Foundations of Astronomy

Foundations of Astronomy

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  4 reviews
With this newly revised Eleventh Edition of FOUNDATIONS OF ASTRONOMY, the authors' goals are to help you use astronomy to understand science--and use science to understand what we are. Fascinating, engaging, and visually vibrant, this text will help you answer two fundamental questions: What are we? And how do we know? This edition addresses the newest developments and lat...more
Published January 1st 2010 by Thomson Brooks/Cole (first published January 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Foundations of Astronomy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Foundations of Astronomy

فرهاد ذکاوت
I have the 6th edition. As a teacher, I love this book which is really attractive to students and also everyone who want to start Astronomy even his/her major is not Physics or astronomy. Quite complete reference in this level.
It is really important to provide a reference book for beginners exactly what it should be; And This book is the one. Seeds really was successful about it. You can check many introductory books for beginners and general courses of Astronomy.
Louis Lestat 1334
Dec 01, 2012 Louis Lestat 1334 rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Louis by: teacher
It's a good reference book. Used it in Astronomy Class @ SDSU. Good pictures and information about our universe.
Teaberry
Jan 31, 2010 Teaberry marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I'm going to have to start all over on this book: it's been too long since I last picked it up!
Alieda
I'm such a nerd! But I love this stuff.
Njoku Chukwudi
Njoku Chukwudi marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Augustus
Augustus marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Komail
Komail marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2014
C. Naveen
C. Naveen marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
Shubham Lahoti
Shubham Lahoti marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Jennifer Kump
Jennifer Kump marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2013
Nancy
Nancy added it
Aug 03, 2013
Folkert Wierda
Folkert Wierda marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2013
Peter Jibbaleedoop
Peter Jibbaleedoop marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2013
Andy
Andy added it
Jun 21, 2013
Stefan Mitchell
Stefan Mitchell marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Horizons: Exploring the Universe Horizons: Exploring the Universe (with TheSky CD-ROM, AceAstronomy?, and Virtual Astronomy Labs) Astronomy: The Solar System and Beyond Perspectives on Astronomy: Mars-Scape or Earth-Scape? [With Online Access] Astro 2 (with Cengagenow Printed Access Card)