Start by marking “Cathy's Key” as Want to Read:
Cathy's Key

Cathy's Key (Cathy Vickers Trilogy #2)

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,548 Ratings  ·  98 Reviews
This exciting sequel to Cathy’s Book, now available in paperback, is sure to enthrall young adult readers as it aligns events for the much anticipated third book later in Spring.Cathy has finally settled her curiosity about Victor—her off and on boyfriend—and his mysterious past. Suffice it to say that dating an immortal is far from easy! But now Cathy is stumbling across ...more
Broché
Published November 2009 by Bayard Jeunesse (first published May 6th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Cathy's Key, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cathy's Key

Maura
Oct 18, 2009 Maura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I was able to read in one sitting. I stayed up all night reading this. I didn't stop. I just read and read, didn't stop. It never once got boring, it was fast pace, and it felt like I was watching a movie. I'm not doing a review on the first book in the series, Cathy's Book, because I don't have it anymore and I don't remember much. At first, before reading this, I was worried that I wouldn't remember the storyline or wouldn't be able to follow along but the authors did a ...more
Jemma
Jun 11, 2010 Jemma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a sequel to Cathy's Notebook. This book was sooooo good. The sequel is about Cathy getting a note from this fortune teller who contacts her but then gets murdered by her boyfriends father who is creeping on her. She meets this girl who is a con artist and manages to steal almost everything important to her and kill someone and changes her look to look like Cathy named Jewel. Within all this drama she also found out a lot about her father. This book is really hard to explain if you d ...more
Krista
Feb 21, 2015 Krista rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, 2015, library
Once again it was interesting and I love the drawing on the pages. The whole thing with her father was slightly disappointing just because of how he was, sighhh can't these people just be nice for once? Jewel was frustrating a lot of the time but also a great character.
3/5
Fede
Aug 17, 2014 Fede rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-books
This sequel is as interesting and funny as the previous one. There are still lot of little objects and drawings, even if less than the first book.
Here the writer introduce one of my favorite character of the trilogy: Jewel. And, also, I developed thanks to this book one of my greatest fears: the exchange of identity and the stealing of an it. Really, it scares me.
Anyway, I really liked this book
Bridget Mcloughlin
Awesome writing, It was a really good page-turner
Tessa
Feb 06, 2012 Tessa rated it liked it
Suite de Cathy’s Book, Cathy’s Key nous apporte, comme son nom l’indique, les clés des mystères exposés dans le premier tome.
Jewel fait une entrée fracassante et amène son frère Denny dans la foulée. L’une sera une ennemie et l’autre un allié. A celà, on ajoute Pete, doué en informatique et on retrouve évidemment Emma.
Des personnage secondaires qui sont finalement mieux mis en avant et qui s’intègrent vraiment à l’histoire.
L’intrigue est cependant moins importante que dans le premier tome. Il n’
Diamante Aragon
Oct 22, 2009 Diamante Aragon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I really enjoyed reading Cathy’s Key, by Jordan Weisman this book kept me popping right out of my seat. I read the first book (Cathy’s Book) in 7th grade and loved it. I guess the extra little clues that come with the book make it seem as if the story really happened to someone. (The torn up picture, napkin with a kiss on it, or even the birth certificate). In fact if you call the numbers on the book, you will come to find yourself leaving a message on Cathy’s recorder. In the first book we lear

Stephanie
Sep 13, 2009 Stephanie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
According to a lot of people, Cathy's Key is far better than the first, Cathy's Book. However, I thought they were similar - neither one is better than the other.

Well, I did enjoy reading about Cathy's many employment failures. She keeps getting fired for various reasons and the reasons are absolutely hilarious. She just can't seem to keep her mouth shut!

There's also an introduction of a new character, Jewel, whom I didn't particularly like. She likes to steal things and then frame others and ac
Pia
Oct 24, 2011 Pia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Mit meinen Worten
Cathy reißt zu einer Wahrsagerin nach St. Louis, als sie die mysteriöse Jewel trifft. Folge daraus: Ihr Handy und ihr Zeichenblog sind weg, wobei ersteres noch zu einigen Schwierigkeiten führt. Während ihr Freund sich fröhlich testen lässt und in einem Labor für einen weiteren Unsterblichen arbeitet, damit dessen Tochter Cathy nicht an den Hals geht, hängt sich Victors Vater Tsao ihr wieder auf die Fersen - was soll sie nur tun?

Das Urteil
Das besondere an dem Buch sind natürlich
Sydney Chan
Jan 27, 2011 Sydney Chan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the preceding book Cathy finds out that her boyfriend, Victor, is immortal and he is sent to Ancestor Lu to be experimented on, Victor's father, Tsao, has a creepy crush on her, and she is trying to discover the truth about her father. In Cathy's Key, Cathy meets Jewel who takes her journal, belongings, and tries to steal her identity. Surprisingly, Jewel ends up saving her in the end. Cathy also learns the truth about her father.

I really liked this book because unlike many books in a series
Rebecca
Cathy's Key was quite a good book. While I felt it wasn't as interactive as it's predecessor Cathy's Book, but nonetheless it still contained an interactive element. Cathy's Key wasn't exactly what I had expected it to be but it was still pretty good. I felt that there was less mystery to it and more about Cathy's life.
I really like the character Cathy she is very different and a very refreshing person to read about. I felt sorry for her at some points but I have to admit Cathy is anything but o
Jess
Feb 10, 2012 Jess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review was one I wrote and posted on my profile sometime ago when Bookarmy existed. Great site.

Cathy’s Key is the second book of a trilogy, but without a doubt a book that can stand on its own with a really interesting and dynamic plot. Cathy’s Key offers us a highly interactive and visual story accompanied with illustrations and objects (“the evidence”) relevant to the story. That for sure, will be a favorite thing for many readers, as it was for me. This is a modern take on books characte
Sonja
Jun 29, 2009 Sonja rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: rebecca kellogg
Was looking for some DeLint at Barnes and Noble today and all they have are two of his books, the two i've read! he has so many!!! wtf!
But found this book. I picked it-as I often do-b/c i love the cover!!!
its actually a sequel, and the old man behind the counter couldn't figure out what the first book was and or if they had it! i'll try to get it online!!!

Read Kathy's book pretty quickly and only took a couple days to read through this one, a easy quick read. as in the first book loved the art &
Jennifer Wardrip

Reviewed by Marta Morrison for TeensReadToo.com

I really liked CATHY'S KEY, much more so than CATHY'S BOOK. It takes place six months after Cathy found out that her boyfriend is immortal.

He is gone from her life, she has graduated from high school, and she is trying to find a job. She keeps being fired from her places of employment, which is a running gag in the story. She is now on a bus heading home from St. Louis. She has just seen a psychic immortal who told her to be wary of Tsao and a bomb
Tasha
Aug 01, 2009 Tasha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cathy is back and she is as curious as ever! It's been six months since Cathy's seen her boyfriend Victor and she is completely clueless as to where their relationship stands. Out of desperation she sets off to St. Louis in order to meet the fortune teller whose name was sent to her months earlier in a mysterious package. After her meeting with the mysterious Auntie Joe, who claims that Cathy's father didn't really die of a heart attack but that he was murdered, Cathy is as confused as ever. On ...more
Soo
Jan 30, 2012 Soo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Graphic Novel, Mystery, Urban Myths
In six months following Book 1, Cathy managed to graduate from high school and flunk from three jobs for three completely different reasons. The story begins with a spontaneous road trip out to the middle of no where to meet the Fortune Teller. Cathy gets a bizarre update and a thread of unease coils around her heart. On the bus trip back to good old CA, Cathy bonds with Jewel and learns to regret it with every cursed released breath.

(view spoiler)
Kevin Fanning
I finished this a few days ago, and have been spending the time since trying to dig into the online and phone-based aspects of the ARG. I love the idea of ARGs, and I like the idea of a book with added ARG-value, but I couldn't figure out any of the clues, and even with some hints and spoilers I still wasn't able to pick apart what we were supposedly after.

I definitely should have read Cathy's Book first, but I kind of liked being dropped into this story the way I was. I really liked the part o
Heaяts&Smiles_♰ .
This book is better that the first one it has more to it........
l.o.l...

It all starts of with cathy finding out that she has an imortal boyfriend. how cool is that he's gonna live for ever, to bad Cathy isn't so between trying to have a good relationship with her bf, trying to not become her bf's fathers new love toy and getting her identity stolen Cathy is for a crazy ride. Plus she's out of high school with no job no idea what to do and every job her mom sets her up with she ends up getting f
Rubi
Dec 09, 2013 Rubi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Surprisingly, I really liked this book. Cathy still cracked me and the added character of Denny was a nice turn in the story. (Though, I really hated his sister lol)
I got to see more of Victor (it's nice to see him actually showing he cares haha), which made him grow on me a little more. In the first book, I honestly didn't see what she liked about him so much.
His father's role reminded me more of how dramatic hispanic novellas can be lol, but hey, it could happen i guess
And the ending was a fu
Brittney. Break my heart why dont ya
I honestly bawled through the whole thing! It was one of my most favourite books ever. I bawled through the sad and happy parts. What killed me was at the end of the last book ,, the ending was soo perfect! And what got me THE END i bawled i couldnt beleive it was over!

I have read this series over and over i have never got bored. My favourite was that you could actually lisen to the convos on the web! I just found out theres a app for it to on ipods!

I lost the coin a year ago and was soo depres
annemarief
Jan 07, 2016 annemarief rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: en-français
J'ai bien aimé ma lecture même si j'ai trouvé la fin un peu exagérée. Oui on voulait tous que ça arrive mais est-ce vraiment possible dans la vie du commun des mortels?! (Haha!) Pour une raison bizarre j'ai dévoré cette histoire. Cathy est un personnage que j'aime bien et le style d'écriture lui rend justice. J'ai bien hâte de voir comment va se clôturer cette série.
Hol
This is probably my favourite book of the series. It continues the story well with added twists and turns. If you are thinking of reading this series I would definitely recommend it!

The hardback edition I got also includes a lot of artwork and goodies so if you are thinking of buying this book I would recommend the hardback edition.
Sara
Dec 21, 2014 Sara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read the second book for the same reason I read the first, the interactive parts! Still not a very good story though.
stephanie
this was a better-written book than Cathy's Book, but it lost a lot of the cleverness of the first book, the details in the scribbles and notes, etc. it wasn't quite so mixed media as the first one, which kind of made me sad.

however, the ending is so clever, and i really love emma. i kind of wish there would be another book, but i think this is a good place to end, if they do end it here, which they seem to be doing. there are so many crazy twists that are both sad and heart-breaking, and cath
Noëlle
From this book on I remembered quite little, so a great surprise! Will leave review of full series on the third book.
Francesca Orlandi
Sicuramente questo secondo libro mi ha preso di più rispetto al primo. Certo, lo sviluppo delle vicende è scontato e a volte forzato, ma, in fin dei conti, non è malvagio.
Laurie Noel
Jun 12, 2013 Laurie Noel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen-ya
Interactive books, sadly, never really took off. I was given this one as a gift and it was right up my alley. It's full of phone numbers you can actually call and clues and evidence you can piece together to enrich your reading experience. I loved the art throughout the pages.

The story wasn't quite strong enough to carry it, and I would have liked to see more of reader interaction either through more phone options or websites that could be "hacked" using clues in the book. Like how Rowling's pag
Kaitlin Mooney
Aug 13, 2014 Kaitlin Mooney rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
fun. tied together nicely and you simply cannot beat a book that gives you physical clues to look through.
Ll Blackwell
The random bag of stuff and random title (the key is only a tiny part of the plot) were annoying. Still, many teenage girls will relate to the neurotic narrator and supernatural element.
Nanie
Oct 19, 2014 Nanie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book certainly brights up my day with its crazy plot.
Dad (spoilers) 1 5 Mar 15, 2012 11:13PM
  • One Butt Cheek at a Time (Gert Garibaldi's Rants and Raves, #1)
  • Janes in Love (Janes, #2)
  • The Weight of Stars (The United States of Asgard)
  • Posh and Prejudice (Diary of a Chav, #2)
  • Under the Blood Red Moon
  • Gesponnen aus Gefühlen (BookLessSaga #2)
  • Haunted
  • Survival of the Fittest (Charmed, #26)
  • Perfect Circle
  • Return to Labyrinth, Vol. 4
  • Moonsong
  • Nine Gates (Breaking the Wall, #2)
  • The Brewing Storm (Charmed, #25)
  • Hoe overleef ik met/zonder jou? (Hoe overleef ik, #7)
  • Kesytön (Susiraja, #1)
  • The Parliament of Blood (Department of Unclassified Artefacts, #2)
  • Välkommen hem
  • Sideshow: Ten Original Tales of Freaks, Illusionists and Other Matters Odd and Magical

Sean Stewart (born June 2, 1965) is a U.S.-Canadian science fiction and fantasy author.

Born in Lubbock, Texas, Sean Stewart moved to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada in 1968. After stints in Houston, Texas, Vancouver, British Columbia, Irvine, California and Monterey, California,
More about Sean Stewart...

Cathy Vickers Trilogy (3 books)
  • Cathy's Book (Cathy Vickers Trilogy, #1)
  • Cathy's Ring (Cathy Vickers Trilogy, #3)