Start by marking “Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers” as Want to Read:
Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers

Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers

The Autobot special ops crew, The Wreckers, are sent to investigate Garrus-9, a prison that fell to the Decepticons three years ago, with no communication in or out since. Who's really behind the prison siege, and what dark secret awaits Springer there? The answers to those questions will send this mission to the razors edge!
Published September 14th 2010 by IDW Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Transformers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Transformers

Stephen
Feb 27, 2016 Stephen rated it really liked it
description

The Wreckers are an elite Autobot strike team consisting of Springer, Kup, Preceptor, Topspin, Twintwist, Pyro, Ironfist, Rotostorm, Guzzle, Impactor, and some human girl i forget her name but she was incredible annoying i really can't stand it if humans fight side by side with the TF.

The Wreckers go on a mission to get records out of computer on the Autobots' Prison Planet Garrus-9, so that they can't be used as propaganda. Overlord one of Megatron's Phase-sixers who left the Decepticons has ta
Gianfranco Mancini

Most brutal and extreme Transformers story ever.
It was like Akira Kurosawa's "Seven Samurai" made sci-fi, with touches of "Save Private Ryan", "Inglorious bastards", "Where eagles dare" and lots of other awesome war movies too.

(view spoiler)
Nicolo Yu
Mar 19, 2015 Nicolo Yu rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comixology
I enjoyed this book so much that I read it twice within a week of getting it from Comixology.

This was one of the most enjoyable books I've ever read. It has everything I wanted in a Transformers adventure: action, multiple robot deaths, moral ambiguity and Wreckers. The Wreckers were an elite Autobot crew whose trademark was a lot of mayhem and destruction.

This wasn't a perfect book. Nick Roche is much more known for his art and he turned out to be a competent wordsmith but it was quite clear t
Christopher
Jan 10, 2014 Christopher rated it it was amazing
Chris Hawks
Oct 21, 2013 Chris Hawks rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, comic-books
This series had been hyped beyond all belief by the Transformers fanbase, so I was excited to finally lay my hands on a cheap copy of the trade paperback. It did not disappoint. This is the kind of book that shows just how great this franchise can be when put in the hands of people who really care about and understand it. It takes place in IDW’s current series continuity, but besides a couple of scenes, it’s entirely self-contained, and it draws heavily on obscure characters from all throughout ...more
Graham Bradley
Nov 28, 2015 Graham Bradley rated it really liked it
Sometimes the art got a little confusing and there were references to stories I haven't read, but I still got what I needed to put the whole story together. The writers and artists were able to take machines and give them heart and depth, which is a great deal more than can be said of the more popular versions of Transformer stories...
James
Mar 22, 2015 James rated it it was amazing
I honestly didn't believe this was going to live up to the mountains upon mountains of hype that this story gets from Transformers fans but man, did it ever deliver. In a perfect world, this would make a great STV animated movie ala the stuff DC and Marvel have been putting out.
Art
Apr 12, 2016 Art rated it it was amazing
Shelves: idw
i lost count on how many times i've read this Comics, this is still the best Transformers story for me.
Alex Sarll
One of the jacket quotes here is "The Transformers answer to Watchmen", which even by the wildy overenthusiastic standards of jacket quotes on comics is a gem (unless you assume that the answer was "...sorry. No can do."). This is not a masterpiece which redefines a medium. But it is a fairly smart, funny and occasionally moving homage to the golden age of Transformers, which is to say, Simon Furman's gleefully nihilistic 2000AD-style run on the old UK comic.
Ucalegonne
Oct 30, 2013 Ucalegonne rated it really liked it
Shelves: 50-in-2013
Not bad, quite action-packed and well-drawn. A little confusing at times because I spent the first three issues wondering if I was supposed to have read a side-story to get what was going on with certain people's pasts, but it does actually explain it all in the end.
Luke Farr
May 05, 2011 Luke Farr rated it really liked it
Shelves: frank-s-books
For my first Transformer's comic book, this one was very enjoyable. It was exciting, had drama and "human" interest, and was full of characters that I remembered from my childhood.
Mike Burtoft
May 30, 2013 Mike Burtoft rated it really liked it
Violent in the extreme, but full of action, humour, and more characterisation than some Transformers authors managed in twice as many pages. Thoroughly recommended.
J.p.
Aug 28, 2012 J.p. rated it it was amazing
This Comic got me back into reading comics after a 15 year hiatus.
Gary
Gary rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Bobbypack
Bobbypack rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Transformers Account
Transformers Account marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Dancou-Maryuu
Dancou-Maryuu marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Sean Tonelli
Sean Tonelli rated it really liked it
Richard A.
Richard A. marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2016
Jay
Jay rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2016
John Devaney
John Devaney rated it really liked it
Jacob Putnam
Jacob Putnam rated it really liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Mi Chelle
Mi Chelle rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2016
Jason
Jason rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2016
Sam
Sam rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2016
  • Captain America: Hail Hydra
  • Doctor Who Series 2 Volume 4: As Time Goes by
  • Hulk, Vol. 5: Fall of the Hulks
  • Siege: X-Men- Dark Wolverine & New Mutants

“Having one eye makes you see the world in unusual ways, Shockwave..." -Overlord” 5 likes