Midnight Angel (Midnight, #3)

Midnight Angel (Midnight #3)

4.11 of 5 stars 4.11  ·  rating details  ·  2,023 ratings  ·  131 reviews
Her nightmares don't stop when she opens her eyes…

In one night, talented musician Allegra Ennis lost her sight, her father and her career in a brutal attack she can't remember. Now she's alone in a world of darkness, her only company the nightmares in her head…and a killer is stalking her every move.

Scarred and disfigured by war, tough former SEAL Douglas Kowalski never th...more
Trade Paperback, 300 pages
Published December 31st 2006 by Ellora's Cave (first published August 17th 2005)

Beauty by Robin McKinleyLord of Scoundrels by Loretta ChaseBeastly by Alex FlinnLover Awakened by J.R. WardWhen Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James
Beauty and the Beast
21st out of 399 books — 865 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesDark Lover by J.R. WardFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia Day
Favorite Erotic Romance
90th out of 1,697 books — 2,141 voters

More lists with this book...

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

This is book three in the Midnight series and my favorite of them all because not only was it was an incredibly hot read but more importantly, it was also a beautiful love story. I’d venture to say it was a Beauty and the Beast meets An Officer and a Gentleman modern day fairy tale.

Douglas’ face was horribly scarred. People either stared at him or looked away. He knew he wasn’t attractive in the least, and that women were repulsed by his appearance, so when Allegra was introduced to him and didn...more
Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict
Jan 25, 2013 Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict by: KindleRomance Reviews
This just my be my favorite book from the Midnight series. As all the reviews I've read said this was a "Beauty and the Beast" love story and it was beautiful. I absolutely fell in love with Douglas! He was so beautifully gentle with Allegra, a recently blinded young woman who was beaten, and because of the brutal beating lost her eyesight.

Don't let his gentleness for Allegra fool you, he is a warrior and when his Allegra is threatened he will stop at nothing to make her world safe for her. We a...more
Auntee
Mar 07, 2008 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romance fans; Erotic romance fans
This is my favorite Lisa Marie Rice book so far. It's basically a Beauty and the Beast type story. The heroine (Allegra) is a beautiful singer/musician who recently lost her sight after a brutal attack that she can't remember; the hero (Douglas) is an opera loving, former Navy SEAL, scarred and disfigured by war. Douglas is far from handsome, but he has a beautiful soul, and Allegra can see that. When Allegra's life is threatened by a stalker, Douglas does everything he can to protect her.
Dougla...more
Gina
Another hot steamy book, short, intense and wonderful. I liked this book the best out of the series, It is a modern day erotica version of Beauty and the Beast. Douglas is a big scary macho caveman with a heart as big as the moon. Lover of music and the beauty he finds in it. He is stunned and speechless when he hears Allegra singing. Douglas is quite used to people being intimated and frightened of him, he has a terrible scar on his face and has gotten quite good at not letting anyone in or see...more
Eastofoz
Mar 12, 2009 Eastofoz rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Readers looking for a beauty & the beast theme
Recommended to Eastofoz by: Auntee
*Sigh sigh* and we’re talking the good kind here ;) Douglas Kowalski –not a name I’d associate with OMG-short intake of breath-followed by another-OMG with some tears pooling in your eyes. What a great character :) He will melt your heart. He’s a do not mess with kind of guy who just turns into a loveable teddy bear around Allegra. Rice has the beauty and the beast theme down pat here without getting too sticky sweet. There’s some very hot tamale steam going on too(!). She did do a very good (an...more
L8blmr
Jun 10, 2008 L8blmr rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romantica/erotica lovers not offended by some strong language
Recommended to L8blmr by: Shellie (THANK YOU!)
Ladies, when you're right, you're RIGHT! I LOVED this book! I got so wrapped up in it, I completely stopped jumping from it to the other books I'm currently reading. The hero - as tough as they come, but so sweet, tender and giving when dealing with the heroine. And Allegra - a formerly self-assured woman with newly acquired vulnerabilities, both empotional and physical, but not TSL (in fact, a musical genius). A couple with an instant attraction, no stupid misunderstandings, a genuine (albeit F...more
Fani

My second LMR book and my favorite so far. Her plots seem to be the same more or less: powerful, strong man meets beautiful woman and they fall in love within a a few days' period, while some bad guys are after them. And they have a lot of sex during those days. I mean a lot of HOT sex!

Though these books may sound as a huge cliche, I like them! They'll never be candidates for a pulitzer prize, but they're well-written, entertaining, fast paced, have some very yummy heroes and surprising...more
Ingela
4,3 Stars - I love these "cave men" - so alpha.

Another hot, exciting and fun book in the Midnight Series by Lisa Marie Rice. Midnight Angel, the third and last book in the series was just like the other two a story about a big tough ex-warrior (former SEAL) who finds his first love in a beautiful girl in need.

Douglas Kowalski is not pretty but he loves beautiful music and when he meets the blind singer Allegra Ennis, he becomes captivated by her. She is the most beautiful thing he had ever seen...more
Lady Heather
Loved it!

The best one in the series (my opinion)!

This was such an amazing rendition of "Beauty and the Beast"!

Douglas *swoon* loved your patience, kindness, tenderness, and above all your love for sweet Allegra!

Bravo!
Kathleen
Content: Several explicit M/F sex scenes, bloody murder, several F-bombs, too much profanity (for me)

Love this beauty and the beast story. This is erotic suspense with a strong overtone of tender romance, and one of my personal favorites by this author. It's book 3 in the Midnight series. It stands alone, but is more meaningful if you read the series in order. Several scenes include John and Suzanne from Midnight Man -- the first book in the series (and also good). We see just a little of Bud an...more
Dina
Feb 15, 2009 Dina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Dina by: Melissab
I love Beauty and the Beast stories, and 'Midnight Angel' is a book that follows that kind of storyline. Knowing that, it was a sure bet I´d like this book. :)

This is the most emotional book of the Midnight series, but I sometimes felt that LMR could have "toned down" her charaterization of Douglas and Allegra. I mean, he was so wonderful, sweet and caring, it was like he was "the" ultimate romance hero (apart from his "ugliness", that is); and she was so nice, talented and beautiful... It was t...more
D.G.
Midnight Angel started with a bang but fizzled in the middle. Kowalski and Alanna, our two main characters, meet just before armed men attempt to rob famous jewels being exhibited in the event they are attending. Seeing Kowalski evaluate the situation and take charge was thrilling, specially because it showed the mad skillz he acquired as a SEAL. After the exciting action at the beginning, the book took the predictable path for this series where the couple spent a couple of days isolated from ot...more
Kathrynn
May 14, 2008 Kathrynn rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Romantic Suspense Fans
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee
This is book #3 in the Midnight series, but all three books seem to occur around the same time period and overlap. It was neat reading the events from another character's point of view. The entire series is man sees woman, woman sees man, both have INSTANT attraction. None of the "couple arguments." Nice!

This is a beauty and the beast type theme. Really there wasn't anything particularly great and suspenseful except the characters--they were so neat. They made this book. I found the book to be v...more
Awilk -never sleeps-
This is the third of the midnight books and after reading all three, I can say that they are better once you have read them all, as the stories are all heavily linked.
Overall, this book was my least favourite, as I was let down by the fact that Douglas was partnered with a blind woman as if a sighted woman could never fall in love with him. I also didn't like how Sarah and Claire reacted to his looks as if they made him less then the loving, protective man he is.
The romance in this one was as go...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third in the Midnight series by Lisa Marie Rice. You don't need to read the others to enjoy this, though. Another beauty and the beast story but I loved it. Douglas Kowalski is the beast. Horribly scarred by war, Douglas is a former Navy SEAL and now working with John Huntington from Mignight Man. Allegra Ennis is a beautiful musician who is blinded by her crazy agent.

Spicy, as in habanero spicy! My favorite of the series.
Elaine
4.5 This may be my favorite of the 3 books in the series.

Allegra, the Irish musician, is performing at a private event when gunmen show, terrorizing the patrons. This is her 1st performance since she was blinded months earlier, in an attack forgotten due to amnesia from a head injury.

John and Suzanne (from bk 1) have a guest w/ them at the even, Douglas Kowalski, who, enamored with her beauty and musical talents, grabs and safely hides her under the stage while the attack is carried out.

Douglas...more
Shannon C.
I liked the suspenseful story and the characters of this book. The heroine was an aspiring musician who was attacked previously. Her head injury put her into a coma and she lost her sight. At the time of the story, she is still dealing with the aftermath of the attack and trying to adjust to being blind. The hero was a rough, tough soldier with a craggy, sun wrinkled face, crooked nose (from being broken several times) and a facial scar left over from a knife wound. A real man's man who is often...more
Monique
3.5 stars.

There were parts of this I loved and part I didn't love.

I loved Douglas. Who cares about his looks. When you have a man as loving and protective as him. He was such a great hero. So patient and kind, tender and loving, yet still with some alpha tendencies. He was my favourite thing in this book. And the reason why I rounded this up.

But still things irritated me. I hate the timing this author uses in this series.

And the message this book creates. I know the author probably didn't mean...more
Jane Stewart
3.5 stars. Blind woman and ugly man fall in love. A psycho is scaring her and plans to kill her.

STORY BRIEF:
Allegra is a singer who reminds me of Enya. Her manager Corey is giving her bad advice. When Allegra breaks her contract with Corey, Corey kills her father and beats Allegra causing her blindness and amnesia. Corey is in a psychiatric prison. Corey arranges for someone to stalk, scare and try to kill Allegra.

Doug is a former Navy SEAL, naturally ugly plus scarred and disfigured by war. He...more
Maldivianbookreviewer

4 star romantic suspense

Lisa Marie Rice writes wonderful stories with strong alpha heroes that fall so deeply in love with the heroine that it moves the reader deeply. This book is in no way an exception to the rule.

Where Allegra Ennis is beautiful, cultured and talented, Douglas is a former SEAL, tough as nails and scarred from his various battles for his country. As much as people are drawn to Allegra and her beauty and her amazing music, people tend to stay away from Douglas and look the oth...more
Cyn Mistress Kitty
Awwwww this was my favorite of the series. Loved these two and loved the Beauty and the Beast theme. The last paragraph in the book just made me sob it was so sweet.
Kellie G.
Loved it!! Best in the series!! Really loved Douglas and Allegra!

Thanks to Dorsey for the rec!!! :)
SamJ
Book three in the Midnight series and is is probably the best, and I loved the first two!

Allegra Ennis nearly lost it all in one night, her career, her father, her sight, and very nearly her life!

Picking up directly where book two in the series ended, she meets former SEAL Douglas Kowalski the night they are involved in an attempted robbery. Douglas is huge, scary looking and scarred. Used to people flinching away from him and not being able to look directly at him.

"No." The word lingered in t
Ruth
This one was more of a real love story than the other two in the series. Not as steamy, but extremely enjoyable nonetheless. The heroine is blind and the hero is a scarred, "ugly", sexy hunk. I really loved the change in pace. Even though I LOVED the steam, it made the series more satisfying and less repetitive. I also really liked the overlapping timelines. It was a great way to introduce the characters, use the setting and see the events from different perspectives, and all allow more time to...more
Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
I really really enjoyed this series. This was another great installment that just left me smiling.

Allegra has been left blind due to being beaten by her record producer. She is struggling to get her life back in order. While singing at a Foundation gathering shots are fired and she is plunged under the stage by Senior Cheif Douglas Kowalski. They share a romantic kiss for which fireworks automatically go off and then he leaves her to go help his friends take down the bad guys. When Douglas comes...more
Tpring
My search for good erotica pt. 7:
This one hits the trifecta of doom within the first 10 pages. That's a rare feat.

# 1 Kowalski muses how whipped his recently married ex-army mate and business partner is.
# 2 Said friend lists the following things as perks of matrimony: getting regular meals, regular sex and his clothes washed and ironed. Unironically.
# 3 And as the cherry on top a brief appearance of gay stereotypes 101.

Hilarious. Like it's 1965 again. It's not so hard to write tough alpha heroe...more
Paula
This was definitely a 5 star rated book for me. I tried to give it a wonderful descriptive review. Three times! Each and every time I wrote out my review I inadvertently did something to make it erase before I saved it. THREE TIMES! I finally gave up. I don't read fast, I don't type fast, and I don't lose my temper fast, but Three Times from scratch. UGH!

Anyway loved, loved, loved this book. The characters were easy to climb into and experience their trials and tribulations along with them. Good...more
Amarilli Settantatre
Il comandante Kowalski, il truce guerriero solitario, era morto in uno scoppio accecante per essere sostituito, più tardi, da Douglas, un uomo innamorato.

Uff, e ho detto tutto. Lei disabile, lui reietto causa mastodontico pennone che lo intralcia, più varie cicatrici alla Rambo(si è ricucito da solo) che fanno pretendere sesso estremo da parte di tutte le donne che incontra. Lui non vorrebbe, ci soffre, cerca solo un angelo da salvare...
Due orette di relax innocuo, alla fine (consigliatomi da u...more
LynnMarie
Hunter’s Review

I have loved this entire Midnight Series but I have to say this one is my favorite out of the three. This book is heart wrenching. I wept at the end.

The sex scenes are hot and Douglas loves Allegra so much it is breathtaking. I don’t want to give anything away and from moment one the action of this book takes off and runs so there isn’t too much I can say except go buy this book and hold on for a wild ride.

And bring the tissues to the end.

5 Tea Cups!
Soriya
This is my third Lisa Marie Rice novella and she is now considered among my favorite writer. I love how that despite her short novels, she is able to balance out plot, intrigues, and development very easily. She may focus more on the romance and chemistry but that refreshing for me who may want a little romance than intrigues. Plus, her alpha heroes made up for that fact. A lot.

Anyway, Midnight Angel has a Beauty and the Beast theme where an ugly scarred hero meets the beautiful angelic heroine....more
Goodreads Librari...: Please add/combine the Audible edition 4 15 Nov 04, 2013 10:15AM
  • Pursuit
  • Standing in the Shadows (McClouds & Friends #2)
  • Skin Deep (I-Team, #5.5)
  • On Thin Ice (Ice, #6)
  • Embattled Minds (Lost and Found, #2)
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Fragile (Rafferty, #1)
  • BIG Temptation
Midnight Man (Midnight, #1) Into the Crossfire (Protectors, #1) Dangerous Lover (Dangerous, #1) Nightfire (Protectors, #3) Midnight Run (Midnight, #2)