Start by marking “Ice Bear with Audio, Peggable: Read, Listen, & Wonder: In the Steps of the Polar Bear” as Want to Read:

Ice Bear with Audio, Peggable: Read, Listen, & Wonder: In the Steps of the Polar Bear (Read and Wonder)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  74 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Follow the path of the magnificent polar bear as it strives to survive in an age-old Arctic habitat threatened by global warming.

This vibrant new book-and-CD series brings the best of our Read and Wonder nature stories to life.

Each paperback title in the series includes a CD that features:
- an engaging read-aloud with sound effects
- a segment focusing on fascinating facts
Published September 22nd 2009 by Candlewick (first published November 8th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Ice Bear with Audio, Peggable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ice Bear with Audio, Peggable

Den
Jan 13, 2017 Den rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children, 2017
Another excellent non-fiction book which describes the hard life of a polar bear. Great information and marvelous illustrations.
Dana
Dec 16, 2016 Dana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Factual picture book about polar bears.
Stef Rozitis
Suitable mainly for 4-8 year olds this book nicely balances itself between fiction and non-fiction being a factual account of the life of an ice bear (polar bear or nanuk) written in a narrative style. The pictures are detailed and sensitive bringing us into the world of the bear and un-othering another species. When I read to children I find the insertion of facts into the text unhelpful and interruptive, but if i skip them it reads well and I guess older, more independent readers might gain so ...more
Jesse McMorris
Dec 08, 2015 Jesse McMorris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ice Bear: In the Steps of the Polar Bear is written by Nicoloa Davies and is illustrated by Gary Blythe. The illustrations help the book so much because of all the pastel colors that they end up using. The book has a ton of different colors in it like the sunset and the ocean are varied with colors of blue and orange. This is more of an informational book than anything because it is not giving you too much information is gives you enough information that is good. I would actually use this book i ...more
Jessica Minnoia
Mar 22, 2010 Jessica Minnoia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book
This book is a non-fiction picture book about the lives of polar bears. The illustrations are beautiful and it contains a ton of information on polar bears. Each page contains part of the "story" and also includes facts about polar bears. At the end is a page breifly describing how polar bears are endagered and simple tips on what we can do to help.
This book could be used as a read-aloud for a K-4 class, but the activities/discussions would vary greatly depending on the age range. For the youn
Aug 23, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful book that tells just enough details about the polar bear to teach children something new yet not so dense with info that it loses that picture-book feel. Beautiful illustrations complement this text.
Erin
Jan 24, 2015 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great nonfiction book that reads like a picture book. There are smaller font sentences on the page that give more detailed facts about the polar bears for a more in depth read.

Good for preschool storytimes.
Yara Luz
Mar 08, 2015 Yara Luz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a good choice to learn about Polar Bears and we could help stop animals extinction and stop the global warming. I recommend this book because it have at the end of the book a page talking about what are the main things that we can do to stop global warming and animals extinction.
Jean-Marie
This is a great non-fiction picture book about polar bears. We read it to complement our history lesson about the Northern Native Americans in North America.
Carrie Gelson
Love this series and Nicola Davies is such an amazing author of the information story book. My students were spellbound listening to this story and it inspired many questions.
Meghan Nels
Meghan Nels rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2014
Elisabeth Ellington
Elisabeth Ellington rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2015
Julie Esanu
Julie Esanu rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2017
Lova
Lova rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2016
Cait
Cait rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2016
Laura Simpson
This one was really good. Lyrical, beautiful and enchanting for young readers
Marianne
Marianne rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2008
Rosemarie
Rosemarie rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2017
Ingrid
Ingrid rated it really liked it
Mar 13, 2015
Ralf Urbach
Ralf Urbach rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2013
Rubi
Rubi rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2014
Kendra
Kendra rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2015
Bree
Bree rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2013
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it really liked it
May 25, 2014
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2015
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2014
Casandria
Jan 07, 2016 Casandria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really well-written and interesting!
Susie LaBelle
Susie LaBelle rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2015
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
May 09, 2012
Jason Ader
Jason Ader rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
"I was very small when I saw my first dolphin," says zoologist Nicola Davies, recalling a seminal visit with her father to a dolphin show at the zoo. Enchanted at the sight of what she called the "big fish" jumping so high and swimming so fast, she determined right then that she would meet the amazing creatures again "in the wild, where they belonged." And indeed she did--as part of a pair of scie ...more
More about Nicola Davies...

Read and Wonder (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • A Field Full of Horses: Read and Wonder
  • All Pigs Are Beautiful: Read and Wonder
  • Bat Loves the Night: Read and Wonder
  • Big Blue Whale: Read and Wonder
  • Chameleons Are Cool: Read and Wonder
  • Dolphin Baby!
  • Gentle Giant Octopus: Read and Wonder
  • Growing Frogs
  • I Love Guinea Pigs (Read and Wonder Books)
  • Jody's Beans