Start by marking “King Raven Trilogy (Hood, Scarlet & Tuck) Box Set” as Want to Read:
King Raven Trilogy (Hood, Scarlet & Tuck) Box Set

King Raven Trilogy (Hood, Scarlet & Tuck) Box Set (King Raven #1-3)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  407 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Box Set Trilogy
Hood
Scarlet
Tuck
Published October 1st 2009 by Thomas Nelson (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about King Raven Trilogy (Hood, Scarlet & Tuck) Box Set, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about King Raven Trilogy (Hood, Scarlet & Tuck) Box Set

Alex Telander
Stephen R. Lawhead’s Robin Hood trilogy – Hood (2006), Scarlet (2007), and Tuck (2009) – received much acclaim and became big bestsellers when they were released, as he presented one of the more complete and superior epic tales of this forest hero and his band of merry men. In 2011, for those looking to read the trilogy for the first time, or for those hardcore fans, Thomas Nelson released all three books in a single mighty volume, allowing readers to put it up on their shelf next to their copie ...more
Tom Lambrecht
I love Lawhead's writing. Here, he re-imagines the Robin Hood legend in a specific Welsh historical setting. The characters are well developed. The plot is interesting. The motivation of Robin Hood is justice, for which he will give his life and in pursuit of which he will never give up. The progress of the books is unflagging and the conclusion highly satisfying.
Josiah Degraaf
Very unique re-telling of the story of Robin Hood. A lot of the time, I felt like the story wasn't progressing much, however, until the last book when a final resolution is actually reached. I enjoyed the series when reading through it, but I feel like, as a series, it could have been reworked so that a lot of the plot advances were more meaningful (both Book I and Book II end with Hood discovering that everything he thought would make them gain freedom wouldn't work at all, so that most events ...more
Gary
Every once in a while a book comes along that doesn't quite fit in a five star rating system. King Raven is one of those.... six stars at least. It is a retelling of an age-old story, but what a retelling.

I didn't realize that I was reading a re-imagining of Robin Hood, so I missed the inference to the first character. But at the introduction of characters two and three I could hardly wait to see how he introduced the main protagonist. Not to be disappointed. In addition to the wonderful story
Pamela Berkman
I did enjoy this. Lawhead definitely has a fresh and original take on Robin Hood. Bran ap Brychan, who will become Rhi Bran (King Bran) y Hud, and eventually metamorphose into Robin Hood, is a classic hero character who begins the trilogy as something of a rogue and has to mature and grow to accept the leadership and responsibility that is his fate. Each book has a just-surprising-enough plot twist at the end, which makes for a satisfactory reading experience. The romance between Bran and Lawhea ...more
Alana Bleness
Excellent historic fiction! I loved his theory that the actually Robin Hood was a Welshman resisting the Norman invasion. Each book is written in a different character's voice, which lent some interesting perspective to the story, although at first it seemed like an odd idea.
Nicholas
*SPOILERS*
~
Thus ends my journey with Rhi Bran y Hud.

I very much enjoyed the book, and this will definitely stay in my library.

The only grievance I have is that the ending of Tuck was just a bit anticlimactic.

Rhi Bran regained the Throne of Elfael, but the author spent most of 'Tuck', Book Three of the Trilogy, leading me to believe a massive battle was coming. In chapter 41, the last chapter before the Epilogue, King William sued for peace.

Other than that little Grievance, I enjoyed thi
Luke Heath
Delightful. Lawhead really can spin a tale. His historical background plays such an important role in his stories that they add an extra dimension to the fabric of his stories. One of my favorite authors.
Susan
This enjoyable trilogy sets the story of Robin Hood in Wales in the first generation after the Norman Conquest. The problem with any version of this hero’s story is giving a thief legitimacy. This version makes the protagonist, King Bran (in Welsh, Rhi Bran), a prince driven from his birthright by the invading Normans. It portrays his followers as dispossessed and desperate rather than a band of merry rogues. In general it is well-researched (in spite of an unfortunate reference to the Black Dea ...more
Carolynmc
Thoroughly enjoyed this adventure in the Greenwood. Didn't realize I had started a trilogy when reading the first book, Hood. But well worth it.
Patricia Blinn mckay
How can anyone ever resist a Robin Hood novel?

Anything Stephen R. Lawhead writes seems to be a work of art. He writes intelligent novels for people who like to read stories of substance and historical fiction.

I strongly recommend this series to any one 6th grade - 100 years old. My nephew read it at our home while in 5th grade on several occasions just because of the humor and adventure.

It is a new twist on Robin Hood -- anything you ever thought you knew from legend or prior novels has to be th
Zoe
Interesting approach to the story. Don't think the individual books would stand very well on their own. The story is a solid four stars, with the storytelling getting better and better in each book. The formatting/proof reading is terrible, especially in the first and second books. At times I felt like I was correcting a student paper, with up to ten errors in a page. It really tanked my enjoyment of the story in parts but I'm glad I finished since it got so much better. A publisher would never ...more
Jacob Brown
Sep 25, 2014 Jacob Brown rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes fantasy novels
Awesome books
Luci
This was my first undertaking by Lawhead and I have to admit I was impressed. He kept the story interesting by switching narrators and the language was easy and unfettered as he developed the story to its end. I would definitely recommend this as an appropriate book to read in school. The religion in it is not overbearing but appropriate in places. I was happy to see how he developed the tale of Bran and put his own spin on the legends.
Darryl
Stephen Lawhead never ceases to amaze and delight with his take on traditional tales. This reworking of the Robin Hood (Ry Bran the Hud)tale is a masterpiece. I think he comes closer to the original tales of Harrod the Wake from what I have heard of them. This takes place in Wales during the early years of the Norman conquest rather than during Kings Richard and John and Nottingham. But as you read, it will make infinitely more sense!
LadyCroft86
This book was OK. The plot was a little slow moving for me in the beginning but the last book was very exciting and moved faster. It was interesting to see Robin Hood in a different light and in a different time. This book wasn't amazing, but it was entertaining. If you liked this book, I would recommend the Pendragon Cycle also by Stephen R. Lawhead, those books are amazing.
As a huge Robin Hood fan I admit, it took me a few hundred pages to get used to the name Rhi Bran instead of Robin. And the fact that the books are set in Wales instead of Nottingham and the Sherwood Forest.

But I really grew to love the books. Lawhead has described a world so real it really makes you wonder, if the tale of Robin Hood has it´s roots in Wales after all.
Eric Roberts
Stephan R. Lawhead did not fail to deliver yet another masterfully written piece on a folklore favorite, Robin Hood. He adds a lot of historical perspective at what may be the origin of the legend at what their reality may have been. Great read for folklorist and folks who enjoy historical fiction and tales of legendary figures. I highly recommend this series.
Brad Kirk
I finally finished it! For some reason I quit reading this about 150 pages into Tuck, the final book in the King Raven trilogy. Glad I finally got around to finishing it. All three of these books are enjoyable and they provide a great alternate telling of the Robin Hood tale we all know so well. Worth the read, for sure.
Danielle
very interesting take on robin hood.
Michael Smith
A compilation of three books, Hood, Scarlet and Tuck. I have reviewed each of the three individually below:

Hood: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
Scarlet: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
Tuck: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
Jennifer Parker
I enjoyed this series a lot. A twist on robin hood that I found interesting. The audio book was also done well as I see witch between reading and listening for this series. I would read it again probably down the road.
Tracy
I enjoyed the book. All the books went well together and it was easy to imagine everything going on. Some parts of the book were a little boring but once you got through it it picked up again and got interesting.
Clivemichael Justice
Masterful storytelling. History comes alive, a wonderful reconstruction of the roots of this legend. The spirit and determination of the invaded shines like a sword flashing in the sun at the edge of the forest.
Yankey
Sometimes I kick myself for picking up a retelling. I thought this was unnecessary and not engaging enough for me to warrant the re-scripting of the Robin Hood legend.
Ashley
Hood, the first book was a bit slow and didn't really grab my attention until near the end, but both Scarlet and Tuck were very good.
Mandell Degerness
rather enjoyed the whole series. The early part of Tuck slowed me down for a while though. It's end is worth the effort.
John
all really good books. another example of lawheads amazing style.
Darlene5008
Loved it, loved it, loved it!!!
  • Hodd
  • A Story as Sharp as a Knife: The Classical Haida Mythtellers and Their World
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • Good King Harry
  • The Kitchen Knight: A Tale of King Arthur
  • Stolen Magic (A Tale of Two Castles, #2)
  • The Reenchantment of the World
  • The Sword of the Silver Knight (The Boxcar Children Mysteries #103)
  • Looking for Lovedu: A Woman's Journey Through Africa
  • The Mark of Salvation (Scottish Crown, #3)
  • Louis Riel and Gabriel Dumont: A Penguin Lives Biography
  • The European Reformations
  • Medieval Life
  • The Seven Swords (Otherworld Chronicles, #2)
  • Famous Men of the Middle Ages
  • The Minstrel in the Tower
  • Void (Hex, #1-3)
  • The World is Moving Around Me: A Memoir of the Haiti Earthquake
Stephen R. Lawhead is an internationally acclaimed author of mythic history and imaginative fiction. His works include Byzantium, Patrick, and the series The Pendragon Cycle, The Celtic Crusades, and The Song of Albion.

Also see his fanpage at Myspace:

Stephen was born in 1950, in Nebraska in the USA. Most of his early life was spent in America where he earned
More about Stephen R. Lawhead...

King Raven (3 books)
  • Hood (King Raven, #1)
  • Scarlet (King Raven, #2)
  • Tuck (King Raven, #3)
Taliesin (The Pendragon Cycle #1) Hood (King Raven, #1) Arthur (The Pendragon Cycle #3) Merlin (The Pendragon Cycle, #2) Scarlet (King Raven, #2)