Start by marking “Love at Last Sight: Thirty Days to Grow and Deepen Your Closest Relationships” as Want to Read:
Love at Last Sight: Thirty Days to Grow and Deepen Your Closest Relationships

Love at Last Sight: Thirty Days to Grow and Deepen Your Closest Relationships

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  110 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Everything you’ve been taught about relationships is wrong.

The movies and TV make it look easy. Matchmaking Web sites have it down to a science. Two people connect—love at first sight—and the relationship is magical from then on. But the truth is, strong, deep relationships that last a lifetime aren’t based on the mysterious chemistry of two personalities. Real love in rel
Published August 10th 2010 by WaterBrook (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Love at Last Sight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love at Last Sight

Ruth Hill
Mar 01, 2011 Ruth Hill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't sure I would like this book when I began. After all, I'm not married (but I hope to be within a few years!). Right away, I realized that the authors had done a fantastic job of including more than the marriage relationship. What they teach you applies to all relationships. They base all their advice on sound Biblical and relational principles.

I will tell you that I did not actually do their suggested daily assignments in the book. I think that this book would be great for a small group
Teela
May 24, 2012 Teela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kerry Shook is one of my favorite TV preachers and well, being married to a Pastor myself, I was anxious to receive and get started on Kerry & wife Chris's book, Love at Last Sight. My husband and went through this together, hoping for something new, but you know that old saying, there's nothing new under the sun, just different ways to look at things, well, I'm not sure this was even a different way for me to look at deepening my relationship with my dear husband. However, this is a 31 day ...more
Callie
Jan 27, 2014 Callie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
This is one of those books that had so many good points that its hard for me to pick just a few out. The whole premise of the book is deepening relationships into "love at last sight" relationships instead of just "love at first sight" relationships. It can apply to marriage, friendship, child/parent relationships, etc. I just finished it after borrowing it from the library, and I feel like I want my own copy now so I can highlight things and go back and reference certain chapters again. I defin ...more
Tima
Oct 09, 2014 Tima rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
When I chose this book to review I thought it was going to be about marital relationships. So immediately I had to re-ajust my thinking. It is about ANY relationship - parents, friends, spouse, etc.
Each chapter begins with quotes that deal with relationships and ends with a challenge based on the chapter just read.

The best part about this book were the quotes at the beginning of each chapter. I felt that the book was very "fluffy" and I could (and did) easily skim through each chapter to get the
Marcus Lynn
Do you want to deepen your closest relationships? That may be a stupid question because I don’t know anyone who doesn’t. The difficulty lies in that it’s, well, difficult. There’s no special sauce or secret formula. It does take one day at a time and recently I discovered a lot of other practical principles to do so from Kerry and Chris Shook’s book Love at Last Sight: Thirty Days to Grow and Deepen Your Closest Relationships.

Maybe I shouldn’t have used the word “principles” because the Shooks a
Kristine Coumbe
I received Love at Last Sight for free through a reading program with Waterbrook Multnomah and am not required to give a positive review. Love at Last Sight is written by married couple Kerry and Chris Shook. Does that mean that because a couple wrote a book on improving relationships it will be a good and well written book? Surprisingly it did. The Shooks are religious counselors/pastors of a church and happily married for 25 years. The book is a "to-do" book it is divided up into four weeks wi ...more
Beckie
Mar 04, 2013 Beckie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Love at Last Sight: 30 Days to grow and deepen your closest relationships" by Kerry & Chris Shook is a 30 day Christian devotional that teaches the reader how to deepen relationships. Each day starts with quotes, then stories from the authors' lives and supporting scripture with the day's lesson. Each day is followed with a Challenge, which is three homework assignments.

The Shooks have a distinct writing voice. In fact, I have a daily devotional e-mailed to me that is different excerpts fr
Debora Wiratno
Sep 05, 2014 Debora Wiratno rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its practical and very helpful. The 30 days reading plan works well with someone who doesn't really have much time reading. I just read one chapter every morning along with my devotional, and thats it, but its very encouraging... It reminds me to keep prioritizing the 'right' things in life!
Diana Nagy
Jun 21, 2016 Diana Nagy rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic book. I flew right through this book. I absolutely love what Chris and Kerry Shook describe as "love at last sight." I was inspired by everything throughout this book and got a lot of great tips out of it. It's not only going to help improve my marriage, but my friendships, my family relationships with my parents, my daughters, my siblings, and more. It was a wonderful book and its the second of their books that I've really enjoyed. They got life down, these two. Keep up the goo ...more
Beth
Mar 01, 2013 Beth rated it really liked it
I am not usually game for a self-help/relationship books but I feel like this was actually applicable. Many of the concepts they talk about should be common sense but are more the things we are blinded by when in relationships and friendships. Although it use at least one bible verse in every chapter, it was not overly preachy and used them simply as short supporting arguments.
Linette
Jun 03, 2011 Linette rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people working on growth in their relationships
Recommended to Linette by: a church we visited
This book had good points, encouraging you to think about what you spend your time on. We often don't nurture the relationships that are important with the time they deserve. I wasn't able to overly relate to this book, so burned out on day 14. I plan to someday come back to it. Nonetheless, it is a good refresher for somebody in a healthy relationship to help you re-focus.
Emily
Apr 11, 2011 Emily rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't realize this was a Christianity-based book (not for me) when I grabbed it off the shelf at the library, but there's some good, realistic relationship advice here.
Wendy Hollister
although written with heavy religious references, I believe that this book is helpful in working through personal issues. The foundation and philosophy is a healthy one to adapt.
Tammy
Mar 16, 2012 Tammy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book....just not an easy one to embrace if you have not so great relationships in your life...but definitely need to read this one more than once.
Heather
I'm doing this with a Women's bible study. So far so good.
Marian Fagan
Great for Christian couples
Ana
Ana marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Steve
Steve rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2016
Kimberly Berneti
Kimberly Berneti rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Yao
Yao rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Jeannie
Jeannie marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Josh
Josh is currently reading it
May 18, 2016
Emily Steffel
Emily Steffel rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2016
  • Love, Sex, and Happily Ever After: Preparing for a Marriage That Goes the Distance
  • Generation NeXt Marriage: The Couple's Guide to Keeping It Together
  • Torn: Trusting God When Life Leaves You in Pieces
  • Blind Hope: An Unwanted Dog and the Woman She Rescued
  • The Land Between: Finding God in Difficult Transitions
  • How to Act Right When Your Spouse Acts Wrong (Indispensable Guides for Godly Living)
  • Every Woman's Marriage: Igniting the Joy and Passion You Both Desire
  • Cruel Harvest: A Memoir
  • Real Love
  • The Science of Single: One Woman's Grand Experiment in Modern Dating, Creating Chemistry, and Finding L ove
  • Questions of Life: Alpha Course
  • Every Man's Marriage: An Every Man's Guide to Winning the Heart of a Woman
  • Knock 'Em Dead 2016: The Ultimate Job Search Guide
  • Man Alive: Transforming Your Seven Primal Needs into a Powerful Spiritual Life
  • Love as a Way of Life: Seven Keys to Transforming Every Aspect of Your Life
  • The Life Model: Living From The Heart Jesus Gave You, The Essentials Of Christian Living
  • The Mary Kay Way: Timeless Principles from America's Greatest Woman Entrepreneur
  • Start Here: Beginning a Relationship with Jesus