Start by marking “The Needlecraft Book” as Want to Read:
The Needlecraft Book

The Needlecraft Book

4.68 of 5 stars 4.68  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  8 reviews

From knitting to needlepoint, quilting to crochet, embroidery to appliqué, The Needlecraft Book is the most comprehensive step-by-step guide to every needle, thread, and yarn technique. Packed with tools, terminology, and easy-to-follow techniques to create truly personal pieces, The Needlecraft Book brings traditional, artistic, and practical crafts up to date with advice

Published August 16th 2010 by DK Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Needlecraft Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Needlecraft Book

Jaq
This is it, the one stop shop for all those needlecrafts you may want to do now or in the future. Bursting with ideas and creativity - I loved this book the minute I was given it for Mother's Day.

I consult it when I want to work out how to do a stitch or learn something knew. It's a great family heirloom to be - something to pass down and share the joy that comes from making things by yourself for others.
Torviewtoronto
If you are a person who loves crafts or want to learn a new skill look for this needlecraft book from DK publishing. It has all the information we will ever need to know about knitting, crocheting, quilting, embroidery, needlepoint, patchwork and appliqué.
Every section has detailed information about materials and tools, all the techniques from basic to advance and the designs/ patterns. I like the organization of this book. The colour coded for sections make it easy to follow.
more details http:/
Carole
a very well illustrated book with lots of good information and advice and clear instructions.
Invaluable for those who who knit embroider or crochet and basic sewing .
A must have for anyone who does any of the above. Easy to try new projects from the clear instructions.
Every page is well illustrated with great instructions.
It is a very good investment and well written and laid out book
I was fortunate I got my copy well reduced in the sale , but is worth the full price.
Ashleigh
This book is filled with wonderful things to learn and make. It has a great amount of examples of each different type of needlecraft including knitting, crochet, embroidery, quilting, patchwork and applique. Its a wealth of information and I would definately recommend it to those who are just starting out and those who want to expand their knowledge base on the subject.
Chanel Earl
This book is really pretty and really useful. I have used it for many things in the short time I have had it, and feel like I can find most answers about needlecraft within its colorful pages.
Fatma M.essam
It includes all the techniques about knitting(tereco), crochet, embroidery(tatrez), needlepoint(canvas), and patchwork.
A very useful book for all kinds of needlework.
Fatma
A very useful book for all kinds of needlework.
Letitia
Checked this book out from the library about 10 times. Finally decided to buy my own copy!
Rhonda Pickens
Rhonda Pickens marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Maha Diab
Maha Diab marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Gloria Delany-barmann
Gloria Delany-barmann marked it as to-read
May 11, 2015
Jessica Pierce
Jessica Pierce marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Bethany
Bethany marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Paulina
Paulina marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Sandy
Sandy added it
Apr 30, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Nisha
Nisha marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Joanna
Joanna is currently reading it
Jan 31, 2014
Pilipote
Pilipote marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
1000 Great Quilt Blocks The Ultimate Quilting Book: Over 1,000 Inspirational Ideas and Practical Tips Stitch Step by Step The Ultimate Sewing Book: Over 200 Sewing Ideas for You and Your Home Quilting Step by Step: Patchwork and Applique Stitches, Techniques, and Block Designs