Start by marking “Stonebrook Cottage (Texas Rangers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Stonebrook Cottage (Texas Rangers, #3)

Stonebrook Cottage (Carriage House #3)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  521 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Kara Galway thought moving home to Texas after years in New England would put her life back in perspective. An up-and-coming defense attorney, she intends to concentrate on her career and on spending time with her Texas Ranger brother, Jack, and his wife, Susanna. But fate has something else in store.

First, Kara's good friend and mentor, Connecticut governor Mike Parisi, d
Published August 1st 2006 by Mira Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Stonebrook Cottage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stonebrook Cottage

Tracy
This book could have coined the phrase "guilty pleasure." Carla Neggers combined mystery and romance perfectly, creating seductive characters who were struggling with their own emotional baggage while trying to make sense of the murders of close friends. This book was cleverly written, making everyone a suspect, and putting our heroes on a deadline to catch the killer before their own lives were forfeit.

Unfortunately, I'm not going to read anymore books by this author. I dislike reading about se
S.L.

So, next to the last book I am likely to read this year. It's not 100, but 50 (okay, 49 so far) is good for me. *pats self on back*

Par for the course, it's an older book. I have read current books this year. I just have to plow through my mountain of "ancient" books as well, or my husband will never let me set foot in a bookstore again. So, this time it's Stonebrook Cottage by Carla Neggers, published in 2002.

Kara Galway is a criminal defense attorney who's moved back home to Texas after spendin
Jessi
I know that I'read this book before but I didn't remember most of it. Kara Galway was rocked when her friend Big Mike, a New England governor, was found dead in his pool. She was one of the few people who knew his secret, that he couldn't swim. But after a passionate night with one of her brother's fellow Texas Rangers, Sam Temple, she retreats to Texas and her new job. But when her friend Allyson's kids (Allyson was the lieutenant governor who stepped into Big Mike's seat) show up running for t ...more
Evelyn Brooks
A genuine "who done-it ".

A genuine "who done-it ".

Very suspenseful with lots of twist and turns. Also a wonderful romance with a surprise ending. An excellent, very fast read.
Judy Smedile
Disappointing reading

Hard to maintain interest throughout the story. It was like the author had to meet her quota. Not up to Neggers quality.
Harlequin Books
"Carla Neggers once again delivers excitement and adventure wrapped in witty dialogue and fun romance. She nicely brings back characters from some of her former books into a story that stands completely alone. The result is sheer enjoyment" (RT Book Reviews, 4 stars).

Carriage House #3
Decop
fun, foolish and flawless.... except for giving 12-yr old kids charactor traits of 6-yr olds
Marilyn
Loved this book! Excellent read!!!
Jo-Ann Carson
Jun 11, 2012 Jo-Ann Carson rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romantic suspense readers
Another great romantic suspense by Carla Neggers. I admit it, I'm addicted to her writing. Her smooth prose, charming settings and likable characters draw me deep into her story. Her plots are intriguing and compelling. This story involves murders, runaway children, two passionate romances and jealousy. What I find makes the mystery part particularly creepy is that everyone in the small town knows the murderer has to be a local. A great read.
Beckie Loquvam
A good story with several twists.
Francene
With my employment comes all these people who want to share their book choices with me so I have been reading things that I would never choose by myself. With the recommendations I have been following through.

So far nothing has peeked my interest but who knows. I have discovered that most of the senior readers that have been sharing are romantics and love their romance novels. Who knew? Certainly not me!
Rebecca
Would probably have given this 4 stars if the POV had been more stable. It shifts a lot and has at least one POV break.

Need to note that my copy is probably damaged. It starts with Ch. 1 on p. 11. I know the front page is missing, but the start on p. 11 makes me wonder if a prologue is also missing. I don't know if reading that might have changed my impression of the book.
Tracey
This book was enjoyable.. not a super page-turner but entertaining.. However I just couldn't picture the main couple together. It seemed their relationship came out of nowhere- like one day they were avoiding each other and the next they were in love. I may give one of the other books in the series a try though.
Dawn
Jul 13, 2011 Dawn rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoys romantic suspense.
Recommended to Dawn by: I enjoy Carla Negger's books.
An enjoyable read. It took me awhile to get into the story because I did not read much while on vacation. I was anxious to find out who was behind all the things happening & I didn't guess who it was.
Kari
I didn't like this one as much as the first 2 in the series. It took me a while to get through. I found myself putting it down more than the others. Hopefully the last one is better.
Barbara
I think Carla Neggers' books are always a pretty good read, when I don't want something too dark or complex. I've read several of them and I've not been disappointed.
Pattianne
Stonebridge Cottage - The Carriage House Series #3 - (Kara and Sam) - The Conn. Governor is murdered, the kids are rescued and Sam comes from Texas to help.

Judy
Carla Neggers always writes a good mystery story. Very enjoyable read.
Paula Curtis
interesting story but did not realise that there are more books in a series
Karla
Awesome read. This was my first time reading this author but not my last!
Pamela

Another good book from Carla Neggers.
Cindy Elmore
I couldn't put it down... Surprise ending.
Maryann Whitbeck
Not as good as the earlier book.
Stephani
Texas Rangers Book 3
Jill
Jill added it
Mar 01, 2015
  • On the Edge: WITH Capsized AND Shelter Island AND Bougainvillea
  • White Mountain
  • Everlasting Love
  • Dying for You (The Protectors, #30)
  • False Pretenses
  • The Stone Forest
  • Mimosa Grove
  • Someday Soon
  • Desperate Measures (Barbara Holloway #6)
  • Hot Shot
  • In The Blink Of An Eye
  • Murder on the Yukon Quest (Alex Jensen / Jessie Arnold, #6)
  • The Secret Sister
  • Wild and Wicked
  • This Magic Moment (Magic, #4)
  • Dead Giveaway (Stillwater Trilogy #2)
Carla Neggers has been spinning stories ever since she climbed a tree with pad and pen at age eleven. Now she is the New York Times bestselling author of almost 70 novels, with millions of books sold in over 30 countries. Her popular Sharpe & Donovan romantic suspense series featuring FBI agents Emma Sharpe and Colin Donovan launched with Saint’s Gate in 2011 and has been praised as “a breatht ...more
More about Carla Neggers...

Carriage House (4 books)
  • The Carriage House (Carriage House, #1)
  • The Cabin (Carriage House, #2)
  • The Harbor (Carriage House, #4)
The Widow (FBI, #1) Cold Pursuit (Black Falls, #1) Cold Ridge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1) Secrets of the Lost Summer (Swift River Valley, #1) Saint's Gate (Sharpe & Donovan, #1)