Start by marking “Tweet Heart” as Want to Read:
Tweet Heart

Tweet Heart

Claire is a #hopelessromantic. Lottie is determined to set up her BFF with Mr. Perfect. Will wants his #secretcrush to finally notice him. Bennett is a man with a plan.

Claire can't believe it when her dream guy starts following her on Twitter. She never thought he noticed her, and suddenly he seems to understand her better than almost anyone.

But the Twitterverse can be a
Published June 29th 2010 by Disney-Hyperion (first published June 22nd 2010)

Monet
Mar 04, 2015 Monet rated it did not like it
When I saw this book, I thought the Tweet and email set up was a fun idea. I was interested in seeing how the conversations via Twitter would work, as I myself have not been a Tweeter. I had also read other books like it. I was sadly very disappointed in this book.

All the characters are absolutely terrible, more than the typical, "I'm in high school so I"m awful," sort of way. I didn't find myself rooting for them, or hoping things would work everything out in the end. I just sat there wondering
Kristi
Sep 05, 2010 Kristi rated it liked it
I loved the set-up this novel... being a Twitter addict myself, I found that aspect to be very unique. However that did lead to the novel being read very quickly, but I don't necessarily consider that a bad thing.

The plot was engaging enough, if not a little bit predictable, I think any reader would be able to see the outcome of this story before it happens, but it's still fun to read! With the novel being in tweet format it was hard to really 'know' the characters. The characters did represent
Tina
Jul 05, 2010 Tina rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010, contemporary, ya
Original post here:

I didn't get into Twitter until last year, but I've had my account for a while now. At work, I think my friends and I converse more in Twitter, and it's kind of fun to watch and read other people's updates. Not to mention following authors and celebrities. Sometimes the best gossip can be found in Twitter, don't you think?

So I was really excited when I saw and read what Tweet Heart was about from Amazon. At first I was frustrated when I saw that there wasn't any Kindle version
Balsam
Jan 22, 2013 Balsam rated it did not like it
That one star was for the author being smart enough to fit a load of garbage into one book.
Petra Sýkorová
Elizabeth Rudnick pracuje v Disney Press v New Yorku jako editorka knih vzniklých na základě oblíbených Disneyho filmů či seriálů jako jsou například Piráti z Karibiku, či Princ z Persie. Když zrovna nepracuje, sedává velice ráda u televize a společnost jí dělává její pes jménem Jack Dyson. Nápad na knihu dostala díky randění a jedné věci, kterou o ní její přítel prohlásil. Pak myšlenka potkala myšlenku a pomaličku se začínal vynořovat celý koncept knihy.

Claire je klasická nesmělá holka, která j
Kari
Cute, uniquely presented, and lighthearted, Tweet Heart is a great romantic read. Focusing on four characters, the story is easy to follow and entertaining. Each character gets a decent amount of time and the reader can form a connection with them all.

If there had to be one character for the central focus, it would be Claire. She is the one who ties the set together. Her best friend is Lottie but she is also good friends with Will and Bennett. Though Lottie and Bennett argue and bicker, they hav
Erin
Jan 24, 2011 Erin rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Tweetheart is a book written completely in tweets, blog posts and emails between four high school friends. Clair is the quiet writer that has a huge crush on the star lacrosse player, Lottie is the BFF that likes to run through guys like toilet paper, Bennette is the nerdy side kick who writes the blog, and Will is the boy that has a huge crush on Clair and thinks that by pretending to be the lacrosse guy on twitter he might be able to make Clair happy.

This was a very quick read, which I was exp
Jackie
Mar 20, 2011 Jackie rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Let me just gush about the pages for a minute. Each one is designed to a perfection. Each page has a cute background, not unlike Twitter. The blog entries are headed by spiffy blog headers. And before each tweet is a small little picture of the…er, tweeter? Tweet Heart was such a visually appealing book!

The characterization was pretty good, especially considering Rudnick had to do it in 140 characters or less. Although, readers get to learn more about Claire and Bennett through their blogs and W
Eleni ( La Femme Readers )
Jul 28, 2010 Eleni ( La Femme Readers ) rated it it was amazing
What do some people do on a daily basis? We tweet our life stories. Every moment of boredom we find ourselves sharing our inner thoughts and socializing with others. Social networks surround our lives so much that we finally have a YA book to share our love for it together. Elizabeth's innovative approach to writing a romantic comedy in the form of twitter was pure genius. The fast-paced plot and entertaining characters were elements for success. Claire and Lottie were the perfect best friend co ...more
Katelyn
Aug 16, 2010 Katelyn rated it liked it
I don't have a twitter account and have never tweeted before, but after reading this book I must say I'm quite tempted to start one. Our main character Claire decides to join the masses on twitter and can't believe her luck when her crush begins following her on line. I had some issues understanding why Claire was so hung up on JD (her crush) when she didn't really know anything about him to begin with. An attraction I can understand, but a full out crush on someone who's practically a stranger ...more
Trisha W.
Jul 29, 2010 Trisha W. rated it it was amazing
I can not say enough good things about this book. I absolutely loved it! Elizabeth did an awesome job for her debut novel. I love reading books in diary form, or in this case, e-mails, blogs and tweets! I finished this book in 4 hours. Would have been sooner but I have kids so I couldn't sit right down and read this like I wanted to.
The characters in this book were so much fun. I found myself laughing out loud on the second page. Elizabeth has such humor in her writing that it makes you want to
Kai (Amaterasu Reads)
Jul 20, 2010 Kai (Amaterasu Reads) rated it really liked it
Shelves: teens, books-i-own
Amy
Apr 02, 2013 Amy rated it it was amazing
This was such a great book! I first heard of it when I saw one of my GR friends, and a book review I admire had read and reviewed it here and on her youtube channel. Took a look at the description on here, and it looked good. I'll admit I was a bit saddened when I found out there wasn't a Nook version available. Oh well. Then today, I was with my best friend at a mall, and we were at a bookstore. While perusing, I saw a lone copy of this book standing on the shelf. It was practically crying out ...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Jul 19, 2016 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it really liked it
A fun book that's written a little differently.
Claire has a crush on JD. That gives Bennett an idea and convinces Will to pretend to be JD on Twitter. At first he doesn't agree but in the end, he does. The four friends were awesome. Reminded me of another fun read called A Match Made in High School. For readers who like a different style of writing and book or like just a fun book to read sometimes.
Brendan
Jul 03, 2010 Brendan rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this. It's a quick and easy read because of the format, but what's really impressive about this is that the characters, both male and female, emerge as fully-formed, three-dimensional people through what they write in 140-character bursts. That's some good writing! Also, it's a really charming and really sweet love story. Highly recommended.
Zer
Jan 16, 2012 Zer rated it really liked it

Tweet Heart, a well packaged deal to discover frienship, life's trifles, and love. A present for all teens who want to learn about life's choices through twittering!

Fast paced and light hearted it keeps you pondering what will happen next. A teen drama that will keep your heart fighting for the main characters to find their partners and love.

A good read!
Dua'a Behbehani
Jan 22, 2013 Dua'a Behbehani rated it liked it
I had no idea the whole book was in tweets but it was kinda a nice surprise. I hope this doesn't catch on otherwise it will be the death of literature. It had some funny moments though, I gave a chuckle here and a chortle there so.. no harm, no foul.
Christina
Dec 01, 2014 Christina rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Very cute, sweet and fun book. If you are looking for a fast, cutesy read, I definitely recommend this one! How could you not like a book called "Tweet Heart"?
Lenka
Jul 20, 2013 Lenka rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
What a beautiful book. I really like that it is written in tweets, blog posts and e-mails. It's a light, perfectly summery read. Kind of cliché, but I didn't mind. It's just so sweet and aww :)
Misty
Jul 09, 2011 Misty rated it really liked it
Surprisingly enjoyable!
Video review:
Nashi
May 22, 2012 Nashi rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
3.5 stars. Liked it, but not as much as I thought I would. ;)
Haley Mathiot
Jul 07, 2010 Haley Mathiot marked it as to-read
this sounds so stupid that i have to read it... LoL
Bookish♥Sarah

Find my reviews on Blogger ~ Reviews by Bookish Sarah

- - -

Claire is freaking out a little bit. She's the school's brand new advice columnist, and the fact that she lacks experience in the romance department makes the prospect of giving romantic advice to her peers pretty stressful. Not to mention the fact that she has been crushing on JD Whitecomb for years and has yet to even speak with him.

Lottie is Claire's best friend. Unofficial “lax (lacrosse) queen” at their prep school, and bubbly popu
Carly
Apr 22, 2014 Carly rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Jessica
Aug 26, 2010 Jessica rated it it was amazing
This is such a cute book. It follows the tweets, emails, and posts of Claire her best friend Lottie, and their other friends Will and Bennett. Claire has a huge crush on a guy named JD and when he suddenly tweets her she is super excited to be on his radar. But things, and people, may not be as they seem in the twitterverse and Claire is in for a surprise.

This book takes us through the tweets of Claire and Lottie as they learn more about boys and who may be right for them. Their friends Will an
Lea (YA Book Queen)
Jul 19, 2010 Lea (YA Book Queen) rated it really liked it
My Summary: Claire's just been given the job of being the school's love advice columnist, and she is definitely not thrilled due to her lack of experience in that department. The guy she's been crushing on for years hardly notices her, and when he does, she's always doing something embarrassing.

But then Mr. Right, JD Whitcomb himself starts following her Twitter account, and she gets to know the man underneath. In the meantime, Claire's best friends Will and Bennett are caught up in a mess that'
Michelle (Fluttering Butterflies)
This review was originally published at Fluttering Butterflies

Aww, Tweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick is such a sweet, light and romantic read. I read through it's pages very quickly, and while it is a little bit predictable, I still had a huge smile plastered to my face throughout the entire book. There's something very comforting about reading a book like this, in which there isn't a huge surprise at who the girl ends up with in the end.

Being a huge Twitter addict, I also found the structure of
Lauren
Jul 12, 2010 Lauren rated it it was amazing
*4.5*

If I was asked to quickly sum up Tweet Heart in one sentence, this is what I would say: Tweet Heart is without a doubt one of the cutest and funniest romances I've read not only this year but ever.

Tweet Heart tells the tale of four teens. Claire is the bookish and hopeless romantic that hopes her true love will follow her on twitter. But wait! Is he already doing so? Her best friend Lottie is the flirt of the group, jumping from guy to guy, hoping to find her own connection to someone spec
Melindaaaa
Tak tahle letní jednohubka dočtena. Nevím jestli to bylo způsobeno tím, že bylo dneska tak nádherně, nebo tím, že jsem to četla v prodlevách mezi učením na zápočet z fyzikální chemie. Nebo tím, že jsem na to zrovna měla náladu. Možná kombinací všeho. Ale nebylo to tak zlé.
Celý příběh se odehrává pouze ve tweetech, e-mailech a blogových příspěvcích. V tom se mi zdá hodně originální. Na druhou stranu je ten koncept podle mě hodně nedotažený. Ale je to celkem svěží a čtení rychle utíká. Měla jsem
Kelsey
Jul 13, 2010 Kelsey rated it it was amazing
Tweet Heart was an endearing, fun debut that I finished in just a couple of hours. While many people might be thinking- a book written in tweets? Hmmm.... But, Liz Rudnick proved that a book written in blogs, tweets, and emails can be done- and done well!

There were a lot of emotions packed into those tweets and Liz managed to weave a great plot and awesome character development through them. Lottie, Claire, Bennett, and Will were all terrific main characters. Readers could relate to and understa
  • The Julian Game
  • Kiss It
  • The Half-Life of Planets
  • Jessie Hearts NYC (Hearts Series, #1)
  • Lifted
  • The Girl Next Door
  • A Field Guide for Heartbreakers
  • All You Get Is Me
  • This Gorgeous Game
his is the part I'm always the worst at—talking about myself! So as you've figured out, my name is Elizabeth Rudnick and I'm a young adult author. I'm also a Senior Editor at Disney Press in New York City. I've edited books based on movies like Pirates of the Caribbean and Prince of Persia as well as Miley Cyrus's memoir, Miles to Go, which was a New York Times bestseller (imagine if Tweet Heart w ...more
More about Elizabeth Rudnick...

“Time to start getting more sleep. This beautiful physique needs royal treatment.” 9 likes
“You're his lobster. Or swan, Or penguin. The Spock to his Kirk” 9 likes