Start by marking “Thy Neighbor's Wife” as Want to Read:
Thy Neighbor's Wife

Thy Neighbor's Wife

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  679 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Alex Foster's life is exactly as she wants it. She's quit her job as an English teacher and has decided to hole up in her newly acquired lake house for the summer to try her hand at writing a novel. She has close friends; she has her dog; she plays volleyball. She is content.

Jennifer Wainwright is a young, wealthy suburbanite who's life is exactly as she expected it would
Published August 1st 2003 by Regal Crest Enterprises, LLC (first published January 5th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Thy Neighbor's Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thy Neighbor's Wife

Tipping the Velvet by Sarah WatersFingersmith by Sarah WatersAnnie on My Mind by Nancy GardenKeeping You a Secret by Julie Anne PetersFried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg
Best Lesbian Fiction
47th out of 1,244 books — 1,502 voters
And Playing the Role of Herself by K.E. LaneWaiting in the Wings by Melissa BraydenJericho by Ann McManHow Sweet It Is by Melissa BraydenThirteen Hours by Meghan O'Brien
Best F/F Romance Books
213th out of 617 books — 459 voters

More lists with this book...

M
Feb 25, 2013 M rated it really liked it
Another excellent 4 star book (although I would personal rate this one at 4.5 stars).

This is my favourite book by this author so far - I'm a sucker for the straight girl falling for the lesbian next door story line.

great characters, great settings, well handled romance and all the ups and downs you require to ensure that by the end you are completely engaged and rooting for the home team.
Raven
Jan 23, 2012 Raven rated it it was amazing
I believe I'm beginning to really love Ms. Beers's books, each one is differant (the only thing that happens to seem the same is the love for dogs), each story is delicately thought out and given unique quirks. It's slowly pulled together over time, the characters don't suddenly fan into love/lust like so many other romance stories, the relationship between characters is build over time and months, with normal bumps in the road that make everything seem life like and yet still magical. I really ...more
Kirsty Morris
Jul 10, 2011 Kirsty Morris rated it it was amazing
Loved this. An easy read, with characters you can relate to. I recently discovered Georgia Beers as an author and read every one of her books within a couple of weeks! They are all well written and easy to lose yourself in. Refreshing to find some lesbian fiction that isn't just erotica!
Dee
Aug 27, 2012 Dee rated it liked it
Niamh Murphy
Jun 13, 2013 Niamh Murphy rated it really liked it
Read my full Review here: http://niamhmurphyauthor.blogspot.co....

Overall ‘Thy Neighbours Wife’ is a great summer read, it’s light, but satisfying and intelligent. It examines trust and commitment and really delivers a good solid romance that I will probably go back to again and again.
Pauline George
excellent have read this three times now and still find something I missed. It's very well written and the characters well defined.
Rain
Sep 30, 2015 Rain rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt, read-in-english, fa
Jennifer y su esposo Eric se acaban de mudar a una hermosa y tranquila casa junto al lago. En su primer día, Jennifer conoce a Kinsey, un juguetón perrito con collar que parece haberse escapado de su casa y poco después conoce a Alex, su preocupada dueña.

Ambas mujeres se hacen amigas de manera inmediata y empiezan a pasar mucho tiempo juntas. Poco después Alex la anima a unirse a su equipo de voleibol playero, en el que juega junto a sus amigos, todos en sus 30's.

Y así continúa la historia, en l
Lee_wa
Jul 17, 2014 Lee_wa rated it liked it
It's probably more like a 2.5, a pass mark. Formulaic but a page turner none the less. I read in two nights which is fast for me! Her characters are likeable but cliched. I don't get the fanfic reference to Zena because I never watched it. That's probably a good thing! Read if you want to be entertained but not amazed.
Catherine
Mar 03, 2015 Catherine rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the characters in this book. I liked their connection and the banter between the two of them. As always I love the addition of the puppy dog that Georgia brings to her books. It was a really enjoyable read and think I will reread this one again in the near future.
Ashley Roque
Jan 02, 2016 Ashley Roque rated it liked it
I love Beers. Just wish she would have chosen a different motive for stealing someone's wife. I guess, you have to have reason to justify such a break up. But...I think she can come up with a more creative, true-to-life reason that is better than a slightly abusive husband.
Krisz
Dec 16, 2014 Krisz rated it it was ok
My issue with this book was the font. It's so hard to read and looks cheap.
The story was ok, the usual girl meets girl and falls in love. Happily ever after.
Are there any lesbian fiction books out there that have a great story? I'm open to suggestions. I'm bored with this crap.
ybnrmalatall
Jun 13, 2015 ybnrmalatall rated it it was ok
It was okay. I cringed about every page at how boringly predictable it was though.
Julieta M. Steyr
Oct 25, 2015 Julieta M. Steyr rated it it was ok
It's horrible! Full of stereotypes and boring until page 50
Milkiways
Jan 23, 2014 Milkiways rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, lesfic
Its a quick read but, nothing is special about this book.though The same usual writing style, girl meets girl then, they get together. If you have nothing better to do,read this book.
Brittany
Jan 16, 2016 Brittany rated it liked it
not the best, not the worst
Chand
Jan 17, 2016 Chand rated it it was ok
It's an average book with a predictable plot. There's hardly any chemistry between the protagonists. The characters, however, are well defined and Georgia Beers is a good writer. I think I would've rated it much higher in the year it was published, but lesbian literature has come a long way since then.
Starsandsun
Sep 17, 2015 Starsandsun rated it liked it
3.5.
Anna
Feb 01, 2015 Anna rated it really liked it
This book was really easy to read, great for a lazy day. The story was great and believable if a little predictable. As with all romance novels, I tend to lose interest once the main characters actually get together, which was true with this story too, but I did finish the book which is not always the case and the build up to Alex and Jen getting together was a great read.
Cheri
Feb 02, 2015 Cheri rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, just as I've enjoyed the others that I've read by the author. My review is located on http://reviews.c-spot.net/archives/51.

**Going to do a re-read of this one. Can't believe it's 11 years old. Time flies! - Ok, just finished the reread. I liked it, again. Beers writes good, down to earth, real characters. She has a gift for it.
Morgan
Aug 20, 2012 Morgan rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesbian, uber
Predictable but cute story. Much of the dialogue is excellent and quite snappy. Most importantly, the characters seem real and have been fully fleshed out into interesting people. The last thirty or fifty pages are a bit meh, but overall a really enjoyable book.
Xejx
Oct 08, 2015 Xejx rated it liked it
Shelves: lesbian
Very cliché and totally predictable at every stage but still got me hooked. It's a good easy read but nothing more than that
Carrie
Dec 02, 2013 Carrie rated it it was amazing
A very good read and very interesting....loved every minute of it.
Gill
Jul 06, 2008 Gill rated it liked it
Shelves: 2007, month-04
Fairly well-written if rather predictable.
Whoopy
Feb 17, 2015 Whoopy rated it liked it
Nice story, I liked the pace of it...
Maria T.
Maria T. marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Zoran
Zoran added it
Feb 04, 2016
Riess Puri
Riess Puri rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Linnin
Linnin rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Shannon Taylor
Shannon Taylor marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
  • Fierce Overture
  • Battle Scars
  • Winds of Heaven
  • Come and Get Me
Lambda and Golden Crown Literary Award-winning author Georgia Beers lives in Rochester, New York. She has been writing for as long as she can remember, and published her first lesbian novel in 2000.
More about Georgia Beers...