Start by marking “Monster, Chapter 6: The Secret Woods (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #6)” as Want to Read:
Monster, Chapter 6: The Secret Woods (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #6)

Monster, Chapter 6: The Secret Woods (Naoki Urasawa's Monster #6)

4.39  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,254 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Didorong oleh cinta dan benci, Eva bertekad mengejar Tenma, bekas tunangannya. Suatu hari dalam kehidupannya yang berantakan, dia bertemu pria misterius... Siapa pria ini...? Dan di mana Tenma...?
Published April 2004 by PT Gramedia (first published May 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Monster, Chapter 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Monster, Chapter 6

Anna Kļaviņa
Feb 27, 2013 Anna Kļaviņa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, read-in-2013
In this volume at last we meet Johan in person!
Ah, Gerhard Freidl would be perfect as Johan Lieber, wouldn't he?

But before we see Johan we meet Eva. She is unhappy, lonely and miserable however it is a bit hard do sympathise with her she still is obsessed with Tenma and wallows in self pity. I hope she will be able to pull herself together.
And now more pictures! Olga Prokofieva as Eva Heinemann

and Naoki Tanaka as Dr Kazuo Tenma
Mike
Dec 26, 2014 Mike rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Monster is a carefully constructed thriller that builds with each passing chapter. It really must be read from the beginning.

Lunge is closing in on Tenma, but his relentlessness begins to cloud his judgement regarding procedure and methods. Ev's life spirals further down the drain and Tenma himself continues his relentless pursuit of Johan.

Monster loses a little momentum for the first time in this volume, albeit just slightly. The first half of the volume is perfectly paced and full of the tens
Jimmy
Aug 22, 2014 Jimmy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the continuation of the Monster Manga series. Once you start reading the first volume, you can’t put it down! With each volume the plot gets thicker and the suspense increases. I loved how the story takes place over different part of Europe; there is a feel that this is “Jason Borne” in Manga form! I thought it was also neat to see how this was originally in Japanese but the author and the artist gave great attention to detail concerning Europe, it’s “look,” the specific city and locatio ...more
Kari Ramirez
Jul 05, 2014 Kari Ramirez rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After sitting on my shelf and renewing them twice from the library I finally started reading these (after stopping at volume two and not reading much of anything) again. I ended up tearing through them in a couple of days because I needed to know what happened!

The story flows so nicely. You're caught in this twilight time. It's not a tv show, it's not a novel, it's both. The suspense is definitely edge-of-your-seat and with each cliffhanger ending you automatically start reaching for the next vo
Mikael Kuoppala
Dec 05, 2012 Mikael Kuoppala rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Concentrating on new, younger characters the sixth volume of "Monster" is no less intriguing or mature that its predecessors. We get a nice mystery, some wonderful character drama, and- best of all- it becomes apparent that the saga is getting very near to Johan, the charismatic "monster" whose destructive trail of dehumanizing hate we have witnessed throughout this story.
Blair Conrad
Not a lot of Tenma, but the Eva/Deiter interactions make this book worthwhile on their own. A little bit of a slowish confusing intro to the “Vampire of Bavaria” arc, but even that has its appeal.
Brad
Apr 02, 2015 Brad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, mystery
Fantastic! We get to see a lot more facetime for mr. monster, even if he isn't doing anything particularly nefarious on screen. None of this is so much cat-and-mouse as it is a delicious character study. The tale is suspenseful and I'm very unsure about everyone's real motivation. The power of the writing is so strong that I feel like I really should know, and I can back up every theory, but just below the surface there's very interesting reversed currents.

It was shocking to see such a monsterou
Robert Beveridge
Naoki Urasawa, Monster, vol. 6: The Secret Woods (ViZ, 1995)

Tenma is still on Johan's trail, but it's time for the long-awaited (and final?) confrontation between Tenma and Lunge, which started at the end of book five. The depths of Lunge's obsession are finally revealed in all their glory. Later on, Eva—one of the few people who can independently attest to Johan's existence—tracks Tenma to the secluded home of a mob boss with a fondness for French chicken dishes. Unfortunately, it seems she may
নাজমুল হাসান
We get to see another side of Eva in this volume. The characters are the main star of this series. And the character development is portrayed so richly that it can be truly claimed as a masterpiece. The antagonist Johan's character is so complex and intriguing that I can most definitely say, he is the main star of the show.
Jude
Feb 08, 2015 Jude rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Johan is one very complicated character. still i can't form an image of who he is really. i'm starting to like him for some reason now that we've seen him at last. i really like this manga the story and the characters are very interesting.
andrew
Feb 05, 2014 andrew rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
a third of the way through. will these characters, who are outside the core three, survive for more than another chapter? who knows! i doubt it!
Becky
Feb 19, 2016 Becky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-i-read
While I know there must be a plan, this episode felt more lost and was less enjoyable
Sami Privitor
Feb 01, 2015 Sami Privitor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
We finally get to see more of Johan. The ending was very touching.
Bianca Casetta
Dec 02, 2015 Bianca Casetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tarek Tantawy
Why am I still reading this manga?
Joy
Sep 08, 2009 Joy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joevarian
Aug 06, 2011 Joevarian rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arts
When you find yourself interested in psychoanalysis, this manga is for you. The best of psychological thriller manga for me. This mangaka really knows how to build up our curiosity which makes this manga quite amazing.
A. E. S.
Mar 25, 2014 A. E. S. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: good-old-slasher
Another great volume! This one has two surprise twists and the return of our favorite girl, Eva. Look out Tenma!
Brenda
Dec 13, 2012 Brenda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, manga
The story continues to twist and is only more and more compelling. The illustrations are excellent. I love this style.
Jan
Aug 19, 2010 Jan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was great! Matt insisted i read this graphic novel series. A real page turner--read right through it.
Jana
Aug 26, 2013 Jana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2013, manga
This series keeps getting better and better!
an

Laysha
Laysha added it
Jul 20, 2016
Anish Kumar
Anish Kumar rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Rachel
Rachel added it
Jul 15, 2016
  • Mushishi, Vol. 2
  • Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, Volume 3 (Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, #3)
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 3
  • Blame!, Vol. 3
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 04
Urasawa Naoki ( 浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival ex
More about Naoki Urasawa...

Naoki Urasawa's Monster (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 1: Herr Dr. Tenma (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #1)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 2: Surprise Party (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #2)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 3: 511 Kinderheim (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #3)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 4: Ayse's Friend (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #4)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 5: After the Carnival (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #5)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 7: Richard (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #7)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 8: My Nameless Hero (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #8)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 9: A Nameless Monster (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #9)
  • Naoki Urasawa's Monster, Volume 10: Picnic (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #10)
  • Naoki Urasawa Präsentiert: Monster, Band 11: Toter Winkel (Naoki Urasawa's Monster, #11)