalities living in his head(it's complicated and explained much better in the book than I ever could) that uses a ticket to get i
Allen Massey
An early book from Eric Nylund, but I think it is one of his best.

Gives a hard sf slant on magic with excellent character development and plot.
Andrew
I re-read this one pretty regularly. It remains fresh and original and is a well-told tale. Highly recommend.
David
This is such a simple and simply written book, but there is a wistful quality about it and the story that keeps drawing me back. Cloaked in the deliberately cliche elements of a space opera, this story turns out to be a gentle fable about loneliness and longing.

This is a book that I go back to and reread.
Christopher
The first book that I read of Mr. Nylund's. I then quickly purchased Pawn's Game and Dry Water. Loved all of them. Can't wait to read All That Lives Must Die!
Christian Martin
Currently my favorite book I've ever read. An awesome adventure. It's fast, smart, and stylish. Features a really cool magic system. Great characters.
Kristopher
Unique, rich science fiction/fantasy world.
Story of sin, harrowing, redemption, bears further allegorical, philosophical, psychological analysis.
Jeremy
This along with Nylunds Pawn's Dream are among my favorite books
Jonathan
Games can be fixed in your favour.
Paul O'nion
Gripping and simply fantastic
Errel
Errel marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Griffin Vanderschaeghe
Griffin Vanderschaeghe marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Stephanie Williams
Stephanie Williams marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Kristina
Kristina marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Dalen
Dalen marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Gwilym Meyrick
Gwilym Meyrick marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Al Parsons
Al Parsons marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Jimmy
Jimmy marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Vansinne
Vansinne marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2015
  • The Edge of Human (Blade Runner, #2)
  • The Silicon Man
  • Memory Wire
  • Halo
  • The Artificial Kid (Context, San Francisco)
  • Crystal Nights and Other Stories
  • Alien Blood: Psion / Catspaw (Cat, #1-2)
  • Budayeen Nights
  • The Jazz
  • Heathern
  • Hour of the Horde
  • In the Drift
  • Timelike Diplomacy
  • Bill, the Galactic Hero on the Planet of Ten Thousand Bars (Bill, #6)
  • Arthur C. Clarke: 2001/A Space Odyssey, The City And The Stars, The Deep Range, A Fall Of Moondust, Rendevous With Rama
  • Rim
  • Criptonomicón III: El código Aretusa
  • Little Heroes
Halo: The Fall of Reach Halo: First Strike Halo: Ghosts of Onyx Halo: The Fall of Reach, The Flood, First Strike (Halo, #1-3) Mortal Coils (Mortal Coils, #1)