Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule

The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule (The Berenstain Bears Living Lights)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  393 ratings  ·  21 reviews
The Berenstain Bear series helps children learn how God wants them to live every day. When the Bear family practices going to church, praying, and being kind, plus remembering how much God loves them, their lives are much more joyful.

Should Sister Bear ignore the new girl at school just because her friends do? The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule shows children how cho

Published September 28th 2010 by Zonderkidz (first published September 16th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule

Margaret
Sep 25, 2008 Margaret rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone with children
Recommended to Margaret by: Jean Wang
It's been years since I have read any of the adventures with the Berenstain Bears, but it was definitely a strong part of my earliest childhood that I have spare memories of. The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule is a winner in my opinion and a shelf keeper for every family.

Sister Bear gets to learn more about that phrase she knows so well, but has never really considered. This classic is a wonderful learning tool for any child and I strongly recommend it. On the inside of the back cover is
Iman Tabbaa
Sister Bear receives a gold locket from her parents for her birthday. Inside the locket the words "Do to others what you would have them do for you" were inscribed. Sister Bear asks what this saying means,but still doesnt understand. She soon learns when a new girl named Suzy Mcgrizzie comes to school. Suzy is not considered cool and is left out by the other kids including;Sister Bear.That is until Sister Bear is reminded of a time she was left out and bullied by a group of girls. when she remem ...more
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
★★★★★The Berenstain Bears and the Golden Rule by Stan and Jan Berenstain
This book teaches children the Golden Rule. When Sister receives a gold locket with the inscription, "Do to others as you would have them do to you," she wants to know what it means. And she learns to be nice to the new girl cub even if her friends don't.
This is a great book that teaches kids, it may not always be easy, but if you would not want to be treated a certain way, don't treat others like that. All children should l
Evelyn Matias
I love any book that teaches us the golden rule. This is a great book to read in the beginning of school to remind our students about the golden rule. How would you want to be treated? How do you think that person wants to be treated? This book is a constant reminder to do on to others as you would want done to you and it's a great lesson for the young and old.
Joshua
This book is fantastic, a book i remember from my childhood. I purchased the kindle edition of this for my daughters and they love it, to the extent that my daughters first memory verse is "Do to others as you would have them do to you. Matthew 7:12" I enjoyed this book as a boy, despite the fact it is heavily oriented towards girls.
Lindsey
My brother and sister-in-law gave this to my four year old son for Christmas and we have both really enjoyed it. I love reading it to him and he loves hearing it. It has been helpful in our conversations about how we treat our friends at school and on the playground. Highly recommend to parents and/or teachers.
Laura Carby
This book was given to me by my supervising teacher during student teaching. I love this book. It teaches students about being treated the way you want to be treated and that you must show that you care for other people to get that kind of care in return. A great book to read to students the first week of school!
Randie
My son is a huge fan of the Berenstain Bears, I am not. That being said, the book isn't completely horrible. My issue is that the B. B. series has very predictable, dull text and the story line is rather cheesy.

(I copied from a previous review because all the Berenstain Bears books are pretty similar.)
Deborah Harris
AR Quiz No. 130864 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 3.5 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP
David Thompson
This is an excellent book to teach the golden rule to children. It gives a real life situation of applying the golden rule where children can relate to it. I think that all children should read this book sometime in their childhood to help develop their empathy.
This is a good book about friendship and how we treat our friends/people. It would also be a good read to read to students with there is a new student in the class. It's a great message for students about treating people they way we want to be treated.
chucklesthescot
Sister Bear notices a new girl at school who doesn't seem to fit in and doesn't have any friends. She remembers what is was like to feel that way and decides to offer a paw of friendship after some guidance from her parents.
Dorian
I think that this is a great book for reminding students about the golden rule. However, I don't think that they made it explicit enough that the friends were excluding the new student to teach it as effectively as possible.
Miri
Sister bears learns the golden rule when a new girl comes to school and she chooses to be kind and treat the new cub the way she would like to be treated.
Kimberly
The Berenstain Bears books are always wonderful with great underlying lessons of character and morals in a fun way. Great for young readers.
Erica
Great book to teach little ones the importance of treating others the way they would want to be treated!
Michelle Bouillon
The Golden Rule is something every child should know and I think this book is a good way to learn about it.
Tania
This book is a classic teaches children about how to treat their friends.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
The Bear family teaches important lessons!!
Jaime
We love all berenstain bear books!
Teresa Wiley
Teresa Wiley marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
Stacey
Stacey added it
Nov 18, 2014
  • The Berenstain Bears Give Thanks
  • Fancy Nancy: Sees Stars
  • Just a Bad Day (Little Golden Book)
  • The Scrambled States of America
  • Manners Can Be Fun
  • Curious George's First Day of School
  • Go Away, Dog
  • Biscuit and the Baby
  • Mouse's First Spring
  • Mrs. McNosh Hangs Up Her Wash
  • Franklin Fibs
  • What Is a Princess? (Disney Princess)
  • The Night Before Thanksgiving
More about Stan Berenstain...
The Berenstain Bears and the Messy Room The Berenstain Bears' Trouble at School Inside, Outside, Upside Down The Berenstain Bears Forget Their Manners The Berenstain Bears and Too Much TV