Start by marking “International Relations ” as Want to Read:
International Relations

International Relations

3.67  ·  Rating Details  ·  202 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Top-selling text in its field, "International "Relations, provides unparalleled coverage of international political economy, traditional and alternative theoretical perspectives, technology, and contemporary global events. Completely updated. Expanded and updated coverage of the ongoing war in Iraq, nuclear proliferation in North Korea and Iran; the new Palestinian leaders ...more
Paperback, 7th Edition, 597 pages
Published July 1st 2005 by Longman Publishing Group (first published September 1993)

To ask other readers questions about International Relations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about International Relations

Yousra
كان هذا الكتاب مقررا علينا في مادة العلاقات الدولية في السنة الثانية من الكلية ... أعجبني الكتاب ومازلت احتفظ به وربما استخدمته حتى وقت تخرجي على الرغم من أن أستاذ المادة قد طالته اتهامات وصلت إلى حد اتهامه بالتطبيع مع إسرائيل لأن مؤلف الكتاب يهودي ... ووصل الأمر للصحافة وتصدى له أحد الصحفيين الذين يجوز عليهم وصف "المطبلاتي" وقد وجد في ذلك مادة خصبة لتوزيع اتهامات لا بأس بها مما يعجب العامة، وعلى الرغم من مرور الكتاب على العديد من الأجهزة الرقابية نظرا لكون كليتي حكومية وإن كان القسم الإنجليزي ا ...more
Star Shining Forever
Apr 05, 2014 Star Shining Forever rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes political science, international relations, and/or history
Recommended to Star Shining Forever by: Thomas Edison State College
This book is required for the Thomas Edison State College online course "International Relations I" (POS-315). Just be careful on this one that you get a fairly recent version, only a couple years behind the current year. I got the 2010-2011 version and it worked great for the class I took in 2014. It's an engaging book. You'll read the whole thing in the class.

This is important information if you're taking the TESC course. The book has an online companion (at www.MyPoliSciKit.com). GET IT. Even
Nicky
I was pretty happy with this book. It was a very holistic and widely-scoped introduction to international relations. It is not as if the common person can get through life without knowing a bit about international relations. It is on the news, we talk about international events and happenings because they affect all of us. I have taken an interest in these kinds of issues even before I cracked open this book. BUT I feel much more informed about the basics like the difference between types of war ...more
Anna
The writing tends to be a bit dry in parts, but the concepts are presented in a logic manner and are often tied together forming a bigger picture. This version was up to date as of the beginning of 2009.
Kevin
Sep 18, 2014 Kevin rated it really liked it
The book was a bit dry in areas but for the most part it was really informative and smooth reading. Great book, really enjoyed it and I learned a lot about geopolitics.
Valentin
Jun 09, 2015 Valentin rated it really liked it
Despre RI și nu numai. O carte foarte bine structurată, cuprinzătoare și cu explicații clare.
Monica Parkes
Oct 01, 2015 Monica Parkes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this book for one of my political science classes at UW Milwaukee.
Jatin
well
Daniela
Nov 27, 2011 Daniela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: International Relations Majors/Minors
This was an excellent introduction book. The text was clear and thorough. The only reason why I gave it 4/5 stars is because my professor felt the need to include supplemental reading as the main text (this book) did not cover everything necessary. Yet, the things that were not covered were few in number and easily accessed elsewhere.
BGP
Dec 28, 2010 BGP rated it did not like it
International Relations. or "International Relations for Dummies?" The latter, it seems. That said, it should be noted that the text would serve as a decent introduction for precocious and politically minded young adults.
Kirk Bower
Very well done. This is the text i wanted to use in a global class, but what do i know.
Dan
Dec 09, 2013 Dan added it
book for school, well-done but a subject that doesn't interest me at all
Stuart
Jun 09, 2013 Stuart rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Not a bad textbook, I like how it is often updated very frequently”
Sebastian Cosgrove
Jul 06, 2008 Sebastian Cosgrove rated it it was ok
McDonald's fast food version of international relations.
Susie
Apr 07, 2008 Susie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks
Textbook. Good basic overview of Int'l Relations.
columbialion
Apr 22, 2011 columbialion rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book was the text used in INR 2002 class
Mike
Dec 06, 2013 Mike rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
sufficient for a text book.
Wenlu Ma
Wenlu Ma is currently reading it
Jun 24, 2016
Silvio Molina irias
Silvio Molina irias marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Maribeth Matti
Maribeth Matti marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Siti Nor Afifah
Siti Nor Afifah rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2016
GANI
GANI marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Nagyika
Nagyika marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Thant Lwin
Thant Lwin marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2016
Kanav
Kanav marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Amelita Lusia
Amelita Lusia marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
  • The Globalization of World Politics: An Introduction to International Relations
  • Chienne de Guerre: A Woman Reporter Behind the Lines of the War in Chechnya
  • Invisible Chains: Canada's Underground World of Human Trafficking
  • Never the Hope Itself: Love and Ghosts in Latin America and Haiti
  • The Scent of Water: Grace for Every Kind of Broken
  • The Future of Power
  • More Than Good Intentions: How a New Economics Is Helping to Solve Global Poverty
  • The Politics of United States Foreign Policy
  • Reinventing Foreign Aid
  • A Russian Diary: A Journalist's Final Account of Life, Corruption & Death in Putin's Russia
  • Farewell to Prague