Start by marking “The Needlecraft Book” as Want to Read:
The Needlecraft Book

The Needlecraft Book

From knitting to needlepoint, quilting to crochet, embroidery to appliqué, The Needlecraft Book is the most comprehensive step-by-step guide to every needle, thread, and yarn technique. Packed with tools, terminology, and easy-to-follow techniques to create truly personal pieces, The Needlecraft Book brings traditional, artistic, and practical crafts up to date with advice

Published August 16th 2010 by DK Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Needlecraft Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Needlecraft Book

Torviewtoronto
Apr 21, 2012 Torviewtoronto rated it it was amazing
If you are a person who loves crafts or want to learn a new skill look for this needlecraft book from DK publishing. It has all the information we will ever need to know about knitting, crocheting, quilting, embroidery, needlepoint, patchwork and appliqué.
Every section has detailed information about materials and tools, all the techniques from basic to advance and the designs/ patterns. I like the organization of this book. The colour coded for sections make it easy to follow.
more details http:/
Jaq
May 10, 2014 Jaq rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is it, the one stop shop for all those needlecrafts you may want to do now or in the future. Bursting with ideas and creativity - I loved this book the minute I was given it for Mother's Day.

I consult it when I want to work out how to do a stitch or learn something knew. It's a great family heirloom to be - something to pass down and share the joy that comes from making things by yourself for others.
Carole
Jan 12, 2012 Carole rated it it was amazing
a very well illustrated book with lots of good information and advice and clear instructions.
Invaluable for those who who knit embroider or crochet and basic sewing .
A must have for anyone who does any of the above. Easy to try new projects from the clear instructions.
Every page is well illustrated with great instructions.
It is a very good investment and well written and laid out book
I was fortunate I got my copy well reduced in the sale , but is worth the full price.
Ashleigh
Dec 27, 2011 Ashleigh rated it really liked it
This book is filled with wonderful things to learn and make. It has a great amount of examples of each different type of needlecraft including knitting, crochet, embroidery, quilting, patchwork and applique. Its a wealth of information and I would definately recommend it to those who are just starting out and those who want to expand their knowledge base on the subject.
Fatma M.essam
Sep 21, 2012 Fatma M.essam rated it it was amazing
It includes all the techniques about knitting(tereco), crochet, embroidery(tatrez), needlepoint(canvas), and patchwork.
A very useful book for all kinds of needlework.
Chanel Earl
Mar 17, 2011 Chanel Earl rated it it was amazing
This book is really pretty and really useful. I have used it for many things in the short time I have had it, and feel like I can find most answers about needlecraft within its colorful pages.
Fatma
Sep 17, 2012 Fatma rated it it was amazing
A very useful book for all kinds of needlework.
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2012
Hannah
Hannah rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Annika 1218
Annika 1218 rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2014
Letitia
Jun 19, 2013 Letitia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reference
Checked this book out from the library about 10 times. Finally decided to buy my own copy!
Mariawdc
Mariawdc rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2013
luadprata
luadprata rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2012
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2010
Isa
Isa rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2012
Mel
Mel rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016
Lisa Jones
Lisa Jones rated it it was amazing
Dec 14, 2010
Amy Derwae
Amy Derwae rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2013
Mary Barrett
Mary Barrett rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2015
Marcene
Marcene rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2012
Hannah Russell
Hannah Russell rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2012
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2011
Mariana
Mariana rated it really liked it
May 22, 2015
Aunt T
Aunt T rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2012
Kymn Paulson
Kymn Paulson rated it liked it
Jan 09, 2015
Filipa Chaves
Filipa Chaves rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2016
Francine
Francine rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2011
Jaleh
Jaleh rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2012