Start by marking “Fundamentals Of Electric Circuits” as Want to Read:
Fundamentals Of Electric Circuits

Fundamentals Of Electric Circuits

3.93  ·  Rating Details  ·  173 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Alexander and Sadiku's third edition of "Fundamentals of Electric Circuits" continues in the spirit of its successful previous editions, with the objective of presenting circuit analysis in a manner that is clearer, more interesting, and easier to understand than the other texts in the market. Students are introduced to the sound, six-step problem solving methodology in ch ...more
Published by McGraw-Hill Science/Engineering/Math (first published August 28th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Fundamentals Of Electric Circuits, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fundamentals Of Electric Circuits

Wayland He
Feb 19, 2012 Wayland He rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The professor I had chose this book because he saw it had good reviews on Amazon. I was actually a little skeptical in the beginning, but when I bought the book and read it, it was really easy to follow through and understand. I would recommend this to anyone who is trying to teach themselves the basics of electrical circuits. I didn't finish the book, but I do intend to finish/reread it over some break when I don't have other classes to worry about it.
Nawar Youssef
Dec 09, 2013 Nawar Youssef rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks
I used this book for Electric Circuit 1 and I am going to use it again in Electric Circuit 2. My professor is Charles K. Alexander, one of the authors of this book.
He said that they have written the book for different type of courses and it has been written in a way that instructors can use it in different ways to teach the fundamentals of Electric Circuits's topics.

In short, the first half of the book is so clear and written in a good way with a lot of examples and solved problems in addition
Anees Ahmed
Feb 07, 2014 Anees Ahmed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read it as course book in my three courses and found it very easy and very very helpful in my understanding of electric circuits. in that time i found it somewhat difficult but now whenever i stuck in any kind of electric circuits problem i use it and most of the time my problem got solved.
Omar ElDeeb
read
Arthur dos Santos
Feb 21, 2013 Arthur dos Santos rated it did not like it
Shelves: acadêmicos
I was told that this book would be the best reference I could find on circuit analysis. Well, so far I couldn't find a book on this subject that fits my needs, but this one is certainly far away from it. And also far away from being the best reference on circuit analysis. I found the text so annoying, and there are so many mistakes on the text, on the examples, on the exercises...

Summarising, don't waste your time on it.
Arthur Paul
Feb 04, 2015 Arthur Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice book for your introduction to electric circuit. The book provide nice explanation, many useful example, and bunch of challenging problem to solve. Quite easy to understand even though English is not your first language.
AJ
Jun 12, 2008 AJ rated it liked it
This is the course textbook for the class I'm teaching this summer. Although I haven't really gone through it in detail, it's much better than other introductory circuits texts that I've seen.
mysteredgar ファヌリア
I really liked it.It was simple and understandable.The best of all is that under every example there was a practice problem with its solution.
Ray Tso
May 20, 2013 Ray Tso rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't say I LIKED it, being selected as the textbook in class, though it still helped a lot in my understanding in electric circuit behaviors.
SYED
Apr 29, 2007 SYED added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: for who find difficulty in problem solving
the great book i ever hav on the topic of problem solving in electricircuits i prefer all young students to hav a copy of this book with them
JAMES
JAMES rated it liked it
May 19, 2016
Call
Call rated it liked it
May 18, 2016
Jordan
Jordan marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Natty
Natty marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Alex Ngullie
Alex Ngullie rated it it was ok
Apr 14, 2016
Sairam
Sairam marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Suntos
Suntos rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Priti
Priti marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2016
Velavan
Velavan rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2016
Kranthi
Kranthi marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Nabeel Malik
Nabeel Malik marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2016
Sourabh Tomar
Sourabh Tomar rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2016
Hamza Akbar
Hamza Akbar marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Nawfal
Nawfal added it
Feb 20, 2016
Abdalhadi Alhansh
Abdalhadi Alhansh rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2016
Rong Yuan. Chen
Rong Yuan. Chen rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2016
  • Modern Control Systems (10th Edition)
  • Microelectronic Circuits
  • Probability And Statistics For Engineers And Scientists
  • Schaum's Outline of Calculus
  • Physics for Scientists and Engineers: Volume 2 Chapters 23-46
  • Solutions Manual for Organic Chemistry
  • Algebra (Graduate Texts in Mathematics) (v. 73)
  • Thermodynamics and an Introduction to Thermostatistics
  • Field and Wave Electromagnetics
  • An Introduction to Systems Biology: Design Principles of Biological Circuits
  • Digital Communications
  • Mathematical Methods of Classical Mechanics
  • Quantum Computation and Quantum Information

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Charles Alexander, PhD., P.E., is professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Cleveland State University.
More about Charles K. Alexander...